Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

When u see the quality Mick has at colville its fair to say they guys are their because of him as a lot of them could be making a lot of dough in the junior game so money ain’t everything 

While I don't doubt that a number of players are currently at Colville due to the manager,I think it's fair to say that the quality of the players who played during big Gerry Hamilton's stewardship (including Michael Kennedy) wasn't too shabby. Unfortunately,in two Scottish finals they came up against a Hurlford team with players of a similar standard and,after two pretty memorable games,the trophy went to Ayrshire.

Incidentally,I have no idea which,if any,Colville players might end up at Darvel but,if we're talking quality,then the wee sweeper who pings 40 and 50 yard diagonal passes on a regular basis,is as good a player as I've seen in recent seasons.:)

Edited by tommyboy

43 minutes ago, Zicco said:

Well how come you couldn’t get any decent junior players to come to Darvel until the pieman came to the club with his £££££££££££ loads of money and yous languished in the Ayrshire DL for 25 years
Just asking as it would be interesting to know so other clubs could attract players who want to play for nothing or not much £££££££

Maybe ambition eh ?

2 minutes ago, Zicco said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png
What kind of ambition you’ve went through more managers than players during the piemans tenure
but I have to say your teams doing better think that’s 3 wins on the trot now no be long till your ambitions are reached being the Talbot

Got it in one ur good 

9 hours ago, Zicco said:

Well how come you couldn’t get any decent junior players to come to Darvel until the pieman came to the club with his £££££££££££ loads of money and yous languished in the Ayrshire DL for 25 years
Just asking as it would be interesting to know so other clubs could attract players who want to play for nothing or not much £££££££

Obviously you have to pay more than adl wages, my point is there will be teams with a bigger budget than ours trying to attract players and it will be interesting to see who they sign for.

5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

That will happen next season come up and enjoy the football 

Thanks For The Invite Legend,Glad You Are Going Back To The Old Ways,You Have Fecked about To Much ,Enjoy The Rest Of This Season And All The Best For next season With The New Set Up.:thumsup2

Enjoyed my visit to Recreation Park today apart from the result obviously, that said the correct result was  done. Hats off to the club and those involved as the last time we were there the park was a bog, the pitch looked top class, the improvements around the ground also are a credit to all involved.  Only had three issues, firstly the group of 'grown' ups I stood next to, great bunch but one guy ..... FFS I guess his wife doesnt let him talk in the house as he never shut up all day! Secondly I popped in for a pie, a lovely 'older' lady asked if I wanted a Killie pie, her younger helper explained it was a Kilmarnock pie, they argued over what it was called so I sat on the fence and asked for a pie that wasn't just mince and it was top class.

Finally, I couldnt find a list of the days teams so could anyone help me out with the 1-11 of Darvel today?

Thanks again for the great welcome,I took a few pictures that I have stuck on Facebook and tagged Recreation Park that, if any use, your more than welcome to lift and use.

49 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

Enjoyed my visit to Recreation Park today apart from the result obviously, that said the correct result was  done. Hats off to the club and those involved as the last time we were there the park was a bog, the pitch looked top class, the improvements around the ground also are a credit to all involved.  Only had three issues, firstly the group of 'grown' ups I stood next to, great bunch but one guy ..... FFS I guess his wife doesnt let him talk in the house as he never shut up all day! Secondly I popped in for a pie, a lovely 'older' lady asked if I wanted a Killie pie, her younger helper explained it was a Kilmarnock pie, they argued over what it was called so I sat on the fence and asked for a pie that wasn't just mince and it was top class.

Finally, I couldnt find a list of the days teams so could anyone help me out with the 1-11 of Darvel today?

Thanks again for the great welcome,I took a few pictures that I have stuck on Facebook and tagged Recreation Park that, if any use, your more than welcome to lift and use.

Lol, Darvel team. Markey, Boyd, Findlay, Walsh, Biggar,Tan,Hanvey,Cameron, Henderson, Love, Hewitt.

26 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Lol, Darvel team. Markey, Boyd, Findlay, Walsh, Biggar,Tan,Hanvey,Cameron, Henderson, Love, Hewitt.

Cheers, much appreciated. If the word on the wire is right I hope we can hang onto your coat tails next season and go up as runners up haha

2 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

Cheers, much appreciated. If the word on the wire is right I hope we can hang onto your coat tails next season and go up as runners up haha

We won’t be far away next season that’s for sure and tbh our performance at dunterlie would be one of our worst this season. Best of luck to you for the rest of the season and thanks for words regarding the pitch and set up, much appreciated.

6 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

We won’t be far away next season that’s for sure and tbh our performance at dunterlie would be one of our worst this season. Best of luck to you for the rest of the season and thanks for words regarding the pitch and set up, much appreciated.

Pics should be here..... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.626253814468970&type=3