Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

Guest Mick Kennedy
19 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Bringing public park guys into juniors en masse is nothing new Ardeer and Saltcoats do it regularly lol. Hurlford used Hyster when they returned to the fold after taking a season out the game. Colvilles have top ammies many ex juniors , many of them preferred ammie due to time demands of the juniors or because they liked playing with their mates or even playing Sunday pub fitba. Winning cups with best players in ammies is one thing giving Tommy Sloan sleepless nights in juniors is another lol  quite sure Kennedy realises that ,  will be a good test of his ability. Does Kennedy know much about the juniors ?  

I know enough that it will be a tougher than amateur mate, but there will still be areas were I need to understand the level and gain a bit of experience of junior that why I have brought in a very experienced management team to support me. But I suppose one if the main arts at any level is to build a squad of good players so that the first challenge. 

To be fair I don’t think any managers give Tommy sleepless nights, but we are and will be miles away from Talbot. My only interest is putting the structure in place of the park that I like to work within, then build a squad that will compete to get promoted. 

We wont try and run before we can walk, I fully expect the championship to be a very challenging league next season. 

I hope we aren’t facing Kilbirnie and liam and the boys manage to stay up. 

There is a difference between winding people up / banter and down right being disrespectful to other junior clubs as DL has been this season ,there is absolutely nothing wrong with being ambitious and wanting the best for your club ,and anytime we've been down to darvel we've been treated well ,but DL's comments turn alot of people off Darvel ,the proof is on here ,and would he not have been better letting Mick get on about his buusness queitly instead of shouting his mouth off bout next season already ? And gotw was it not your club that he said he'd rather have the toothache than visit jmp again ?
He did but that's his opinion and I'm sure after we beat them again next season he will say the same again .

10 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

I know enough that it will be a tougher than amateur mate, but there will still be areas were I need to understand the level and gain a bit of experience of junior that why I have brought in a very experienced management team to support me. But I suppose one if the main arts at any level is to build a squad of good players so that the first challenge. 

To be fair I don’t think any managers give Tommy sleepless nights, but we are and will be miles away from Talbot. My only interest is putting the structure in place of the park that I like to work within, then build a squad that will compete to get promoted. 

We wont try and run before we can walk, I fully expect the championship to be a very challenging league next season. 

I hope we aren’t facing Kilbirnie and liam and the boys manage to stay up. 

Talbot are beatable mate and Ferns could prob get in there team.If we took our chances first half we could got a result against them

But there was not that much init maybe they had a off day but ground out the result like good teams do

I think you would give them a good game once you put your squad together 

Big Chrissy would still get you goals suprised you have not mentioned him coming he is a big bully and would certainly get the ammo with Knapp and Ferns

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

52 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Talbot are beatable mate and Ferns could prob get in there team.If we took our chances first half we could got a result against them

But there was not that much init maybe they had a off day but ground out the result like good teams do

I think you would give them a good game once you put your squad together 

Big Chrissy would still get you goals suprised you have not mentioned him coming he is a big bully and would certainly get the ammo with Knapp and Ferns

If ferns could get in talbots team then tucker would do a thorough research on him and probably sign him, but Darvel will continue to snap all these world beaters up and go on to gain World dominance :unsure2: zzzzzzz

If anyone has seen Eddie Ferns this season they can't question his quality the boy is top class and would stand out in any junior team .
We were lucky he is a candy boy and we got him for a season and the boy has been brilliant .
He now wants to work with Mick at Darvel and I can't blame him as there is something special happening there tho I would loved for him to have stayed for our centenary season but the move was to big to turn down .

Just now, griffiti on the wall said:

If anyone has seen Eddie Ferns this season they can't question his quality the boy is top class and would stand out in any junior team .
We were lucky he is a candy boy and we got him for a season and the boy has been brilliant .
He now wants to work with Mick at Darvel and I can't blame him as there is something special happening there tho I would loved for him to have stayed for our centenary season but the move was to big to turn down .

I saw him a few times this year and saw Talbot last week he would get a game for them and would been a great signing for us if I knew he was available sooner we might have moved for him

I already brought his name up but was under the impression he would never leave the Roch he would also get a game for Beith to great signing for Mick

I saw him a few times this year and saw Talbot last week he would get a game for them and would been a great signing for us if I knew he was available sooner we might have moved for him

I already brought his name up but was under the impression he would never leave the Roch he would also get a game for Beith to great signing for Mick

I honestly thought he would never leave either Tartan Tammy but no many folk are one club players nowadays even in the juniors

Guest Mick Kennedy
4 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

And went to Shettleston and on to Airdrie and Clyde but apparently he never took to the juniors pure pish from Hertha yet again

Not sure what success the other lads had,  but I know Eddie could still play senior football and has had offers 

14 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Not sure what success the other lads had,  but I know Eddie could still play senior football and has had offers 

Yeah you would as you know everything, and you also seem to be Mr junior football these days in every matter, maybe best keeping low key but the so called Darvel legend  loves to be the center of attention too. 

Edited by ThemightyHERTHA