Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

Guest Mick Kennedy
10 hours ago, iPhone said:

I seen the length of that statement and thought, f**k that am not reading all that.

Got to laugh tho, you don’t see any other managers doing the shite he does on here. Maybe that’s where Tucker and the likes are going wrong. They should come on here and answer every c***s questions. NOT!

Mick, I can’t believe you had to check with the club about there ambitions, where have you been the last couple of years? The ambition is obviously there,DL tells everybody every month or so, sometimes weekly. You pay those wages if your not ambitious. 

The problem has been they have not been getting it quite right on the park, and god help us all if they do. I can’t believe you weren’t aware of this.

Why would Tucker need to he’s outstanding manager, he’s had success managers could only dream of at this level. 

Im new to Junior football, I felt that because of some of the negative rumours going around it was important for me to put some truth out there. Majority of people in junior football don’t know me, so it’s important to me they know the truth in how I have and will deal with things. 

But wether managers come on here or not is irrelevant it doesn’t make one bit of difference to what happens at the end of the season, success is won in training and on a Saturday not on social media. 

As I have already said when the season starts I won’t be back on, but I felt it was important to put my point across because of some of the rumours.

Edited by Mick Kennedy

Jealousy and envy are terrible burdens to load yourself down with .I really cannot fathom why folk are hell bent on decrying everything the Legend says and does .He did me the courtesy of sitting and talking  about football on our last visit there .I found him to be positive , enthusiastic and willing to wax lyrical on his hopes for Darvel..never once  miscalling or rubbishing any others . Perhaps he does lead with his chin at times but so what- does not make him a bad guy    and as for getting Eddy Ferns having watched him a few times this season good luck .I would give away my arse and shite through my ribs to get a player of his quality .It might well go tits up and folk will sit and snigger but surely it's better love and lose .....etc..Good luck to Darvel and every other junior club for the remainder of this season and next ( obviously with the exception  of Arthurlie and Rossvale  and any one else playing United until the season ends )

1 minute ago, Village elder said:

Jealousy and envy are terrible burdens to load yourself down with .I really cannot fathom why folk are hell bent on decrying everything the Legend says and does .He did me the courtesy of sitting and talking  about football on our last visit there .I found him to be positive , enthusiastic and willing to wax lyrical on his hopes for Darvel..never once  miscalling or rubbishing any others . Perhaps he does lead with his chin at times but so what- does not make him a bad guy    and as for getting Eddy Ferns having watched him a few times this season good luck .I would give away my arse and shite through my ribs to get a player of his quality .It might well go tits up and folk will sit and snigger but surely it's better love and lose .....etc..Good luck to Darvel and every other junior club for the remainder of this season and next ( obviously with the exception  of Arthurlie and Rossvale  and any one else playing United until the season ends )

Thanks ve and I honestly hope you guys get promoted , proper junior team and great guys at Cumbernauld and going up this season will be a wee bit easier than next season ha 

2 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

I’m brining my assistant, Physio, Sport Science Coach. Then Stuart, Kevin and biscuits will be added to the management team. They three obv have the experience and success at junior. 

Im very respectful of junior football and the challenge that is ahead, so wanted to make sure I was surrounded by the right people.  

Mick the problem at Darvel has never been ambition more like impatience thy want it and they want it now, when they won the Adl they were looking for instant promotion and when that didn’t look like it was happening the impatience went in to overdrive and resulted in an epic fail,You seem like a good guy and I hope you do well but if you don’t trust me the knives will be out,

good luck 

1 hour ago, Village elder said:

Imo Cumbernauld are the best team we have played this season in the league, great place to go with a great set up for supporters adults and kids. Always been made welcome.

Guest Mick Kennedy
3 minutes ago, Ubidizzy said:

Mick the problem at Darvel has never been ambition more like impatience thy want it and they want it now, when they won the Adl they were looking for instant promotion and when that didn’t look like it was happening the impatience went in to overdrive and resulted in an epic fail,You seem like a good guy and I hope you do well but if you don’t trust me the knives will be out,

good luck 

Cheers mate 

Imo Cumbernauld are the best team we have played this season in the league, great place to go with a great set up for supporters adults and kids. Always been made welcome.

I said that on a thread earlier this season and got slaughtered for but I stand by it Cumbernauld are a smashing side who imo play football the right way and hopefully they go up tho it will be a shame it's would be at the expense of Rossvale who also like to get the ball down and play .

1 minute ago, griffiti on the wall said:

I said that on a thread earlier this season and got slaughtered for but I stand by it Cumbernauld are a smashing side who imo play football the right way and hopefully they go up tho it will be a shame it's would be at the expense of Rossvale who also like to get the ball down and play .

Would prefer Cumbernauld to not get promoted purely for selfish reasons as it’s a better place to go and watch football.

Ha ha. You have come up with a great collective noun for all the arse lickers on the thread. Btw that includes you. 

All your doing is making yourself look stupid with your bitching simply cos your not good enough to be part of the new set up at Darvel .

