Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

5 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

Seriously folks, we have a committee at Darvel who for the vast majority are all Darvel boys, we would be mad to be paying the money that is being touted about. Our main aim is to get the club to the premiership and we believe that with increased revenue what with sponsors, lottery, advertising boards, bigger crowds from both locals and away support we would be self sufficient. There are a good few on the committee that run successful businesses and our aim is to run the club as you would with your own business and to be paying the money getting spoke about us just not good business sense.

Seriously colin we all know we are paying far too much on wages this season 

25 minutes ago, gamechanger said:

Seriously colin we all know we are paying far too much on wages this season 

I believe the budget would be slightly higher than the season just finished but not anywhere near what is being rumoured. Feel free to contact me direct if you know me and we can have a chat.

2 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

I believe the budget would be slightly higher than the season just finished but not anywhere near what is being rumoured. Feel free to contact me direct if you know me and we can have a chat.

Dont need to contact u colin I know the facts 

5 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

What one are you again? :(

4AB3B964-0BC5-4D83-A1D8-67CD0A0E6C92.jpeg

Edited by Billy XBoswell

1 minute ago, gamechanger said:

The one who has turned up in the last year or so no where to be seen when we were struggling 

Here we go again. If you know me you will know I was following the juniors probably long before you were whoever you are.

I'll put my tuppence in here. It's highly likely that Darvel are paying anything around the £75-£95 pw max to players imo. It's the signing on fees that are the deal makers and I'm around 95% certain recent Darvel signing Ross 'Archie' MacPherson didn't sign for nothing. My guess? Around a grand minimum. I may be wrong here but I doubt it

1 hour ago, Ceejayar said:

Here we go again. If you know me you will know I was following the juniors probably long before you were whoever you are.

Dont think so colin you couldn't be bothered with darvel you were playing bowls on a Saturday so please dont come on hear and tell everyone how dedicated you were to the team I have watched more games over the last 40 years than you have every season whoever you are 

28 minutes ago, gamechanger said:

Dont think so colin you couldn't be bothered with darvel you were playing bowls on a Saturday so please dont come on hear and tell everyone how dedicated you were to the team I have watched more games over the last 40 years than you have every season whoever you are 

I don’t hide the fact I supported the club as a boy and into my teens and early 20’s. Then went to ibrox and yes then played bowls. You will know I have 2 boys who I take to the games with me now. Circumstances change and tbf it’s credit to the adl winning team who got mine and a few others interested again. I and a few others are now involved again and are helping out where we can. Can you explain to me why this is such a bad thing. I don’t try and say I have been dedicated over the past 40 years, indeed there are probably only about half a dozen supporters still going to the games that were there when I probably went with my dad approximately 40 years ago. And one of them would be Ilene Wyllie 

Edited by Ceejayar
Spelling

41 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

We have signed 7 or 8 top players 

the rest are amateurs albeit very good ones 

it’s no hard to work out we are no spending the silly figures quoted on here 

I don’t know why you bother answering these clowns about budgets etc . f**k all to do with them .