Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

Guest Moomintroll
That was simply a wee joke I know how highly he rates Eddie he never stopped telling me .
I don't understand why people get so uptight this forum should be for junior folk to have a chat ,a laugh and a discussion and nothing I read from him is nasty or snide .
Fair enough if that was a little in joke gotw, but Jim has alienated a lot of people with the things he says, especially this season. Although I live down south now, I keep very close tabs on Ayrshire football & think that they are all doing a great job at Darvel revitalising what was for many years a struggling club.

Guest Moomintroll
Safe to say me and Chris get on well and in no way shape or form will he take it as a snidey remark , it’s what’s called banter 
I know, already replied to him saying as much.

38 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

On that note your wee pal DL should also show the same to others on here with his derogatory remarks he has made towards other players, past managers, chairman of other clubs, other players, teams who have beaten Darvel but were Pish, slate anyone who disagrees with him or his Banjo Strumming Gang, etc etc

Try passing your cringe words of wisdom on to him & maybe you wouldn’t get this type of reaction to this Thread on here

There appears to be a lot of spin on here about people being jealous of this team, it is not the case majority IMO come on here , not because of what’s happening on the park, new manager with alleged big budget, but because if the stupid remarks from your wee pal that you keep defending

No challenge to this I see. The truth hurts. 

No challenge to this I see. The truth hurts. 
Why did you not challenge that behaviour then earlier this season but instead wait till you were no longer wanted or needed before coming on here to have a dig at Jim

Your comments are no better than what you accuse others of ie putting us back in our box , we came out our box long ago and have no intention of ever going back in and like Darvel are a small club whom the big clubs don't like upsetting the apple cart .

45 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

As I have said before I have met the guy and spoke with and nothing could be further from the truth than the shite aimed at him on here.
I met a guy who is as passionate about his club as I am about mine and a guy who is willing to pass on information and ideas of how others may improve there lot. DL and the other lads on here could not have been more welcoming last week so should I slate him cos it's popular on here ?
I think not I judge folk as I find them

I agree with your comments & you are entitled to your opinion  however like you I too have met & discussed fitba etc with several committee men in Juniors & non over the years, but I have still to meet one that represents his team on here that is so blatantly obnoxious

like you i also take folk as I find them & all I have to go on his what DL posts on here 

this is why you have folk looking on here, not because of good results (so far) on the pitch

8 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Why did you not challenge that behaviour then earlier this season but instead wait till you were no longer wanted or needed before coming on here to have a dig at Jim

Your comments are no better than what you accuse others of ie putting us back in our box , we came out our box long ago and have no intention of ever going back in and like Darvel are a small club whom the big clubs don't like upsetting the apple cart .

9 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Why don’t you go back to your own thread and read what you had to say about Darvel and your new BFF before coming on here. You have more faces than Medusa. 

I know what I have written and we have had our disagreements over the season and will have many more next season .
In fact I look forward to beating Darvel home and away next season but the difference is it's never personal it's banter/discussion/ arguments between two guys who are passionate about there teams .
Also I don't begrudge Darvel anything they are doing indeed I think it's fantastic for the junior game and they deserve huge credit not snipping from a guy happy to take money out there pocket while slating the guys who pay it .

1 minute ago, griffiti on the wall said:

I know what I have written and we have had our disagreements over the season and will have many more next season .
In fact I look forward to beating Darvel home and away next season but the difference is it's never personal it's banter/discussion/ arguments between two guys who are passionate about there teams .
Also I don't begrudge Darvel anything they are doing indeed I think it's fantastic for the junior game and they deserve huge credit not snipping from a guy happy to take money out there pocket while slating the guys who pay it .

Earned our cash last week. 

Earned our cash last week. 
Like I said your wage is not simply based on performance it's also based on how you conduct yourself on and off the park .
I think your also getting carried away a bit about last week as the game turned on pivotal moments we got a good goal disallowed after 30 odd seconds and missed a pen on the stroke of half time.
The bottom line is you have failed the club this season as you are not getting promotion or even in the race so I would say you also earn your money over the course of a season not on one game hence why your not longer required and better players will replace you.

Tbh it's eating you up fella and that ain't good for your mental well-being so take a step back .