That's nobody's fault on here that's up to you to train harder and be a better player so you force the hand of others to stay at the club or simply walk away quitely and try at least to keep a molecule of dignity cos if I was a manager at any junior club I would not go near you as a player as you have shown yourself to be a bad apple .

Would prefer Cumbernauld to not get promoted purely for selfish reasons as it’s a better place to go and watch football.
I'm the other way ceejayar I hope Rossvale don't go up as that means we would have 2 derby matches next season them and the peasy plus I don't need to book buses for those games and it saves the supporters club a few quid lol

5 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
12 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

I'm the other way ceejayar I hope Rossvale don't go up as that means we would have 2 derby matches next season them and the peasy plus I don't need to book buses for those games and it saves the supporters club a few quid lol

Chris we will need to look at this boy ferns , squad player for the candy now I see ha ha 

12 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

All your doing is making yourself look stupid with your bitching simply cos your not good enough to be part of the new set up at Darvel .

That's nobody's fault on here that's up to you to train harder and be a better player so you force the hand of others to stay at the club or simply walk away quitely and try at least to keep a molecule of dignity cos if I was a manager at any junior club I would not go near you as a player as you have shown yourself to be a bad apple .

No problems putting your team in their box last week. You really are so dumb. 

Chris we will need to look at this boy ferns , squad player for the candy now I see ha ha 
We have a good squad DL so we can't guarantee him first team football but joking aside gaffer picked a team yesterday to win the game and he got it spot on tho ferns did play well when he came on .
We will be sad to see him go bit it's an opportunity for someone else to come in and be a candy favourite

No problems putting your team in their box last week. You really are so dumb. 
Really very close game last week and fair enough you took the points but that's not the issue .
You are happy to take a wage from Darvel and with that comes responsibility and respect for the club and the fans .
Your behaviour on here is not befitting of not just a Darvel player but any junior player .

Guest Moomintroll
DL, this is the kind of snidey comment that attracts a lot of the ire that you, & by extension, the club receive on here. Show a bit of class & think before you post, fwiw I believe that with the new Management team coming in & with the calibre of player they are bringing to the club that Darvel will be absolute certainties for promotion next year. As i have stated previously I will be delighted for the club & everyone connected with it as you have had to put up with plenty of terrible seasons over the last 30 odd years, but try to mirror Micks example & show some humility & class, it will help stop the ill feeling towards the club & get you some respect for the good job you are doing.

1 minute ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Really very close game last week and fair enough you took the points but that's not the issue .
You are happy to take a wage from Darvel and with that comes responsibility and respect for the club and the fans .
Your behaviour on here is not befitting of not just a Darvel player but any junior player .

On that note your wee pal DL should also show the same to others on here with his derogatory remarks he has made towards other players, past managers, chairman of other clubs, other players, teams who have beaten Darvel but were Pish, slate anyone who disagrees with him or his Banjo Strumming Gang, etc etc

Try passing your cringe words of wisdom on to him & maybe you wouldn’t get this type of reaction to this Thread on here

There appears to be a lot of spin on here about people being jealous of this team, it is not the case majority IMO come on here , not because of what’s happening on the park, new manager with alleged big budget, but because if the stupid remarks from your wee pal that you keep defending

DL, this is the kind of snidey comment that attracts a lot of the ire that you, & by extension, the club receive on here. Show a bit of class & think before you post, fwiw I believe that with the new Management team coming in & with the calibre of player they are bringing to the club that Darvel will be absolute certainties for promotion next year. As i have stated previously I will be delighted for the club & everyone connected with it as you have had to put up with plenty of terrible seasons over the last 30 odd years, but try to mirror Micks example & show some humility & class, it will help stop the ill feeling towards the club & get you some respect for the good job you are doing.
That was simply a wee joke I know how highly he rates Eddie he never stopped telling me .
I don't understand why people get so uptight this forum should be for junior folk to have a chat ,a laugh and a discussion and nothing I read from him is nasty or snide .

8 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
26 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Safe to say me and Chris get on well and in no way shape or form will he take it as a snidey remark , it’s what’s called banter 

On that note your wee pal DL should also show the same to others on here with his derogatory remarks he has made towards other players, past managers, chairman of other clubs, other players, teams who have beaten Darvel but were Pish, slate anyone who disagrees with him or his Banjo Strumming Gang, etc etc
Try passing your cringe words of wisdom on to him & maybe you wouldn’t get this type of reaction to this Thread on here
There appears to be a lot of spin on here about people being jealous of this team, it is not the case majority IMO come on here , not because of what’s happening on the park, new manager with alleged big budget, but because if the stupid remarks from your wee pal that you keep defending
As I have said before I have met the guy and spoke with and nothing could be further from the truth than the shite aimed at him on here.
I met a guy who is as passionate about his club as I am about mine and a guy who is willing to pass on information and ideas of how others may improve there lot. DL and the other lads on here could not have been more welcoming last week so should I slate him cos it's popular on here ?
I think not I judge folk as I find them