Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

17 minutes ago, Darvel Dave said:
41 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

What? You do realise that at almost every level of football players and managers use the opinions of other teams to motivate themselves. Social media these days will be the modern equivalent of a manager putting a newspaper headline on a dressing room wall.

I don’t think players will consciously be thinking of Darvel Legend mid-game but I wouldn’t be surprised if managers/players have discussions in training etc making reference to “these guys think they are big shots and we are shite, go and show them”

I’m not referring to Darvel here I think it’ll happen all over the place*.

*not been in a dressing room at level in my life other than pub league.

I agree with that it happens all over the game, I've witnessed it myself in dressing rooms but this is just my personal opinion, players shouldn't need that type of motivation, it should be there anyway

They get motivated by these things. It makes players want to win. 

On 11/08/2018 at 11:38, Darvel legend said:

Aye we need 3 points on the board and then we are up and running , we all can see the quality in the team and hopefully can kickstart our season 

On 08/08/2018 at 22:51, Darvel legend said:

Aye I’m sure we will but that’s us 5 points behind Rutherglen n Cumbernauld already and no disrespect to the 2 teams we have played but we have far better players than them and I was expecting 6 points , one is a poor return and no worth trying to dress it up any other way 

On 08/08/2018 at 22:59, Darvel legend said:

Last time we won the league we had 1 point out of 6 and went unbeaten rest of the season , I’d settle for the same again ha but this is a different kettle of fish this league 

On 09/08/2018 at 11:09, Darvel legend said:

Look you beat us last night and I’ve said because u defended well u deserved it 

but you have as much chance of finishing above us as I have of being the next prime minister 

Enjoy ur 3 points as you won’t get many 

On 09/08/2018 at 11:24, Darvel legend said:

We won’t be far away come may and bookmark this if u want 

As you can see denial is always the first sign: https://www.recover-from-grief.com/7-stages-of-grief.html

Hope you can come to terms with how pish your team is soon, champ. 

I agree with that it happens all over the game, I've witnessed it myself in dressing rooms but this is just my personal opinion, players shouldn't need that type of motivation, it should be there anyway
You seem to be talking some sense Dave. If players are signed on above average wages for experienced players they should not need any media support they should no there jobs.

The legend is far from happy how we can’t beat teams like st rochs and Whitletts with the players we have is beyond belief 
Saw this game as well as your 3 nil victory 2 seasons ago and must say your team has lost all it's team spirit it had under Paddy. You wont be anywhere near promotion this year,your battle will be at the other end of the table

The squad has changed dramatically since the season’s start. Roddy Paterson and Robert Boyd transferred (maybe loaned) but missing. Martin Findlay released and the serious injuries to Henderson and Chisholm. This won’t have helped in terms of squad depth being stretched and a lot of the plans that had been worked on in pre season. Yes the manager decided the players were surplus to his plans but it’s now time to regroup and see how quickly it can be turned round. The first division in West juniors has always been one where this week’s champions are next week’s relegation fodder.

27 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

The squad has changed dramatically since the season’s start. Roddy Paterson and Robert Boyd transferred (maybe loaned) but missing. Martin Findlay released and the serious injuries to Henderson and Chisholm. This won’t have helped in terms of squad depth being stretched and a lot of the plans that had been worked on in pre season. Yes the manager decided the players were surplus to his plans but it’s now time to regroup and see how quickly it can be turned round. The first division in West juniors has always been one where this week’s champions are next week’s relegation fodder.

Good post no much has went right so far but long long way to go 

2 hours ago, lang said:
On 18/08/2018 at 22:47, Darvel legend said:
The legend is far from happy how we can’t beat teams like st rochs and Whitletts with the players we have is beyond belief 

Saw this game as well as your 3 nil victory 2 seasons ago and must say your team has lost all it's team spirit it had under Paddy. You wont be anywhere near promotion this year,your battle will be at the other end of the table

Don’t talk pish 

3 hours ago, lang said:
On 18/08/2018 at 22:47, Darvel legend said:

No team spirit ? Down 4-2 wae 10 men for nearly an hour we must have got beat five or six 2 ?

nop 4-4 draw I would say we have plenty of team spirit but keep on making things up as u go along 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

No team spirit ? Down 4-2 wae 10 men for nearly an hour we must have got beat five or six 2 ?

nop 4-4 draw I would say we have plenty of team spirit but keep on making things up as u go along 

F**k all to do with team spirit, Whitletts gifted yous your goals. 

The free kick wasn’t great and should have been saved, and the last was poor defending and should have been dealt with!!

3 minutes ago, iPhone said:

F**k all to do with team spirit, Whitletts gifted yous your goals. 

The free kick wasn’t great and should have been saved, and the last was poor defending and should have been dealt with!!

Boo hoo  big bad Darvel scored 4 against the mighty Whitletts 

and we defended great  ha ha