Clydebank F.C. 2018/19

holmparkheroes

A number of supporters do not like the all weather! I re ember Petershill, Largs and Cummnock getting a hard time for doing it!
Petershill got stick because they moved out of a stadium that was full of character into a soulless new build. Largs and Cumnock both stayed where they were. Largs didn't really get too much stick whereas Cumnock got a bit more because they sold out to the Cumnock Community Enterprise basically because Auchinleck helped fund it.

Petershill got stick because they moved out of a stadium that was full of character into a soulless new build. Largs and Cumnock both stayed where they were. Largs didn't really get too much stick whereas Cumnock got a bit more because they sold out to the Cumnock Community Enterprise basically because Auchinleck helped fund it.
Much as I prefer watching games on grass, there is no doubt that the plastic fantastic makes fiscal sense. Both Largs and Cumnock just replaced the pitch and retained the character of their grounds, Petershill didn't/couldn't. Hopefully Holm Park will still have the feel of a football ground after the renovations not lose its character.

Much as I prefer watching games on grass, there is no doubt that the plastic fantastic makes fiscal sense. Both Largs and Cumnock just replaced the pitch and retained the character of their grounds, Petershill didn't/couldn't. Hopefully Holm Park will still have the feel of a football ground after the renovations not lose its character.

I think that’s what everyone would hope to retain. You only have to look at the soulless grounds in the spfl to understand why it puts fans off. I mean ideally i’d like there to be a seated stand (obviously that’s years away) and for it to be a quality ground, but still retain the character its got.

Apparently the quality of the surface is v good. It allows both clubs' underage teams to base themselves at the ground. Couldn't do that with grass so absolutely the right decision 

Out of interest who will be responsible for maintaining the surfaces. Having spoken to a number of organisations when we were looking at doing something similar at Dunterlie some,who used council run facilities, pointed out that some councils have not been great at maintenance and with so many teams using the pitches it wore out earlier than it should have.

Good luck to both Bankies and Yoker with this venture that if done right will surely be a great venture.

Out of interest who will be responsible for maintaining the surfaces. Having spoken to a number of organisations when we were looking at doing something similar at Dunterlie some,who used council run facilities, pointed out that some councils have not been great at maintenance and with so many teams using the pitches it wore out earlier than it should have.

Good luck to both Bankies and Yoker with this venture that if done right will surely be a great venture.

The ground is owned by the council but leased to an independent company which will take charge of maintenance and improvements etc. So hopefully this means all will be done properly!

1 hour ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Not interested in the politics of it all but has a definite decision been made on which league setup we’ll be watching the Bankies at the new Holm Park?

Im sure some sort of announcement will be made in due course

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

All i know is having been told by the board they don’t think going to the eosl is sustainable and arent going ahead with it.

Surely that is a decision for all the trust members and not just the board?

A local steel fabricator has offered to build a new one or refurbish the existing structure.  I'm not sure what the cost will be or if anyone has even spoken to him yet but the offer is there.