Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

Guest Mick Kennedy
6 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

I took it that he was referring to the rest of the Darvel Squad that you have 

which if this is what he meant  (and I am sure it was) is pretty poor IMO 

I think he meant the rest of the boys will come from amateur, I dint think he’s being disrespectful as I know highly he rates some of the Colville plates, how desperate he is to get them on board.

1 hour ago, Mick Kennedy said:

I think he meant the rest of the boys will come from amateur, I dint think he’s being disrespectful as I know highly he rates some of the Colville plates, how desperate he is to get them on board.

Mate they know fine what I was meaning they just try and twist things as much as they can 

1 hour ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Ah well if that is the case then I owe DL an apology :angel

12 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Yeh mate I think so unless things change with some of those discussions then that should be it. If anything changes then I would look at other levels of football 

How do you think the Colvilles team you have just now without any additional juniors/seniors would do stepping into the juniors ? There's no doubt they are a good teàm with some well decent players. Would you be willing to risk your reputation on these guys being able to progress Darvel ?.  Just a question no ulterior motive involved lol

Guest Mick Kennedy

It’s very difficult to say, they are very talented group of players and have great success at amateur level. I have no doubt they could compete, but what we could achieve is difficult to say. Junior football obv a different level, will bring many different challenges and until your in that environment week in week it’s difficult to say. 

I think we brought together the right mix of quality and character. I have looked at everyone within squad and judged them as men and footballers not what level they have played. I’m confident we have brought together a very talented, hungry group of players that Darvel fans will enjoy watching. We have been planning since I was appointed because I’m obsessed about detail,  now wether that group of players will bring success only time will tell. 

It’s very difficult to say, they are very talented group of players and have great success at amateur level. I have no doubt they could compete, but what we could achieve is difficult to say. Junior football obv a different level, will bring many different challenges and until your in that environment week in week it’s difficult to say. 
I think we brought together the right mix of quality and character. I have looked at everyone within squad and judged them as men and footballers not what level they have played. I’m confident we have brought together a very talented, hungry group of players that Darvel fans will enjoy watching. We have been planning since I was appointed because I’m obsessed about detail,  now wether that group of players will bring success only time will tell. 

Mick, do you expect to be in charge of Darvel longer than the last few managers? Each one of them was the greatest and expected to be in the position for years.

Guest Mick Kennedy
5 minutes ago, iPhone said:

Mick, do you expect to be in charge of Darvel longer than the last few managers? Each one of them was the greatest and expected to be in the position for years.

Yeh mate I expect to be there for the next few years, but time will tell it will be down to results I suppose. I think everyone agrees that we stability and continuity, I have a particular way of doing things, and I must admit I have been totally backed in changing loads of structure within the football side of things, I’m hoping that means they have a degree of confidence in me.  

Yeh mate I expect to be there for the next few years, but time will tell it will be down to results I suppose. I think everyone agrees that we stability and continuity, I have a particular way of doing things, and I must admit I have been totally backed in changing loads of structure within the football side of things, I’m hoping that means they have a degree of confidence in me.  

I actually do think you will do well next season looking at the players you are bringing in and with your record with your previous club. It’s always good for a manager to get backing from the club. Is Darvel the team you always wanted to manage?

Guest Mick Kennedy
11 minutes ago, iPhone said:

I actually do think you will do well next season looking at the players you are bringing in and with your record with your previous club. It’s always good for a manager to get backing from the club. Is Darvel the team you always wanted to manage?

Haha I honestly didn’t see myself leaving Colville, I have a few offers before to move on it didn’t feel right. I spoke to John, Jim and the committee a couple of times before deciding to take it. As I said mate I wanted to change things about the club and I wanted to make sure I could create the right environment for the players and myself to work within. I think anyone that knows me will tell you am a wee bit demanding about ensuring everything is done professionally, right down to the smallest detail. 

And to be fair the have been true to their word I have been totally backed, they will will tell you it wasn’t bout money, I didn’t want paid it was about putting the right foundations in place and the correct infrastructure that allows me to build the right environment and culture for the players, I only ever want the best for players.

What I have seen and I’ve no doubt you and many others up and down the country are the same, is guys who a fully committed to their club, who love and are passionate about their club and community it’s been really humbling to witness that, as I said mate I’ve no doubt you share the shame passion for your club.

4 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Haha I honestly didn’t see myself leaving Colville, I have a few offers before to move on it didn’t feel right. I spoke to John, Jim and the committee a couple of times before deciding to take it. As I said mate I wanted to change things about the club and I wanted to make sure I could create the right environment for the players and myself to work within. I think anyone that knows me will tell you am a wee bit demanding about ensuring everything is done professionally, right down to the smallest detail. 

And to be fair the have been true to their word I have been totally backed, they will will tell you it wasn’t bout money, I didn’t want paid it was about putting the right foundations in place and the correct infrastructure that allows me to build the right environment and culture for the players, I only ever want the best for players.

What I have seen and I’ve no doubt you and many others up and down the country are the same, is guys who a fully committed to their club, who love and are passionate about their club and community it’s been really humbling to witness that, as I said mate I’ve no doubt you share the shame passion for your club.

I’m sure Coalville will be glad to see the back of u ok 4 premiere titles but you only won 3 out of 4 Scottish cups just not good enough for a club of that standing plus wee joes blood pressure is dropping already . DL get the paracetamol at the ready if it’s not all perfect

23 minutes ago, Amofan1 said:

I’m sure Coalville will be glad to see the back of u ok 4 premiere titles but you only won 3 out of 4 Scottish cups just not good enough for a club of that standing plus wee joes blood pressure is dropping already . DL get the paracetamol at the ready if it’s not all perfect

Ha ha ha mate its out already new dressing room bigger than my house ffs 

5 hours ago, iPhone said:

Your just a p***k 

8 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Aye would be an interesting project. Many juvenile managers have stepped up to juniors bringing their players and philosophy. Unusual for amateur who are sometimes disrespectfully regarded as undisciplined , uncoachabable public park long ball merchants with no resalable value. Things are changing though the quality of player at top level of ammie is excellent , Ladeside could make up a team of ex players currently playing there...and damn good players as well  Clubs like Kilwinning have found a few gems recently from ammies and more junior clubs are willing to sign them up though many prefer to stay at the level for various.reasons.  Going by your recruitment so far it seems you are working to a plan rather than signing 'big names' for the sake of it. Think there will be a lot of interest in Darvel's fortunes this season lol

2 hours ago, iPhone said:

I could be like you and have an empty Heid!! 

I have posted very little on here to suggest I have an empty head , you on the other hand have proved your a p***k many times . Your a sad little man . 

Mick .... take it up with Talbot supporters, not me as they are the ones that are quoting it
i am only responding to someone who thinks I am obsessed with Darvels finances which by the way is nothing to do with me 
welcome to Juniors & by the way you only have one person to thank for all the attention your new team is  getting from others on here
perhaps you should try and ban/restrain him from posting Pish on here 
all the best for 2019/20 season 
ps ... I will also give you a green dot on your last post

What Talbot fans have spoke about Darvel. Kilwinning, medda, Pollock, Hurlford have spent the cash trying to knock Talbot from the top. Darvel will just be another name to that list [emoji6]