Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

8 hours ago, Beng24310 said:

Great to see big Kev back in the game since hanging up his boots, cracking big guy and a Beith legend.  All the best to the new management team, times have changed since I was at Darvel on £5 a week Haha. All the best.

U must have been the highest paid player at the club then 

Kevin will be a great addition to the management team. He’s was an outstanding footballer throughout his playing career, as soon as I was appointed I identified Kevin as someone I wanted to bring in beside me. 
I have known Kevin as a friend for a number of years, I have always admired him as a footballer but more importantly as a person. His experience at this level will greatly assists myself and the club as we prepare for the exciting journey ahead. It’s a great statement of intent that Darvel has been able to attract someone of Kevin’s experience and quality. 
Welcome to the Darvel family 
All the very best for the new season guys

1 hour ago, the wee jags said:

Be interesting to see the odds on Darvel having another manager before the new season.....:whistle

Ur as daft as I phone Getting , we now have the manager in place that we and him believe can challenge for the major honours in the junior game , as soon as u have spoken to Mick the first thing that becomes abundantly clear is he’s not going to except second best to anyone , he’s used to winning major honours in the amateur game and time will tell if he can step up a grade and do it in the juniors , we and him believe we can 

22 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Ur as daft as I phone Getting , we now have the manager in place that we and him believe can challenge for the major honours in the junior game , as soon as u have spoken to Mick the first thing that becomes abundantly clear is he’s not going to except second best to anyone , he’s used to winning major honours in the amateur game and time will tell if he can step up a grade and do it in the juniors , we and him believe we can 

You got the odds yet  ? must be worth a punt. Pie man changes management staff more the his Y's

10 minutes ago, the wee jags said:

You got the odds yet  ? must be worth a punt. Pie man changes management staff more the his Y's

Your  nearly becoming the biggest clown shoe on here , and that’s not easy 

I have already spoken to a number of potential signings fir next season, some will be a massive coup fir the club. I can assure you they have been more interested in what happening behind the scenes and how the club will be run next season, money hasn’t been their main focus. There will be significant developments accross all parts of the club, in preparation fir next season. We will attract players for many different reasons not just money. 
Ok mention some potential signings because they are not signing for money. So obviously want to sign for Darvel for other reasons beside cash. Everybody there at the minute is there for the money.
Good luck with your latest plan/recipe.

Guest Mick Kennedy
5 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:

Ok mention some potential signings because they are not signing for money. So obviously want to sign for Darvel for other reasons beside cash. Everybody there at the minute is there for the money.

All in good time mate, as I said loads of changes in the pipeline. We have spoken to players who would be making financial sacrifices to come, so there must be other things that are important aswell as money. Let’s get the season finished then we will see what the future holds.

The current squad seem a very tight group and what I watched last week was great togethernes, fighting for each other and the club. So money doesn’t seem their only motivation mate 

21 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:

We have at least 8 of the squad there that won the adl 2 seasons ago and we currently have 2 boys in on loan, so I would disagree with your statement “everybody there at the minute is there for the money”.