Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

Cheers m8 and that was us with numbers down as a bus also ran to Ayr for the national .
We had a lad over from Australia today at the game and he won the raffle bit was too pissed to do the crossbar challenge so send in a ringer and he was worse 🤣 bit still got a bottle of whisky nice touch that and it's wee things like that which make the junior game special
Worse performance of the season from Eddie today he was invisible all afternoon hahaha [emoji106]
I spoke to the guy who won the raffle & it's a good job I told him he'd won a bottle cause he thought it was just a shot at the crossbar, ur subs were hoping it was a bottle of buckie but that could be sorted for next season [emoji16], credit to the candy fans today as we've heard various stories about behaviour, good banter & not a bit of bother today! [emoji1360]

I spoke to the guy who won the raffle & it's a good job I told him he'd won a bottle cause he thought it was just a shot at the crossbar, ur subs were hoping it was a bottle of buckie but that could be sorted for next season [emoji16], credit to the candy fans today as we've heard various stories about behaviour, good banter & not a bit of bother today! [emoji1360]
Cheers Dave
A lot of myth and nonsense is written at times about us but
we come buy the raffles food and beer if available and get right behind our team and enjoy having a bit of banter with the locals that's what junior football should be.
We got treated very well yesterday at Darvel and the home support despite being as passionate about there club as we ours they made us welcome and a keenly fought match was played in the right spirit with a good atmosphere .

Well done yesterday it was never in doubt  from early doors. 

Think what could have been achieved this year if Strain Snr hadn’t got the job. It’s been a different team since the lads got a hold of training. Not a better team in the league at the moment. Imho

Might be an interesting watch for the Darvel boys as Colville Park and Hurlford lock horns in the Scottish again (semi final this time). The game takes place tomorrow night at the Hope stadium,Hamilton with a 7.30 ko.:)

Edited by tommyboy

4 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

Might be an interesting watch for the Darvel boys as Colville Park and Hurlford lock horns in the Scottish again (semi final this time). The game takes place tomorrow night at the Hope stadium,Hamilton with a 7.30 ko.:)

What would be really interesting would be a wee friendly between Darvel and CP. 

Make it happen. 

18 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Got to agree with that and an ex player in Stuart Hammond who played with the club in the 70s raving about the set up 

so much so he Joined the lottery after the game so hope u enjoyed ur day mate and welcome back any time ur north of the border 

we seem to be building momentum at the wrong end of the season but gives us something to look forward to next year 

i for one cannot wait 

It’s funny you say this ‘Legend’... building momentum at the wrong end of the season?!?! Most teams would take your hand off for this kind of run at this stage of the season.

It’s no coincidence that this run has came about since the current manager has been in charge and this team has been kept constant where possible. 

I’m aware you’ve had plenty to say about the players being responsible for the fact Mick has had to be appointed... telling them ultimately they were not good enough or you would not have to have sacked the managers. 

Maybe it’s time you took some responsibility... after all it was you and the chairman who appointed the previous manager no?  Maybe you should have had faith in the manager you have in temp charge just now to lead this group of boys to promotion that you crave so badly?

17 minutes ago, Billybigbaws said:

It’s funny you say this ‘Legend’... building momentum at the wrong end of the season?!?! Most teams would take your hand off for this kind of run at this stage of the season.

It’s no coincidence that this run has came about since the current manager has been in charge and this team has been kept constant where possible. 

I’m aware you’ve had plenty to say about the players being responsible for the fact Mick has had to be appointed... telling them ultimately they were not good enough or you would not have to have sacked the managers. 

Maybe it’s time you took some responsibility... after all it was you and the chairman who appointed the previous manager no?  Maybe you should have had faith in the manager you have in temp charge just now to lead this group of boys to promotion that you crave so badly?

Don’t think the success the team has had recently is sitting well with some of the movers and shakers at Darvel. It’s hard for them to argue that the need a change when the temp manager is getting out of the lads what their appointment couldn’t. 

