Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

1 hour ago, Ceejayar said:

The current squad have turned in very good performances over the last 4/5 games, if these performances had been replicated over the full season imo we would not be mid table and would be pushing for promotion, that in turn would probably have meant we were not bringing in a new manager for next season. As a whole this season has been below our expectations hence the reason for change.

Had the board done there Job and appointed the right manager to begin with or stuck with Ian Mcredie before strain snr then a good run of results might have happened. Has the squad changed that much since the season began? One lucky team will get those bunch of players anyway before the coville over hawl

Guest Mick Kennedy

I have also told the players that the rumour I will bring my whole Colville squad down is also inaccurate. Let’s just see how the season finishes then we will look at things, and then do what we believe is in the best interest of the club to support us to be successful. 

Guys u only change the manager if results are not good and that’s the bottom line , no one wants to get rid of managers but the bottom line is it’s the same squad of players who are winning games now who couldn’t at various stages of this season , no one knows how that was the case but that is the facts , it’s a results driven business and the days of Darvel being happy to be mid table in the championship are gone , we want to win the league , the west and the Scottish cup and the club has chased Mick Kennedy and his backroom team for a while now , I thought we were getting a guy who had substantial knowledge of the amateur game but didn’t realise he had as many contacts at every level of the game and some of the players he is talking to will be on a level that Darvel juniors haven’t seen for many a long year , and don’t be kidded we would love some of the current squad to be involved next season but that will be down to Mick and his team , and here’s a thought everyone is saying we have right good players which is funnily enough what I’ve been saying since day one of this season but if Mick and his team decide to let them move on and this could be for a number of reasons and they have been watched for a while now would that no suggest he thinks he’s bringing in a better quality of player ? 

Only time will tell but we have supreme confidence in this guy to bring home what we want and guys that’s no the championship it’s the west and Scottish 

37 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Guys u only change the manager if results are not good and that’s the bottom line , no one wants to get rid of managers but the bottom line is it’s the same squad of players who are winning games now who couldn’t at various stages of this season , no one knows how that was the case but that is the facts , it’s a results driven business and the days of Darvel being happy to be mid table in the championship are gone , we want to win the league , the west and the Scottish cup and the club has chased Mick Kennedy and his backroom team for a while now , I thought we were getting a guy who had substantial knowledge of the amateur game but didn’t realise he had as many contacts at every level of the game and some of the players he is talking to will be on a level that Darvel juniors haven’t seen for many a long year , and don’t be kidded we would love some of the current squad to be involved next season but that will be down to Mick and his team , and here’s a thought everyone is saying we have right good players which is funnily enough what I’ve been saying since day one of this season but if Mick and his team decide to let them move on and this could be for a number of reasons and they have been watched for a while now would that no suggest he thinks he’s bringing in a better quality of player ? 

Only time will tell but we have supreme confidence in this guy to bring home what we want and guys that’s no the championship it’s the west and Scottish 

A screen shot moment 

1 hour ago, RobM1 said:

Had the board done there Job and appointed the right manager to begin with or stuck with Ian Mcredie before strain snr then a good run of results might have happened. Has the squad changed that much since the season began? One lucky team will get those bunch of players anyway before the coville over hawl

Unfortunately it’s managers who carry the can at every level of football if results don’t go the way supporters/ board want. It’s wrong that players can potentially down tools because of a managerial appointment. They play for a club that pays the wages not a manager/ coach that they prefer.

Ok so say Darvel do fail and the new gaffer is a myth and they don't win anything do you stand on the sidelines cheering saying I told you so or do we not applude the club for going outside there comfort zone and there manager for taking the step up from amateur to junior and trying to take on the biggest club in the Junior game.
Me personally I hope they do succeed as only petty jealously would have me wanting folk to fail in there hopes and ambitions

U do realise DL that mick kennedy has never managed at junior level before don"t u ?
And this isn't a go at mick who has obviously done a great job at amateur level with colville park
But the junior game is a whole different ball game imo ,i'm not saying he won"t make a decent fist off it ,but why don't u let him walk before he run's instead of asking him to win the west and scottish ,no harm in a bit of ambition but u do get a bit over excited don't u 🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, kilsyth ranger said:

U do realise DL that mick kennedy has never managed at junior level before don"t u ?
And this isn't a go at mick who has obviously done a great job at amateur level with colville park
But the junior game is a whole different ball game imo ,i'm not saying he won"t make a decent fist off it ,but why don't u let him walk before he run's instead of asking him to win the west and scottish ,no harm in a bit of ambition but u do get a bit over excited don't u 

That’s no my words that’s micks words , imagine him being ambitious eh 

No about Wee Darvel they’re probably a good enough team but it’s fans like you who think every other team is crap that bursts folks heids gid luck next season the more pieman spends the better chance you will get to promotion but the minute he stops spending the mercenaries will leave for their next big payday ££££££££££££
Care to enlighten us how much he is spending so we can get a good laugh???

Darvel are delighted to announce that Stuart Ralston and Brian Whealan aka Biscuits have both agreed to join Mick and Kevin as part of Darvel’s management team for next season.

Both these men have had very successful junior careers at both Shotts and Pollock and will be great additions to the club. 

Welcome to the club guys 

Read your commet again " we have supreme confidence in him " could it be the royal we [emoji848]🤣🤣

No nothing wrong with ambition at all ,uve had it for the last 2 seasons with your crazy half arsed comments an got absolutley nowhere [emoji13]

Guest Mick Kennedy
13 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Darvel are delighted to announce that Stuart Ralston and Brian Whealan aka Biscuits have both agreed to join Mick and Kevin as part of Darvel’s management team for next season.

Both these men have had very successful junior careers at both Shotts and Pollock and will be great additions to the club. 

Welcome to the club guys 

Welcome to Kevin, Stuart and Buscuits. Great additions to the club, couldn’t have asked to be support by more experienced quality people. Guys who have had very successful junior careers, will bring great experience of junior football.

Thank you to the club for supporting me in attracting such quality 

44 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

“Only time will tell but we have supreme confidence in this guy to bring home what we want and guys that’s no the championship it’s the west and Scottish”

these are your words 

13 minutes ago, Winny Wizen said:

“Only time will tell but we have supreme confidence in this guy to bring home what we want and guys that’s no the championship it’s the west and Scottish”

these are your words 

And also micks , we mite we mite no but we are going to give it one helluva go 

Good luck with treble. hole dug already before this seasons even finished.