Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

Darvel are delighted to announce that  Kevin MacDonald  has agreed to join Mick and his backroom team . He will take up his post in the summer in preparation for next season .

Kevin has been an outstanding servant to junior football throughout his playing career representing beith ,Irvine meadow, kilbirnie and rob Roy.

during his playing career Kevin has represented the junior Scotland national team , won the premier division 3 times and also won the Scottish junior cup .

kevins undeniable experience , qualities and skills will be a massive asset to Darvel as we move forward .

he will further enhance mick and his backroom team as we begin building for next season .

welcome to Darvel Kevin 

Edited by Darvel legend
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Darvel are delighted to announce that  Kevin McDonald has agreed to join Mick and his backroom team . He will take up his post in the summer in preparation for next season .

Kevin has been an outstanding servant to junior football throughout his playing career representing beith ,Irvine meadow, kilbirnie and rob Roy.

during his playing career Kevin has represented the junior Scotland national team , won the premier division 3 times and also won the Scottish junior cup .

kevins undeniable experience , qualities and skills will be a massive asset to Darvel as we move forward .

he will further enhance mick and his backroom team as we begin building for next season .

welcome to Darvel Kevin 

Great appointment, will bring the junior experience on board to help Mick.

Guest Mick Kennedy

Kevin will be a great addition to the management team. He’s was an outstanding footballer throughout his playing career, as soon as I was appointed I identified Kevin as someone I wanted to bring in beside me. 

I have known Kevin as a friend for a number of years, I have always admired him as a footballer but more importantly as a person. His experience at this level will greatly assists myself and the club as we prepare for the exciting journey ahead. It’s a great statement of intent that Darvel has been able to attract someone of Kevin’s experience and quality. 

Welcome to the Darvel family 

Edited by Mick Kennedy

12 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Kevin will be a great addition to the management team. He’s was an outstanding footballer throughout his playing career, as soon as I was appointed I identified Kevin as someone I wanted to bring in beside me. 

I have known Kevin as a friend for a number of years, I have always admired him as a footballer but more importantly as a person. His experience at this level will greatly assists myself and the club as we prepare for the exciting journey ahead. It’s a great statement of intent that Darvel has been able to attract someone of Kevin’s experience and quality. 

Fantastic appointment Mick.

11 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Our budget seems to bug everyone ,we went for an amateur manager as we have run out of dough :whistle

Maybe does some people, doesn't bug me at all, good luck to you, if it's what I got told then players will come for the money, you should skoosh it 

Edited by Krfc 10

14 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

You will struggle to meet a nicer guy than kev both in life and in football, was brill with beith and read the game so well, he always took loads of time to speak to fans and even when we won the league and Scottish Kevin was straight across with the trophy to one of our fans who was wheelchair bound, even when Kevin never played he was always a good influence and didn't sulk, I'm sure he will be a good addition to darvel. 

Just now, Krfc 10 said:

Maybe does some people, doesn't bug me at all, good luck to you, if it what I got told then players will come for the money, you should skoosh it 

I can assure u if our management team talk to a player and the first thing he mentions his money that will be end of conversation 

Guest Mick Kennedy

I have already spoken to a number of potential signings fir next season, some will be a massive coup fir the club. I can assure you they have been more interested in what happening behind the scenes and how the club will be run next season, money hasn’t been their main focus. There will be significant developments accross all parts of the club, in preparation fir next season. We will attract players for many different reasons not just money. 

Lots of fair points being raised but let's be honest the only way players will sign for Darvel is for the dough as it's hardly a footballing hotbed but look that's life and football nowadays as players and managers will go where the cash is .
I wish Darvel well and if they finish above St Rochs next season then it's more than likely they will be champions 🤣

4 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Lots of fair points being raised but let's be honest the only way players will sign for Darvel is for the dough as it's hardly a footballing hotbed but look that's life and football nowadays as players and managers will go where the cash is .
I wish Darvel well and if they finish above St Rochs next season then it's more than likely they will be champions 

Players will come to us for a lot less than what they will be offered elsewhere and that’s fact 

Darvel are delighted to announce that  Kevin MacDonald  has agreed to join Mick and his backroom team . He will take up his post in the summer in preparation for next season .
welcome to Darvel Kevin 

Great appointment top top management team I wish mick and kev every success