Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

8 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

You’ve got to pick the right yin eventually

A stopped clock is right twice every 24 hours. 

Isaiah 40:31 -"but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

6 Now the gates of The Cage  were securely barred because of the Israelites. No one went out and no one came in and few paid
2 Then the Lord said to Joshua, “See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men. 3 March around the city once with all the armed men. Do this for six days. 4 Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams’ horns in front of the ark. On the seventh day, march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the trumpets.5 When you hear them sound a long blast on the trumpets, have the whole army give a loud shout; then the wall of the city will collapse and the army will go up, everyone straight in.”

Huntershill , 1:30 Tuesday 
Tbh I would rather Eric the Viking than the evangelist as I prefer pillaging and burning Huntershill to the ground rather than just knocking a few walls down lol

4 hours ago, Eric the Evangelist said:

A stopped clock is right twice every 24 hours. 

Isaiah 40:31 -"but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

OK. That's enough Eric. Time for your medication.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

OK. That's enough Eric. Time for your medication.

His work is never done. Only on the Sabbath  will I desist from spreading good news. 

Thessalonians 3:6

But now that Eric has come to us from you, and has brought us good news of your faith and love, and that you always think kindly of us, longing to see us just as we also long to see you,

4 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:
7 hours ago, Eric the Evangelist said:
6 Now the gates of The Cage  were securely barred because of the Israelites. No one went out and no one came in and few paid
2 Then the Lord said to Joshua, “See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men. 3 March around the city once with all the armed men. Do this for six days. 4 Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams’ horns in front of the ark. On the seventh day, march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the trumpets.5 When you hear them sound a long blast on the trumpets, have the whole army give a loud shout; then the wall of the city will collapse and the army will go up, everyone straight in.”

Huntershill , 1:30 Tuesday 

Tbh I would rather Eric the Viking than the evangelist as I prefer pillaging and burning Huntershill to the ground rather than just knocking a few walls down lol

I've put the clown on my ignore list and the only way i can see his idiotic posts is when someone quotes him.  Thanks Griff :lol:

9 minutes ago, Satori. said:

I've put the clown on my ignore list and the only way i can see his idiotic posts is when someone quotes him.  Thanks Griff :lol:

11 minutes ago, Satori. said:

Matthew 5:38-40 

Eye for Eye

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[a] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.

Guest Mick Kennedy

Firstly thank you to everyone for their kinds words and support. I would also like to thank John, Jim and the committee at Darvel for having the trust in me As their new manager, myself and my coaching staff are proud to be part of it. 

Junior football is an institution in this country not only in football but in society. So I see as a massive challenge and honour to be now part of it. 

After many years in amateur football I have decided it’s time to move on and challenge myself in Junior football. Over the last few years I have had offers, but fir one reason or another it didn’t seem right. After speaking to John, Jim and the committee over the last few weeks, I fully believe Darvel are the perfect fit for me and my coaching staff. In all my years involved in football I have rarely came across a group of people who so committed to ensuring they create a successful football team. 

Alongside running Colville I will emerce myself in Junior football between now and the end of the season ensuring I have as much knowledge as possible in preparation for the season starting. The club and myself will now look to begin the stages of putting the foundations in place in preparation for me taking over in the summer. The hard work has already started, there be significant changes off and on the park in the coming months but hopefully exciting times are ahead. We will work together and tirelessly to build a club and team Darvel can be proud to say is theirs. 

In the meantime I wish Ernie and the squad all the best for the remainder of the season. I’m sure Ernie and his coaching staff will ensure it’s a successful end to the season, 

Also all the best to the rest of the clubs in junior football between now and the rest of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Firstly thank you to everyone for their kinds words and support. I would also like to thank John, Jim and the committee at Darvel for having the trust in me As their new manager, myself and my coaching staff are proud to be part of it. 

Junior football is an institution in this country not only in football but in society. So I see as a massive challenge and honour to be now part of it. 

After many years in amateur football I have decided it’s time to move on and challenge myself in Junior football. Over the last few years I have had offers, but fir one reason or another it didn’t seem right. After speaking to John, Jim and the committee over the last few weeks, I fully believe Darvel are the perfect fit for me and my coaching staff. In all my years involved in football I have rarely came across a group of people who so committed to ensuring they create a successful football team. 

Alongside running Colville I will emerce myself in Junior football between now and the end of the season ensuring I have as much knowledge as possible in preparation for the season starting. The club and myself will now look to begin the stages of putting the foundations in place in preparation for me taking over in the summer. The hard work has already started, there be significant changes off and on the park in the coming months but hopefully exciting times are ahead. We will work together and tirelessly to build a club and team Darvel can be proud to say is theirs. 

In the meantime I wish Ernie and the squad all the best for the remainder of the season. I’m sure Ernie and his coaching staff will ensure it’s a successful end to the season, 

Also all the best to the rest of the clubs in junior football between now and the rest of the season. 

Welcome to Darvel Mick, looking forward to working with you and your team to bring us success on and off the park. Best of luck to Colville for the rest of the season.

8 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Great words Mick and go and win the amateur cup again with colville and we can’t wait for the seasons ahead , interesting times for junior football now and we want to be at the top table 

Comfortable win yesterday and if wasn’t for Irvine vics keeper would have been 6 or 7 , looks to me as if Irvine vics will struggle from now to end of the season which is a shame as I was quite impressed with them at Darvel and I like the club 
Don't agree with the comfortable comment as it took a very dubious penalty to secure the result. You did deserve to win but never as one sided as you say.
We are down to bare bones in terms of numbers right now and I agree it will be tough between now and end of the season.
BTW that was a disgraceful challenge for the red card, extremely lucky not to cause serious injury and totally out of order given it was in injury time with result not in doubt.
That said the game was played in good spirit by both teams I thought.