Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Darvel legend

Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

See my post u dick benburb deserved their win 

I fuckin love this thread, made my Saturday night, especially after we pumped St Roch's , he's rattled, keep the comedy gold coming :):)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I cannae say it’s a barrel of laughs right now but up to players and management to turn this around and turn it around very quickly 

Tick tock, management must be shitting themselves. My prediction getting closer by the week 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:


Tick tock, management must be shitting themselves. My prediction getting closer by the week 

Never mind I’m away to check who we play next week we must be due 3 points 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:


Tick tock, management must be shitting themselves. My prediction getting closer by the week 

Is that what you want to see management getting the sack mind you you's have been through a few recently 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Got of to a great start today going up 1/0 after 1 minute with a Gregg Vernon header, then never at the races after that Benburb worthy winners and could have been more but some great saves by Davie Markey not good enough on the day and must improve soon
Heard Markey is looking for a transfer after the abysmal defensive situation today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ubidizzy said:

Bringing in experienced players is all good and well but are they playing for the club or just happy to be picking up cash if it’s the latter I reckon it’ll be a long hard season for yous, experience is all good and well but hard work is every bit as important mate.

I don't want to say they are only there for the cash but I am starting to wonder 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have just posted on our group chat not good enough we needed experience this season  I agree but the guys who have came in need to have a good look at themselves picking up wages and not delivering imo 
3 promoted teams and got 1 point is laughable and lucky and let's not be kidded the money they are picking up I was expecting more 
I want to go on a rant something needs to change and I don't mean sack the manager he has had a bit of bad luck with a few injuries to important players but other  players the so called experience players need stand up 
How did Cameron (super star big bucks) perform today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:
4 hours ago, jnr supporter said:
I have just posted on our group chat not good enough we needed experience this season  I agree but the guys who have came in need to have a good look at themselves picking up wages and not delivering imo 
3 promoted teams and got 1 point is laughable and lucky and let's not be kidded the money they are picking up I was expecting more 
I want to go on a rant something needs to change and I don't mean sack the manager he has had a bit of bad luck with a few injuries to important players but other  players the so called experience players need stand up 

How did Cameron (super star big bucks) perform today.

Imo not good enough but no one stood out apart from the keeper but that's my opinion 

Edited by jnr supporter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There is no doubt the players we have brought in are quality, anybody who can’t see that is either got another agenda or can’t recognise a decent player. What I will say is they possibly can’t all play together. We also need organisation at the back, I think if one of those players had to move there that could be an answer. Imo we need more energy in the midddle of the park, unfortunately our skipper is injured and we need to look at others in the squad to make up for that. We also need an attaking option from the right. All said and done though one out of nine points is not good enough and the two defeats we were beaten easily. Not a rant just my opinion.
Thought you had massive squad 7/8 midfielders. Now the proverbial has hit the fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't want to say they are only there for the cash but I am starting to wonder 
Weaken up and smell the coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought Darvel would win the league or at least be up there challenging but after today's display I doubt it .The midfield were well of the pace and were given the run around by the Benburn youngsters ( they looked years younger anyway ) and were by far the hungry team .The so called experienced players certinly didn't live up to there reputation .Hendo was sorely missed and I would have big KP back anytime in front of any of the the new signings in midfield 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thereporter said:


So is mine, yours will go

Did George give you a knock back on a night out or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darvel were well beaten on Saturday - in all departments. Even the Benburb dugout was more enthusiastic than Darvel's, the away team officials giving non-stop encouragement to their players rather than the opposite from the homesters. Do the new signings need time to settle? Or are they over the hill? Why is Armour not in the starting line-up? Early days at Darvel  so let's hope that, rather than walking away, everyone pulls together to lift themselves out of what is fast becoming a crisis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Big Gray said:

Darvel were well beaten on Saturday - in all departments. Even the Benburb dugout was more enthusiastic than Darvel's, the away team officials giving non-stop encouragement to their players rather than the opposite from the homesters. Do the new signings need time to settle? Or are they over the hill? Why is Armour not in the starting line-up? Early days at Darvel  so let's hope that, rather than walking away, everyone pulls together to lift themselves out of what is fast becoming a crisis. 

