Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Yip it seems defending cross balls is still our problem 

Without a doubt mate, been better the last 3/4 games but yesterday was a step back from the defending side of things. Tbf we also had boys playing out of position due to injuries and other issues.

Took in the Dalry v Darvel game at the weekend as I was in the area.  Thoroughly enjoyed it - especially the atmosphere created by both sets of young alcohol-fuelled fans!

Darvel looked an inexperienced side, especially the back four.  Defending set pieces was a major issue. Not much football was played by them unless either of the 2 central midfielders managed to get themselves on the ball.  The strikers worked hard but didn’t cause the Dalry back line too much trouble in the areas where it matters.  I noticed from the squad list on Wiki a few ex-Seniors who never featured with Ross Chisholm and Sean Fitzharris not quoted and Allan Jenkins an unused sub.  I’m sure they would make a difference.

if the pie man has spent a bit of cash it wasn’t evident on this showing.

42 minutes ago, Senderos said:

Took in the Dalry v Darvel game at the weekend as I was in the area.  Thoroughly enjoyed it - especially the atmosphere created by both sets of young alcohol-fuelled fans!

Darvel looked an inexperienced side, especially the back four.  Defending set pieces was a major issue. Not much football was played by them unless either of the 2 central midfielders managed to get themselves on the ball.  The strikers worked hard but didn’t cause the Dalry back line too much trouble in the areas where it matters.  I noticed from the squad list on Wiki a few ex-Seniors who never featured with Ross Chisholm and Sean Fitzharris not quoted and Allan Jenkins an unused sub.  I’m sure they would make a difference.

The two central midfielders are quality , Chisholm has had a long term injury since the start of the season and Fitzharris picked up an injury in the cup a few weeks ago , they are not the only injuries we have had and some of the squad coming back need game time to get their match sharpness back. In saying that we are undefeated in 5 and hopefully that will become 6 on Saturday against Whitburn but we know that won’t be an easy task.

1 hour ago, Senderos said:

So u were watching Darvel and no really caring about Dalry ? Thanks for ur concern though it will be taken on board im sure 

8 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

So u were watching Darvel and no really caring about Dalry ? Thanks for ur concern though it will be taken on board im sure 

It’s the Darvel thread so makes sense to comment on them.

Dalry did really well to get back into the game after going 2 down fairly early on and will have been gutted to miss the penalty which would have given them the lead.  The experienced Cashmore caused the visitors problems - would have been a bigger problem if he’d scored the penalty!

1 hour ago, Senderos said:

They splashed the cash, just not wisely.

The pie man bought what he knows, MINCE!