1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

He won’t be mate 

Maybe you try telling his Auld Man to keep a lid on it then :whistle

Has been said on here a few times Money Talks 

Oh and before you start, the young lad doesn’t know or even heard of Mick :P

Edited by Billy XBoswell

10 hours ago, Hawlino said:

Was he with Bonnyton 1st team ?

I meant to add earlier mate that according to The Big Scout DL, all players at Killies other Senior Team are not good enough to play at same level as The Mighty Darvel

This is good news for Alan, Paul, Neil & Higgy @ Bonnyton Thistle who will be relieved to know that Mick & their Big Bucks are not interested in any of their playing squad 8)

12 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

I’m hearing that Calvin Kemp aka Kempo From Talbot will be a Darvel player next season

Can you confirm DL?

Best no to believe everything that's posted on FB, £450 a week and financed by Brown Brothers.:lol:

Screenshot_20190526-113854.thumb.png.674a5b7ffac0082de448c8f938713745.pngScreenshot_20190526-113915.thumb.png.627ee245a46c4cc34f8e9a827919c06a.png

3 minutes ago, outsider said:

Best no to believe everything that's posted on FB, £450 a week and financed by Brown Brothers.:lol:

Screenshot_20190526-113854.thumb.png.674a5b7ffac0082de448c8f938713745.pngScreenshot_20190526-113915.thumb.png.627ee245a46c4cc34f8e9a827919c06a.png

I would be surprised if the Godfrey’s @ Brown Bros are involved, maybe they meant Brownings :rolleyes:

£450 per week up the valley?

I will have to tell my young yin to get his boots back on 

2 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

I would be surprised if the Godfrey’s @ Brown Bros are involved, maybe they meant Brownings :rolleyes:

£450 per week up the valley?

I will have to tell my young yin to get his boots back on 

You should get your own boots back on Billy for that money.

Seriously folks, we have a committee at Darvel who for the vast majority are all Darvel boys, we would be mad to be paying the money that is being touted about. Our main aim is to get the club to the premiership and we believe that with increased revenue what with sponsors, lottery, advertising boards, bigger crowds from both locals and away support we would be self sufficient. There are a good few on the committee that run successful businesses and our aim is to run the club as you would with your own business and to be paying the money getting spoke about us just not good business sense.

12 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Do the Bonnyton 1st team lads get paid, if they’re classed as a senior team ?

Nope .... play for their shirts & the great coaching they are getting from ex Killies players who are the coaches . Last season was their first & lads were paying £20/month for the privilege :rolleyes:

FYI .... Darvel were not the first team to attract players FOC 

Dont hear many senior teams charging their players . Fair play to the boys paying that to play football . Just shows you , there are lads out their who play for the love of the game and jersey .

Just now, Hawlino said:

Dont hear many senior teams charging their players . Fair play to the boys paying that to play football . Just shows you , there are lads out their who play for the love of the game and jersey .

Yes, it’s called amateur football. There is leagues full of these types of teams, it’s nothing new!

1 hour ago, Hawlino said:

Oh i thought it was a senior kinda pro league Ipad , where players get paid and that for playing etc . Woops . So its an amateur league . Understood it better now .

There is next to no organised Saturday amateur in Dumfries & Galloway. It goes from Sunday league to South Of Scotland League so it is pretty much amateur standard.

I am not knocking it as it serves it purpose which is to give local boys a competitive organised league to play in but it is really a "senior" league in name only.

Also just found out that local Ayrshire Lad, Craig Conway, has left Blackburn Rovers after 5 years and could be on his way to The Mighty Darvel

Although £450/week is only pocket money to him it means he will be able to come back home and I believe he also knows the new management team now in place

Well done DL if you can also pull this one off :whistle 

2 hours ago, iPhone said:

Yes, it’s called amateur football. There is leagues full of these types of teams, it’s nothing new!

I was not suggesting that Bonnyton play in an amateur league, I was only saying that it’s not something new for players to play without being paid, there loads of amateur teams where this happens.

That doesn’t mean that they play for the jersey, lots of players move to teams where they have more change of winning or competing for leagues and cups.

I know boys play for nothing and win trophies and cups with their mates . I just wondered if Bonnyton 1st team paid they’re players and its a no . They play to be coached by ex Killie legends and the jersey .

20 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

I know boys play for nothing and win trophies and cups with their mates . I just wondered if Bonnyton 1st team paid they’re players and its a no . They play to be coached by ex Killie legends and the jersey .

All Bonnyton Thistle players are on Ammie Contracts 

Edited by Billy XBoswell