Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

Guest Mick Kennedy
8 hours ago, iPhone said:

Don’t talk shite, he’s an amateur manager. He’s attracting no c**t of any standing!!

The club are attracting players because they pay stupid money, FACT...

if we had financial fair play in junior football yous would be fucked.

Your sugar daddy banks rolls yous.

I wonder if mick will comment on this that he’s attracting these players?

I don’t want to get dragged into a slagging match, I will comment since you asked.

I was given a budget at the start of the season and I have worked with that budget, and it’s not the figures that have mentioned.

Each player we have brought to the club I have a personal relationship with and worked hard to convince them to come to Darvel, that decision wasn’t solely down money there are other circumstances at times when players make football decisions. That relationship allowed us to get them to sit down and discuss coming Darvel, the current and future project of the club. 

Other players will also be attracted to club because of the relationship they have with the rest of the management team, it gives you the platform to have the conversation then it’s down to us to sell it.

What I will also say is they had better financial offer elsewhere but there many other factors, travelling, family , work and enjoyment that players take into consideration.  They aren’t getting paid anywhere near what people think by the sounds of it, and could earn more elsewhere.

But at the end of the day we have attracted them to the club, they will all be be great additions to Darvel and junior football.

Fair play to Darvel for wanting to make there mark  in the Juniors with some good signings over the summer.....nothing wrong with spending money if you have it .not be the first ,won't be the last 

The proof will be in the park next season .There are some teams that will not have had a quarter of the budget that Darvel had this season and are still above them .Rossvale being one I would think .

Look forward to seeing Darvel next year 

Guest Moomintroll
Yea we are pleased to announce that Darryl meggat ex Queen’s Park Alloa dundee Ayr United and East Fife where he won every player of the year award 
and Ross Perry ex rangers oxford Falkirk Brechin Clyde and Dumbarton have agreed to join the club for 2019/2020 season 
we believe the 2 of them to add to Wullie Robertson , Eddie ferns and Keir Knapp just show the ambition and the standard of player that Mick and his backroom team have attracted to Darvel 
We believe they are unbelievable signings and look forward to seeing them doon the brae 

Both players are of the highest pedigree, and are in the best years of their careers. It’s an understatement to say they are massive coups for the club.
We have worked really hard to bring both players to the club, and are excited to see what qualities they bring to the club. 

Welcome to the club guys 

Good signings DL, fair play.

2 hours ago, iPhone said:

Haha, your full of shit, f**k all to do with Mick. Like Jessie J said, “Its all about the money, money, money!”

Did not need to lower the tone fella, we were amazed when we discovered that Mick knew as many people in the junior and senior football. Speak to people at the bigger Junior clubs and you will know that players want to play for Mick. Of course they are not playing for nothing but they all have been offered more money to play elsewhere.

I think it's a great move for mick going into junior  management. With darvel  who are willing to spend a few Bob....for me junior  football  has went backwards  and standard  has went downhill. Talbot  is miles ahead of everyone. Also when u look at the scores in all leagues  theres teams been thrashed 7,8 9 10s 12s 14  15 18-0...that tells  it's own story. Look at the Scottish  cup last 16 this year  ..it looked really  poor. Clubs are finding  it tough to get top quality  players  in.so are going with lots of young players n probably  more amateur  ones..in my eyes theres lots of players  playing  junior .who wouldn't  have got a squad strip 4/5 years ago..  unfortunately  for clubs players  attitudes  have totally  changed. As they go holiday s right through  season  now.n take there girlfriend s n granny s out for dinners on training  nights...so it's a great  time for mick to come in...I personally  dont think he can bring all colville  boys with him..or they will stay in that league. But if his signing s so far adapt to the juniors they will do really  well....good luck mick n darvel..........cheers cotter....

59 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
12 hours ago, Darvel legend said:
Yea we are pleased to announce that Darryl meggat ex Queen’s Park Alloa dundee Ayr United and East Fife where he won every player of the year award 
and Ross Perry ex rangers oxford Falkirk Brechin Clyde and Dumbarton have agreed to join the club for 2019/2020 season 
we believe the 2 of them to add to Wullie Robertson , Eddie ferns and Keir Knapp just show the ambition and the standard of player that Mick and his backroom team have attracted to Darvel 
We believe they are unbelievable signings and look forward to seeing them doon the brae 

Both players are of the highest pedigree, and are in the best years of their careers. It’s an understatement to say they are massive coups for the club.
We have worked really hard to bring both players to the club, and are excited to see what qualities they bring to the club. 

Welcome to the club guys 

Good signings DL, fair play.

Mate I will say it again and people can mock us all they want we want to challenge for everything next season no just the championship and yip we will have our downs along the way which will bring great hilarity to this forum but with what Mick has brought in so far and what’s still to be announced I and everyone associated with darvel are very excited about the forthcoming season 

Managers at all club's have contacts in the game some better than others depending what level they played at as a player the higher the league the better the quality. Some managers have that eye for a player that no one ever thought they would ever be a player example Tommy Sloan he seems to pull them out of a hat? As mick says some of these new players have had better offers else where but signed for darvel most managers will make this statement whether its junior football or senior fans will never know what the true story is but that's football and that's what the forums are all about. As a previous post says it you've got the money to spend then you spend it and to their credit they are also spending it on their park so I will look on with interest and see how it all pans out. 

Mate I will say it again and people can mock us all they want we want to challenge for everything next season no just the championship and yip we will have our downs along the way which will bring great hilarity to this forum but with what Mick has brought in so far and what’s still to be announced I and everyone associated with darvel are very excited about the forthcoming season 
You will only need a
Five aside team if the quality fits the width. As for players signed never heard of meginn or the other one, proof will be in the pudding. Will see how the season pans out but by your predictions the rest are looking for 2nd place. Will see this time next year .

6 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:

You will only need a
Five aside team if the quality fits the width. As for players signed never heard of meginn or the other one, proof will be in the pudding. Will see how the season pans out but by your predictions the rest are looking for 2nd place. Will see this time next year .

I’ve no predicted that mate but we are all excited about next season , as u say time will tell 

7 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Can't see this ending well for Darvel.

As for players taking a pay cut, my experience is players will sign elsewhere for an extra fiver even if it costs them an extra tenner in petrol to get there

Why’s that ? 

24 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Because you will improve your team in the short term but will be left in the shit when it all goes tits up. See Ballingry, Irvine Meadow et al

Won’t go tits up we are very comfortable off the park so what u concerned about ?