Imo Mark Armour has still to show what he can do in this league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Big Gray said:

Darvel were well beaten on Saturday - in all departments. Even the Benburb dugout was more enthusiastic than Darvel's, the away team officials giving non-stop encouragement to their players rather than the opposite from the homesters. Do the new signings need time to settle? Or are they over the hill? Why is Armour not in the starting line-up? Early days at Darvel  so let's hope that, rather than walking away, everyone pulls together to lift themselves out of what is fast becoming a crisis. 

Aye it is becoming a crisis I can’t argue with that but we can’t go from playing talbot off the park and running hurlford close to being a bad team in 2 weeks 

we should have beat Rossvale and st rochs defended great against us which was obviously a fluke as they have shipped 12 in their other 2 games but yesterday was simply no good enough 

benburb streets ahead all over the park and that is worrying 

I still think we will go  up so all this talk about relegation is just fucking stupid but this league won’t be as competitive as last season with teams beating each other and we need to start winning games now 

and as for guys here for cash and nothing else that’s just plain stupidity these guys have all had successful careers and are winners but this game is about 3 things ability attitude and confidence and right now the last of these 3 are lacking in our team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Aye it is becoming a crisis I can’t argue with that but we can’t go from playing talbot off the park and running hurlford close to being a bad team in 2 weeks 

we should have beat Rossvale and st rochs defended great against us which was obviously a fluke as they have shipped 12 in their other 2 games but yesterday was simply no good enough 

benburb streets ahead all over the park and that is worrying 

I still think we will go  up so all this talk about relegation is just fucking stupid but this league won’t be as competitive as last season with teams beating each other and we need to start winning games now 

and as for guys here for cash and nothing else that’s just plain stupidity these guys have all had successful careers and are winners but this game is about 3 things ability attitude and confidence and right now the last of these 3 are lacking in our team 

No doubt that there is quality in your squad but obviously not playing well as a team, bit disrespectful saying St rochs result was a fluke, they have every case for saying your result against Talbot was the fluke result and at the moment that's what it looks like, you can't have 1 point from nine and talk about other teams being lucky against you, obviously a problem somewhere, although I don't think yous will be near relegation I expect yous to come good and be comfortable top half of table

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Never heard you complaining about Kilwinning choice of music before games Mr.Legend!
Also, if you're going to come on here and make claims that the Candy had the rebs on, I would love to know the songs you heard?
I'm going out on a limb and suggesting that none of them were of the sectarian variety. 
In regards to the fitbaw, as disappointed as you are, its only 2games in, once we get these crazy run of fixtures out the way and can actually do some work on the training ground with all new signings you'll soon fly up the table. 

Buffs have never played any sectarian songs,believe it or not our support comes from both sides of the fence,so this wouldn't be accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Aye it is becoming a crisis I can’t argue with that but we can’t go from playing talbot off the park and running hurlford close to being a bad team in 2 weeks 

we should have beat Rossvale and st rochs defended great against us which was obviously a fluke as they have shipped 12 in their other 2 games but yesterday was simply no good enough 

benburb streets ahead all over the park and that is worrying 

I still think we will go  up so all this talk about relegation is just fucking stupid but this league won’t be as competitive as last season with teams beating each other and we need to start winning games now 

and as for guys here for cash and nothing else that’s just plain stupidity these guys have all had successful careers and are winners but this game is about 3 things ability attitude and confidence and right now the last of these 3 are lacking in our team 

Benburb by far the better team yesterday, this despite Darvel having a great start and looking comfortable for first 10 minutes. The remainder of the first half was pretty much one way with Darvel struggling to cope with the pace from the opposition. Standing on the sidelines it was obvious that Darvel full backs bombing forward didn’t have the pace of Benburb to get back, so should maybe have sat back a little.

The second half I actually thought Darvel came back into it a little though with very little goal threat, substitutions certainly helped and may be the way to go next Saturday. Also need another big imposing centre half or sweeper. Take nothing from  Benburb though, they won this convincingly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×