Guest Mick Kennedy
54 minutes ago, Winny Wizen said:

What would be really interesting would be a wee friendly between Darvel and CP. 

Make it happen. 

I don’t see what that will achieve, it’s me that coming to Darvel not Colville. I think people believe I’m going to bring my full squad to Darvel that won’t happen 

22 minutes ago, Billybigbaws said:

Well is that no what happens in football ? Sometimes u get it wrong sometimes u get it right , if this appointment doesn’t work I will be solely responsible as I spent a lot of time trying to get Mick to come to the club so see if I get it wrong come back to me at the end of next season , in fact see if I get it right also come back to me 

5 minutes ago, Winny Wizen said:

Don’t think the success the team has had recently is sitting well with some of the movers and shakers at Darvel. It’s hard for them to argue that the need a change when the temp manager is getting out of the lads what their appointment couldn’t. 

What a load of nonsense Ernie has been praised to the hilt as have the players 

no one will say a bad word about any of them but why did the same group of players no win any games in the first 7 ? And then a run of draws when Chris was in Charge against teams I’ve no doubt we should have being winning against ?

3 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

no one will say a bad word about any of them but why did the same group of players no win any games in the first 7 ? And then a run of draws when Chris was in Charge against teams I’ve no doubt we should have being winning against ?

Maybe the managers you selected the previous twice did not set up the right systems, play the players in the correct positions? 

The manager you had in previously didn’t even know some of the players names! Great appointment

2 minutes ago, Billybigbaws said:

Maybe the managers you selected the previous twice did not set up the right systems, play the players in the correct positions? 

The manager you had in previously didn’t even know some of the players names! Great appointment

Come back to me if I get it wrong with Mick then ? 

21 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

It was comfortable for us but the ref and both linesman were an absolute disgrace to the badge and that’s with us winning 

useless for both sides and that’s the way I saw the game 

57 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Not one word of praise for the team from either you or your acolytes yesterday. 

You spent your time on here having a love in with the opposition and bragging about the lottery. 

When we were struggling you had plenty  to say , so much so that you wrote the teamtalks for our opposition week in week out. 

Looking forward to welcoming darvel on sat to the brig ... had good chin wag with few of the guys down there after our narrow  1-0 defeat.... decent bunch 

should be a good old fashion ding dong game with both teams on wee bit of form 

we’ve won Last 3 which has neally seen us break into top 6 so hoping for another 3pts ... darvel hav been bit like ourselfs all season blowing hot and cold 

see youz on sat lads 

1 hour ago, Winny Wizen said:

You spent your time on here having a love in with the opposition and bragging about the lottery. 

When we were struggling you had plenty  to say , so much so that you wrote the teamtalks for our opposition week in week out. 

That’s nonsense every player was congratulated on the way in to the bar yesterday after the game. The president shook hands with every player on the way off the pitch.

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

True colours at last. 

1 hour ago, Winny Wizen said:

Tell u what then don’t come to the games 

18 minutes ago, PatnaDunty said:

A’ve said this before. Guys a weapon. Does more harm to the team on the park than good. And that’s come fae a boy that was with them.

And what about off the park u nugget ? 

Set up a lottery that will keep club going long after im no here 

bring in advertising boards 

spend a lot of dough on the club 

brought new manager in 

oh and say it as it is every Saturday with performances 

I’ve said from day one we should have got promoted results now would suggest I’m probably right and that’s the last time I reply to u 

16 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

And what about off the park u nugget ? 

Set up a lottery that will keep club going long after im no here 

bring in advertising boards 

spend a lot of dough on the club 

brought new manager in 

oh and say it as it is every Saturday with performances 

I’ve said from day one we should have got promoted results now would suggest I’m probably right and that’s the last time I reply to u 

Aye if you hadn’t of fucked up and appointed Strain. 

Can you believe the reason Darvel haven’t got promoted this year is down to the legend himself haha