Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

5 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

The team have been under a lot of pressure and let’s hope they can go on a wee run now. The boy will know he was suckered into it and hopefully will learn from his mistake. I suppose it will be a three match ban ?

Yes it will be which is a blow but as you say Paul will learn from it. He is proving to be a handful for teams and becoming a target which is a good thing for us . I thought him and Greg worked well together today in spells.

2 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Yes it will be which is a blow but as you say Paul will learn from it. He is proving to be a handful for teams and becoming a target which is a good thing for us . I thought him and Greg worked well together today in spells.

They just need games together but unfortunately for Paul wae a new gaffer coming in that’s no goin to happen , he’s been playing well gets his first goal for the club and then gets sent off , that just about sums up our season to be fair 

3 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

It would be great if they can forge a positive partnership. Couple of winnable games coming up. 

You'll not go far wrong with Chris and John. In his first season at Medda they went to Semi final of Scottish and that was before the money arrived.  The biggest problem we have in Ayrshire is the lack of young players coming into the game. Only 4 leagues left in the Amateurs. Was also talking to guy who ran an under 16 team who had to disband because boys no longer interested. 

1 hour ago, jnr supporter said:

Pleased for the boys to get their first victory of the season  yesterday against a neilston team who will be disappointed not to take something from the game hopefully this kickstarts our season and there are a few more victorys  to follow 

I don’t get this Neilston deserved something from the game , we were easy the better team up to the sending off and should have been up 3 or 4 nil however once big Paul got sent off they certainly had more of the game and markey had a couple of good saves which to be fair a goalie of his class would be expected to save 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

I don’t get this Neilston deserved something from the game , we were easy the better team up to the sending off and should have been up 3 or 4 nil however once big Paul got sent off they certainly had more of the game and markey had a couple of good saves which to be fair a goalie of his class would be expected to save 

Tell you something you like a wind up and that’s the problem there’s never any credit given to other teams .... must hv spoke to 5 guys in your wee club and everyone thot we were good enough for point 

as for the two saves from goalie  the 1st one was a decent save. But the 2nd he had. No right to make it was different class  from the big man .... but then again you must a goal keeping ledge cos you seem to know about it 

I’ve read a lot on the forums and it’s all tit for tat stuff  you seem to go on and on ... be respectful of your opponents especially a man of your position at the club 

as a said all the lads in yer portacabin after the game couldn’t be any nicer and wee had a great blether and a look forward to hosting them up at ours 

all the best 

5 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Tell you something you like a wind up and that’s the problem there’s never any credit given to other teams .... must hv spoke to 5 guys in your wee club and everyone thot we were good enough for point 

as for the two saves from goalie  the 1st one was a decent save. But the 2nd he had. No right to make it was different class  from the big man .... but then again you must a goal keeping ledge cos you seem to know about it 

I’ve read a lot on the forums and it’s all tit for tat stuff  you seem to go on and on ... be respectful of your opponents especially a man of your position at the club 

as a said all the lads in yer portacabin after the game couldn’t be any nicer and wee had a great blether and a look forward to hosting them up at ours 

all the best 

Mate my opinion is as I said it , Neilston looked a good side but only after we went to 10 men , u never saw the first half and can only go with what u heard , if u read all my match day comments u will see when teams deserve to beat us I say so , cumbernauld and benburb did , good luck To u for the rest of the season 

all the best 

That is why he is no liked and darvel are hated because he can't be honest. No disrespect to neilston but they stayed up through a play off and darvel struggled to beat them 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Darvel will finish in the bottom half of the league as they wasted there money on mercenaries [emoji122][emoji122]

7 minutes ago, Whittlets vic said:

That is why he is no liked and darvel are hated because he can't be honest. No disrespect to neilston but they stayed up through a play off and darvel struggled to beat them Darvel will finish in the bottom half of the league as they wasted there money on mercenaries

Darvel will be above u diddies by Xmas no that we will judge our season on that and it’s no much to be proud off but after the start we have had it will do then we can focus on catching Rossvale benburb etc 

39 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Darvel will be above u diddies by Xmas no that we will judge our season on that and it’s no much to be proud off but after the start we have had it will do then we can focus on catching Rossvale benburb etc 

The Galacticos win one game and they are word beaters again. 

Just keep splashing the cash and see how well it is has been spent.

Stay aff the glue old yin there is no chance you will be above us come Xmas. You won't even win your next match 🤣🤣

You'll not go far wrong with Chris and John. In his first season at Medda they went to Semi final of Scottish and that was before the money arrived.  The biggest problem we have in Ayrshire is the lack of young players coming into the game. Only 4 leagues left in the Amateurs. Was also talking to guy who ran an under 16 team who had to disband because boys no longer interested. 
Don't know about that Ross.[emoji54] His first season after Ross Findlay got bumped his budget at that time was £25k to get them out the ADL. Which he did at the first attempt, went unbeaten but that should have been expected. The next few seasons money was no object and we all know how that panned out.

1 hour ago, Whittlets vic said:

That is why he is no liked and darvel are hated because he can't be honest. No disrespect to neilston but they stayed up through a play off and darvel struggled to beat them  Darvel will finish in the bottom half of the league as they wasted there money on mercenaries

We never stayed up through  playoff we got promoted through play off like  whitletts

Edited by combineharvester

1 hour ago, tombo said:

Don't know about that Ross.emoji54.png His first season after Ross Findlay got bumped his budget at that time was £25k to get them out the ADL. Which he did at the first attempt, went unbeaten but that should have been expected. The next few seasons money was no object and we all know how that panned out.

Tombo u still have to sign the right players whether big budget or no to win things in this or any grade of football , we will back Chris but it won’t be with silly money