3 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Like I said your wage is not simply based on performance it's also based on how you conduct yourself on and off the park .
I think your also getting carried away a bit about last week as the game turned on pivotal moments we got a good goal disallowed after 30 odd seconds and missed a pen on the stroke of half time.
The bottom line is you have failed the club this season as you are not getting promotion or even in the race so I would say you also earn your money over the course of a season not on one game hence why your not longer required and better players will replace you.

Tbh it's eating you up fella and that ain't good for your mental well-being so take a step back .

It’s you with the mental health issues. It appears you have bipolar issues as evidenced in here. 

A lot of comments on here regarding what Darvel will do/not do next season when this season is not over yet, my opinion, for what it's worth is their structure and set up they have in place for next season, looks, on paper to make Darvel one of the favourites for next season, but as we know, football not played on paper, that's what makes it the great game it is, DL is passionate about his club, that's good most people are passionate about their own clubs, GOTW and Glensmad etc about their own clubs, it's debate and banter and  about opinions, long may it continue and if people are ofended, then they must be sensitive souls, it's entertaining reading the DL comments and responses, keep it coming for rest of season, next season and beyond, so Darvel are getting excited about next season, and it looks good on paper but it's played on grass lol, good people at these championship clubs and I wish them well for next season in what I think will be the  toughest league next season to get out of, hopefully we won't be in it, looking forward for rest of season and the various opinions from DL, GOTW , Glensmad and all, might not agree on most things but it's debate, banter and good for all things junior football, keep it up, good luck to all moving forward 

7 management staff and 5 subs . Better get an extension to that home dug-out . Good luck Darvel . Sounds like they’re in the process of creating a real professional outfit .
Only four management staff are allowed in the technical area.

1 hour ago, Hawlino said:

7 management staff and 5 subs . Better get an extension to that home dug-out . Good luck Darvel . Sounds like they’re in the process of creating a real professional outfit .

New home dug-out is part of the ground improvements.

3 minutes ago, PatnaDunty said:

This new manager must think folk care what he’s got to say. Big hit for himself. And Legend your a joke. Actually calling yourself the ‘ Darvel Legend’ and the sad thing is you think you are.

I would suggest that folk do care what Mick has to say going by the response and number of questions to him. And anybody who knows DL as a person and not just on this chat knows that he is a wind up merchant.

There is a difference between winding people up / banter and down right being disrespectful to other junior clubs as DL has been this season ,there is absolutely nothing wrong with being ambitious and wanting the best for your club ,and anytime we've been down to darvel we've been treated well ,but DL's comments turn alot of people off Darvel ,the proof is on here ,and would he not have been better letting Mick get on about his buusness queitly instead of shouting his mouth off bout next season already ? And gotw was it not your club that he said he'd rather have the toothache than visit jmp again ?

Bringing public park guys into juniors en masse is nothing new Ardeer and Saltcoats do it regularly lol. Hurlford used Hyster when they returned to the fold after taking a season out the game. Colvilles have top ammies many ex juniors , many of them preferred ammie due to time demands of the juniors or because they liked playing with their mates or even playing Sunday pub fitba. Winning cups with best players in ammies is one thing giving Tommy Sloan sleepless nights in juniors is another lol  quite sure Kennedy realises that ,  will be a good test of his ability. Does Kennedy know much about the juniors ?  

6 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Bringing public park guys into juniors en masse is nothing new Ardeer and Saltcoats do it regularly lol. Hurlford used Hyster when they returned to the fold after taking a season out the game. Colvilles have top ammies many ex juniors , many of them preferred ammie due to time demands of the juniors or because they liked playing with their mates or even playing Sunday pub fitba. Winning cups with best players in ammies is one thing giving Tommy Sloan sleepless nights in juniors is another lol  quite sure Kennedy realises that ,  will be a good test of his ability. Does Kennedy know much about the juniors ?  

Yes lots off guys got good jobs to.Some good ex professional's in the juniors.Who can be away for weeks with there jobs And come back and play without any fuss.Who are happy playing with there mates

Ammy players have more freedom than juniors who train with more intensity with risk to injuries cos money's at stake.Just the way it is nobody wants not to play or they lose cash they might need each week Or it's just a pride thing