Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

Is it not these said players that have disappointed over the last 2 years that has created this scenario 🤷‍♂️
I wouldn't say that those players disappointed given they won a league title and kept their club in the championship over two years during a reconstruction. Not bad for a small provincial junior club. Maybe didn't meet expectations of some with money invested of late but that doesn't guarantee success all the time.

Best of luck to Darvel next season and beyond. Changes happen in football all the time and sometimes not always for the good but it still happens. Darvel are now in a position with their finances that they could only dream about less than 10 years ago. Why wouldn't you want to invest that cash in the playing squad? If it brings them success good luck to them.

Guest Mick Kennedy

I will comment on this only once and again to clear things up for any outsides on the process that has been applied. 

Firstly I have been open and honest with the players on every occasion, I have met them on two prior occasions to last night face to face. I explained during my discussion on both occasions my aspirations for the club, the environment and culture I hoped to create and hopefully build a successful club that challenged for trophies.

I informed them of the process that I would follow from my appointment to the end of the season, that myself and management team would watch them between then and the end of the season. We then review our findings, and decide what will we felt was best for the club, and how we wanted to move forward.

We arranged to meet every player individually last night, a few didn’t want to  meet and informed us they were leaving, there was a few that were working. I offered to come back down and meet them in person or speak to them by phone. I was informed they were happy to speak over the phone hence why we spoke to a couple of people by telephone. 

I understand people will be upset, I can only do what I think is best for the club. We have been professional and honest during the whole process. Unfortunately a new manager coming at any level of football means change. I need to do what I think will bring success to the club

Every decision made last night was made by myself and the management team, we will be successful or fail on the back of our own decisions. 

If this is true it's a disgrace from the club no loyalty or respect  shown to a man who has shown them loyalty for the past 7 years. He wore  his heart on his sleeve everytime he pulled the Jersey on  and was born 300 yards from the park so the club are shown no respect to locals.
Why is it a disgrace ? It happens at all levels of the game. A new manager comes in looks at what he has and doesnt think certain players are right for him. He might be proved to be wrong and the lad might go prove himself elsewhere but certainly isnt a disgrace. I'm sure the players will appreciate the honesty rather than find out down the line he was only kept on due to where he was born.

3 hours ago, hunnersapepper said:

Is it not these said players that have disappointed over the last 2 years that has created this scenario 

How have they disappointed you clown? The original squad over achieved and were well on track.. you could argue if money was there at the point of winning the adlwe could have got other players to add to the already brilliant squad we had instead of going through managers and spending money on players just because of who they played with years ago. So don't say any of that squad under achieved when that's a load of shite

12 hours ago, who at all the depays said:

Plenty of teams have spent money trying to achieve what the Talbot do. Let's hope for the sake of the club youse have made the right call.

Don't know if you missed the memo mate but Darvel aren't spending money here, they're building a project that everyone wants to be a part of.

How have they disappointed you clown? The original squad over achieved and were well on track.. you could argue if money was there at the point of winning the adlwe could have got other players to add to the already brilliant squad we had instead of going through managers and spending money on players just because of who they played with years ago. So don't say any of that squad under achieved when that's a load of shite

The same brilliant squad that basically threw the towel in for the last 2 managers eh !!
Move on its history now

Sadly life is not always fluffy clouds and rainbows.Decisions have to be made in any walk of life to improve things and also for the new manager and team to stamp there mark 

I am sure there will be a lot of disgruntled people.Mostly parents and friends of players who have been told they are no longer required .

As a player I would rather be told I am not in their plans and get sorted with another club.Nothing worse than training all week and not getting picked for the team or constantly warming the bench .

Me personally I always see football as a pyramid system and if you want to reach the levels above then that is the class of player you need to attract and bring in .

Obviously Darvel don’t mind having a shit reputation.

No loyalty, no respect, it was to be expected.

Dont want to improve players, just want to buy them already made.

They can try all they want but they will never be the next Talbot.

30 minutes ago, hunnersapepper said:

The same brilliant squad that basically threw the towel in for the last 2 managers eh !!
Move on its history now

Absolute load a shite. Shows what you know. Aye move on because your wrong. I hope everything works out for darvel because I love the club and yes managers bring in players and get rid of others but my problem is you trying to disrespect a squad that got u where u are. And there's a good chance u have just jumped on the bandwagon recently. It's comments like this that make people think the fans are embarrassing. So to sum up... Good luck darvel and Mick the new manager a hope you do well... And you go have a look at yourself in a mirror and have a word with yourself

17 minutes ago, NewMan87 said:

Absolute load a shite. Shows what you know. Aye move on because your wrong. I hope everything works out for darvel because I love the club and yes managers bring in players and get rid of others but my problem is you trying to disrespect a squad that got u where u are. And there's a good chance u have just jumped on the bandwagon recently. It's comments like this that make people think the fans are embarrassing. So to sum up... Good luck darvel and Mick the new manager a hope you do well... And you go have a look at yourself in a mirror and have a word with yourself

Spot on mate, it’s not the Darvel players, it’s the fans that put targets on those players back every single season. 

Feel for the players that were totally committed to the Darvel cause and not just there for the cash as that has been the case the last couple of seasons. 

The team that won the adl had great team spirit, desire and will to win, you can’t buy that.

Guest Mick Kennedy
59 minutes ago, NewMan87 said:

I don’t have to look myself in the mirror, I have done nothing wrong. This is about me building a team I think can be successful, every manager at every level does this. As I have said I have been honest with the players all through the process. 

Clubs up and down junior football will be having the same conversations with players, it’s how football works unfortunately. 

I don’t have to look myself in the mirror, I have done nothing wrong. This is about me building a team I think can be successful, every manager at every level does this. As I have said I have been honest with the players all through the process. 
Clubs up and down junior football will be having the same conversations with players, it’s how football works unfortunately. 
Don't think the post was aimed at you mate. Was aimed at one of the "supporters" who said the team has underachieved

Guest Mick Kennedy
15 minutes ago, who at all the depays said:
39 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Don't think the post was aimed at you mate. Was aimed at one of the "supporters" who said the team has underachieved

Sorry mate 

1 hour ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Thought you were only commenting once?

Calm doon!!! I haven’t disrespected any player. The current squad of players did well to achieve reaching the championship.

They have now had 2 years to prove they are good enough to reach the next stage which hasn’t happened. They were aware that the goal was to be promoted to the premier so don’t understand your issue.

Can Anyone Confirm a list of those players out of Contract and moving on from Darvel next year?

Martin Findlay
Callum Walsh
David markey(unless he wants a trial)
Jamie Henderson
Mark armour
Jackson biggar
Stewart Davidson
Ricky hanvey

Players that have left by their own accord

Grant Kirkwood
Paul Cameron
Martyn brown

Mark gilmour,Robert Boyd,Robert love,Paul Hewitt have been asked to stay.