Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

Benburb by far the better team yesterday, this despite Darvel having a great start and looking comfortable for first 10 minutes. The remainder of the first half was pretty much one way with Darvel struggling to cope with the pace from the opposition. Standing on the sidelines it was obvious that Darvel full backs bombing forward didn’t have the pace of Benburb to get back, so should maybe have sat back a little.
The second half I actually thought Darvel came back into it a little though with very little goal threat, substitutions certainly helped and may be the way to go next Saturday. Also need another big imposing centre half or sweeper. Take nothing from  Benburb though, they won this convincingly 

Back to winning ways next Saturday for sure.

6 hours ago, buffy1899 said:

Buffs have never played any sectarian songs,believe it or not our support comes from both sides of the fence,so this wouldn't be accepted.

I never said they were sectarian at any point. 

I actually suggested that none of the songs would have been of a sectarian nature. 

6 hours ago, buffy1899 said:

Buffs have never played any sectarian songs,believe it or not our support comes from both sides of the fence,so this wouldn't be accepted.

I never said they were sectarian at any point. 

I actually suggested that none of the songs would have been of a sectarian nature. 

Having spoken to our DJ he informed me the songs in question were the following
Whisky in the jar
The lonesome boatman
The fields of Athenry
Viva la Quinta Brigrada
So tbh if anyone finds them songs offensive or sectarian then it says more about there mindset than ours .

Whisky in the jar ? Was it the Thin Lizzy or Metallica version ? [emoji23]

Benburb by far the better team yesterday, this despite Darvel having a great start and looking comfortable for first 10 minutes. The remainder of the first half was pretty much one way with Darvel struggling to cope with the pace from the opposition. Standing on the sidelines it was obvious that Darvel full backs bombing forward didn’t have the pace of Benburb to get back, so should maybe have sat back a little.
The second half I actually thought Darvel came back into it a little though with very little goal threat, substitutions certainly helped and may be the way to go next Saturday. Also need another big imposing centre half or sweeper. Take nothing from  Benburb though, they won this convincingly 
Another signing needed !

Having spoken to our DJ he informed me the songs in question were the following

Whisky in the jar

The lonesome boatman

The fields of Athenry

Viva la Quinta Brigrada

So tbh if anyone finds them songs offensive or sectarian then it says more about there mindset than ours .

Neither is the Penny Arcade the Roy Orbison hit but I bet if you played that at your next home game your fans wouldn’t like it.

You’ll always get folk that take a tune out of context for what it is, and mostly it’s down to ignorance

Neither is the Penny Arcade the Roy Orbison hit but I bet if you played that at your next home game your fans wouldn’t like it.
You’ll always get folk that take a tune out if conte t for what it is, and mostly it’s down to ignorance
Fair enough I would agree
Like we said at the time we will be more careful in future but I felt the need to post as the tread had started to mention sectarian songs and I just wanted to point out that under no circumstances will any songs of that nature will be played at JMP as we are a club open to all regardless of colour creed gender or religion .
Home or away fans .

11 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Fair enough I would agree
Like we said at the time we will be more careful in future but I felt the need to post as the tread had started to mention sectarian songs and I just wanted to point out that under no circumstances will any songs of that nature will be played at JMP as we are a club open to all regardless of colour creed gender or religion .
Home or away fans .

A lid was put on this on Wednesday night others have kept it going let's move on 

Hi guys .... not long after posting on this thread last night I received a PM with a cryptic message 

I did respond immediately to the person for an explanation but he/she??? haven’t  responded which I find strange

can anyone on here break this down for me? I’m normally pretty good at these but this one has me stumped

I received the following: Cbx Ceb

Any ideas?

Hi guys .... not long after posting on this thread last night I received a PM with a cryptic message 
I did respond immediately to the person for an explanation but he/she??? haven’t  responded which I find strange
can anyone on here break this down for me? I’m normally pretty good at these but this one has me stumped
I received the following: Cbx Ceb
Any ideas?

Aye it says your a Fanny