Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

4 minutes ago, ski64 said:

Don't agree with the comfortable comment as it took a very dubious penalty to secure the result. You did deserve to win but never as one sided as you say.
We are down to bare bones in terms of numbers right now and I agree it will be tough between now and end of the season.
BTW that was a disgraceful challenge for the red card, extremely lucky not to cause serious injury and totally out of order given it was in injury time with result not in doubt.
That said the game was played in good spirit by both teams I thought.

The challenge was a bad one, if the ref had been up with play your no7 could have been off in the first 15 mins for the challenge on our left back which forced him off with injury.

The challenge was a bad one, if the ref had been up with play your no7 could have been off in the first 15 mins for the challenge on our left back which forced him off with injury.
Will need to take your word on that as it was far end from where I was so honestly couldn't argue either way.

On 15/02/2019 at 16:01, Eric the Evangelist said:

His work is never done. Only on the Sabbath  will I desist from spreading good news. 

Thessalonians 3:6

But now that Eric has come to us from you, and has brought us good news of your faith and love, and that you always think kindly of us, longing to see us just as we also long to see you,

Haha, we now have Eric the fucking Idiot.

Firstly thank you to everyone for their kinds words and support. I would also like to thank John, Jim and the committee at Darvel for having the trust in me As their new manager, myself and my coaching staff are proud to be part of it. 
Junior football is an institution in this country not only in football but in society. So I see as a massive challenge and honour to be now part of it. 
After many years in amateur football I have decided it’s time to move on and challenge myself in Junior football. Over the last few years I have had offers, but fir one reason or another it didn’t seem right. After speaking to John, Jim and the committee over the last few weeks, I fully believe Darvel are the perfect fit for me and my coaching staff. In all my years involved in football I have rarely came across a group of people who so committed to ensuring they create a successful football team. 
Alongside running Colville I will emerce myself in Junior football between now and the end of the season ensuring I have as much knowledge as possible in preparation for the season starting. The club and myself will now look to begin the stages of putting the foundations in place in preparation for me taking over in the summer. The hard work has already started, there be significant changes off and on the park in the coming months but hopefully exciting times are ahead. We will work together and tirelessly to build a club and team Darvel can be proud to say is theirs. 
In the meantime I wish Ernie and the squad all the best for the remainder of the season. I’m sure Ernie and his coaching staff will ensure it’s a successful end to the season, 
Also all the best to the rest of the clubs in junior football between now and the rest of the season. 

Welcome to Darvel Juniors Mick. Onwards n upwards. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji106]

tough away game at rutherglen tomorrow but we will go there and hopefully come away with the 3 points , our results gainst the 3 teams that are going to go up are as follows

glencairn 1-1

rossvale 1-1

benburb beat us 3-2 and 1-1 

so there is not much wrong with us when we play the teams at the top end of the table 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

tough away game at rutherglen tomorrow but we will go there and hopefully come away with the 3 points , our results gainst the 3 teams that are going to go up are as follows

glencairn 1-1

rossvale 1-1

benburb beat us 3-2 and 1-1 

so there is not much wrong with us when we play the teams at the top end of the table 

Your game v Rossvale was our 1st of the season we had 5 regulars missing & we were finding our feet in the Championship let's see how our return match goes at Huntershill 

54 minutes ago, Valemafia said:

Your game v Rossvale was our 1st of the season we had 5 regulars missing & we were finding our feet in the Championship let's see how our return match goes at Huntershill 

Aye was it ? And we were at full strength ? 

Jog on Uve done better than I expected and good luck to u , good thing is we won’t have to go to huntershill next season or the season after :whistle

23 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Jog on Uve done better than I expected and good luck to u , good thing is we won’t have to go to huntershill next season or the season after :whistle

Your first sensible post in a year.. We won't be going down, and you won't be coming up anytime soon.. 

26 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Well was that your reserve team or hadn't you spent your £70k player budget by then ... No because we will either be promoted or you will be relegated  

22 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

That's next season's budget for the manager coming from the amateur team, he wouldn't have accepted without the promise of a wad :)

Mick will do ok with 20k as colville just an amateur team and he’s did ok there 

his budget 20k more than currently 

we will see what happens :whistle

Mick will do ok with 20k as colville just an amateur team and he’s did ok there 
his budget 20k more than currently 
we will see what happens :whistle

Good to see your confidence back auld yin, was worried about yi for half a season there