Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

1 minute ago, catakoom said:
42 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:
Yea we are pleased to announce that Darryl meggat ex Queen’s Park Alloa dundee Ayr United and East Fife where he won every player of the year award 
and Ross Perry ex rangers oxford Falkirk Brechin Clyde and Dumbarton have agreed to join the club for 2019/2020 season 
we believe the 2 of them to add to Wullie Robertson , Eddie ferns and Keir Knapp just show the ambition and the standard of player that Mick and his backroom team have attracted to Darvel 
We believe they are unbelievable signings and look forward to seeing them doon the brae 

Both players are of the highest pedigree, and are in the best years of their careers. It’s an understatement to say they are massive coups for the club.
We have worked really hard to bring both players to the club, and are excited to see what qualities they bring to the club. 

Welcome to the club guys 

Micks not attracting them to you're club.......as it's the cash thats attacting them ....so let's be honest ffs

Is it ? ? 

We are maybe ambitious and want to win things maybe ? 

4 minutes ago, catakoom said:
45 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:
Yea we are pleased to announce that Darryl meggat ex Queen’s Park Alloa dundee Ayr United and East Fife where he won every player of the year award 
and Ross Perry ex rangers oxford Falkirk Brechin Clyde and Dumbarton have agreed to join the club for 2019/2020 season 
we believe the 2 of them to add to Wullie Robertson , Eddie ferns and Keir Knapp just show the ambition and the standard of player that Mick and his backroom team have attracted to Darvel 
We believe they are unbelievable signings and look forward to seeing them doon the brae 

Both players are of the highest pedigree, and are in the best years of their careers. It’s an understatement to say they are massive coups for the club.
We have worked really hard to bring both players to the club, and are excited to see what qualities they bring to the club. 

Welcome to the club guys 

Micks not attracting them to you're club.......as it's the cash thats attacting them ....so let's be honest ffs

There is no way if Mick wasn’t at Darvel we would have the contacts to talk to these players let alone sign them.

9 minutes ago, catakoom said:
49 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Welcome to the club guys 

Well both of them were offered stacks more to stay senior so explain urself ?

26 minutes ago, catakoom said:
1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Welcome to the club guys 

I would suggest he is 

6 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Hi Guys, just thought I would give you an update re Killies other Senior Team result today as I know you are all interested on here ....

Semi Final SSFL League Cup

Thistle 0v4 Bonnyton Thistle 

I am sure you will all join me in wishing Bonnyton Thistle all the best  in their remaining 3 x Cup Finals still to be played :thumsup2

That’s great news Billy. I wish them all the best in the finals and will look out for their scores.

25 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I would suggest he is 

Don’t talk shite, he’s an amateur manager. He’s attracting no c**t of any standing!!

The club are attracting players because they pay stupid money, FACT...

if we had financial fair play in junior football yous would be fucked.

Your sugar daddy banks rolls yous.

I wonder if mick will comment on this that he’s attracting these players?

21 minutes ago, iPhone said:

Don’t talk shite, he’s an amateur manager. He’s attracting no c**t of any standing!!

Ur a clown 

6 hours ago, iPhone said:

I have already said that if Mick wasn’t the manager there is no way we could attract these players FACT.

Obviously not as he must be bankrolling it ano. I don't think anyone has an issue with paying big money,it's the bullshit lies of players signing because Mick Kennedy is ambitious and some sort of Messiah manager in junior football. They are going for money and that's it,no point in sugarcoating it. Captain of east Fife,wins poty and supporters player leaves senior football because mick Kennedy is ambitious and he is desperate to win the championship in the juniors? FFS haha

47 minutes ago, PatnaDunty said:

Your a horrible lot. DL is worth the watchin. The way Greg Vernon was forced oot the club. Shocking. Helped us oot. No the point.

The same player who fucked off to the medda, from what I hear he didn't have yo go to u lot, he could've said no & stayed at Darvel...

9 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Welcome to the club guys 

Meggatt's an outstanding signing, and is a player who I'd have loved to see at the Rock. I'll leave the fans of his former club to speak about him though, and I'll focus on Ross Perry.

When he was linked with us it's the most against a signing I think I've ever been . I remembered his disastrous spell at Raith Rovers and having failed to pull up trees in poor Clyde and Albion Rovers sides it looked an absolute 'jobs for the boys' signing from Ian Durrant. Early on I wasn't impressed either, he looked clumsy and erratic - and I didn't have a clue why on earth we'd decided to bring him in.

It didn't actually take him that long to settle down a bit and show what he's about. In our Challenge Cup win against Morton I thought he was really decent - winning everything in the air, and absolutely hurling himself into every challenge. He was in and out the team a bit with injury, until Jim Duffy came in, in October and then he played in five in a row. That was a pretty dark period where we had an awful lot of players featuring who clearly did not want to be there, but you couldn't ever say that about Perry. He might not have been the most technically gifted centre-half in the world, but he was strong, brave, always organising and, when he took no chances and just cleared the ball when he had it, a perfectly solid League One player.

He then ended up injured between the end of November and middle of February. Before coming back into the side for a 3-0 victory at Stair Park against Stranraer were he was absolutely excellent; marshalling the defence up against Innes Cameron with ease, looking comfortable with the ball at his feet, and acting like a real leader back there. He even capped it off with a goal. The following week he picked up another injury against East Fife and hobbled off. And that was his season done.

Good luck to him. If he hadn't spent such a sizeable amount of time out injured I wouldn't have been averse to us keeping him as backup and, if you can keep him fit, I'd imagine he'll do very, very well in the Juniors. He's certainly not the type who'll shirk the physicality - even in spite of his injury record.

1 hour ago, Ceejayar said:

I have already said that if Mick wasn’t the manager there is no way we could attract these players FACT.

Haha, your full of shit, f**k all to do with Mick. Like Jessie J said, “Its all about the money, money, money!”

Every one we have signed so far has been offered more money elsewhere or taken a pay cut 
fact 
Because they want to play for darvel and play under a very "successful" amateur manager? Don't know who you are trying to convince but very rarely does anyone in life take a pay cut but yet youse have managed to find 4 players so far who are willing to do that. As I said I don't have a problem with it but the full charade of wanting to play for Mick and darvel is bullshit