Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

Guest Mick Kennedy

My ambition is to try and build Darvel into one of the top teams in the country. Am sure thats every club and manager ambition across the country, if you don’t have the desire to be successful then Why would you  do it.

Now time will tell if that will happen, I know the challenge will difficult. I have surrounded myself with really experienced quality individuals who have had great success at his level and who I respect. 

There has been a massive amount of work off the park, more will happen this summer with my input. It will be the management team job to get it right on the park, the future will show if that will be the case. We will start on building the squad when the season finishes and we have had a the opportunity to watch the remaining games. 

On 06/04/2019 at 19:40, wylieboy said:

Thought we deserved to beat Rosedale comfortably first game of season but ended a draw they said they had six or seven players missing thought we deserved to also win today so how many players had they missing today

Maybe do your homework.. Who the fk are Rosedale ?? Deserved to win ?? Really?? Your goalie produces a wordie to keep it ar 2 -2 . Another Darvel, we coulda shoulda fan eh??

I have absolutely no doubt Mick will be a success at darvel but if I was the money man or committee behind darvel I’d be getting them to silence some of the muppets on here.

Ever heard about going about your business quietly? You’ll get a bit more respect and won’t have such a big target on your back (ie shouting from the rooftops about what your doing will naturally get teams more up for games against you and undoubtedly make your job harder)

8 hours ago, geo87 said:

I have absolutely no doubt Mick will be a success at darvel but if I was the money man or committee behind darvel I’d be getting them to silence some of the muppets on here.

Ever heard about going about your business quietly? You’ll get a bit more respect and won’t have such a big target on your back (ie shouting from the rooftops about what your doing will naturally get teams more up for games against you and undoubtedly make your job harder)

You do realise this is probably about the most viewed and commented thread on here , darvel might not be anywhere near the best team but their clearly the most talked about 

Guest Moomintroll

The Wylies do need to give it a wrap on here as they are giving a good club a bad reputation with their constant drivel. FWIW I believe that the combination of Johns investment & Mick and his coaching team will make Darvel a far better team next year , I would happily put money on them getting promoted but ffs, reign them in as they are making neutrals everywhere hate Darvel which is unjustified as it really is a great club.

Ever heard of any publicity is good publicity
That's what you have here Darvel a small club but everyone knows of them now and are talking about them and if that translates into bigger attendances then job done.

On 07/04/2019 at 11:25, Darvel legend said:

The only thing consistently pish is ur posts against Darvel , let’s see if ur on here a year from now , I’ve a feeling u will disappear 

Just for the record...... I have no issues with any player, mangers present & past or Darvel 

what I do have an issue is with your pish posts & self promotion plus derogatory remarks you make towards other teams you play 

As for me being here next year, let’s see what happens Mystic Meg ..... 

Oh I forgot ..... your predictions are PISH also  :thumbsdown

19 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

And also micks , we mite we mite no but we are going to give it one helluva go 

As Jimmy Stewart once famously said (Shenandoah 1965 ),'If we don't try,we don't do. And if we don't do,then why the f**k are we here on this earth?' *

I've watched Colville Park on a number of occasions over the last few seasons and while they can play some quality fitba,they're also a tight-knit group who can mix it if required. This fellowship is undoubtedly down to the guys behind the scenes and it's the reason why there are no easy games against this side,and why,yet again,they are favourites to win what is generally recognised as the best Amateur league in the country,and also the Scottish Amateur cup.

If this management team bring their recipe for success to the Juniors,then there's no doubt that Darvel will enjoy some good times in the very near future. I wish them well.

* May not be a verbatim quote. :)

Edited by tommyboy

23 hours ago, Zicco said:

Plenty by the looks of things ADL 25 yrs
spend spend spend just about manage to avoid going back down again spend spend spend again now it’s wait and see what happens next season spend more on decent players and it’s feck the loyalty of Greg Vernon and the rest of the team you have just now your the new me££a Hur££ford
buffs look what happened to the Buffs n Me££a when the money men and there mercenaries left

Would that be the same Greg Vernon who buggered off to the medda???

34 minutes ago, Zicco said:

I don’t know but he must have buggered of fae them back to Darvel and scored plenty for Darvel

No loyalty shown when he left....anyway good luck to Darvel for showing a bit of ambition, there's a lot of bitter folk on here 

On 07/04/2019 at 08:38, Darvel legend said:

Next season old pal ur days of being the top junior team this side of Kilmarnock is now in serious doubt and we have been getting closer to you over the last few seasons giving you tough games and ultimately losing but I’ve a feeling the coin is about to turn 

Time to give up that crack pipe 

Edited by yoyopack

11 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

Nail hit on the head right there

Show me them then as I quote  the game as I see it , the only club I’ve been derogatory too is rossvale , it’s a shit set up Imo for junior football and I don’t think I will be the only one who thinks that but on the playing side they have done great so good luck to them 

6 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Show me them then as I quote  the game as I see it , the only club I’ve been derogatory too is rossvale , it’s a shit set up Imo for junior football and I don’t think I will be the only one who thinks that but on the playing side they have done great so good luck to them 

Yup you can't beat the nou camp feel that darvels ground has.... :unsure2:

Presumably recent spfl Motherwell and Hibs player and Jamaican international Chris Humphrey will be turning out for Darvel next season with the recent move he has made ?

Edited by superbigal

9 hours ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Yup you can't beat the nou camp feel that darvels ground has.... :unsure2:

Cracking wee set up at Darvel and with more plans in the pipeline its going to be a fine place to play and watch football.