Perks of your job/ skives

Ylf

What perks do you get in your job? Any good skiving as well? I usually get away early most nights. Can basically hide away for around half of my shift and no one gives a shit. Not very exciting but there has to be good stories from others on here

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure 'hiding' for half your shift and nobody giving a shit/noticing your absence is necessarily something to be delighted about, to be honest. 

Or you could work in a job where you can do your work efficiently and then just relax for the rest of the day/week/month.

I assume based on your comments that you work on a production line or some other similar type of low pay/low skilled job where you actually HAVE to be there all the time.

Unlucky.

Genuinely struggling to think of any job I've had that's featured anything I'd consider a 'perk'  :(

I'm just happy not to still be working at a place where one of the owners would spend his Saturday nights going over the CCTV footage and obnoxiously telling everyone what they were doing wrong.

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Get to work from home every day is a good one.

Unemployed

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Free tees and pencils

Professional liar

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Get to drive about a lot so not stuck in the same place with the same people all the time, plenty fresh air and exercise, off evenings and weekends.

Drugs courier

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

I'm not sure 'hiding' for half your shift and nobody giving a shit/noticing your absence is necessarily something to be delighted about, to be honest. 

Polis

26 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Wouldn't like to comment.

Tortoise sexer.

I've been drunk in more countries than I can remember :) 

Free world travel. 

Mostly sandy shitholes these days but in the 90's plenty places worth visiting. USA, Canada, Australia, Malaysia, Iceland to name a few that stick in the memory but also pretty much all of mainland Europe. 

QRA meant sitting in a La Z Boy for a week watching Sky Sports, drinking tea, and hammering a X Box.  

The main reason though is the last 10 years they've given me paid time off and paid me to go and race a motorcycle 8-10 weekends every year. It's the only reason I've stayed this long.

2 years left then that's it. Retired at 48 :) I

Archived