Clydebank F.C. 2018/19

holmparkheroes

We threw it away today, 2 really good goals and looked like we would run riot but the big man up front for cumnock bullied us all game, he won pretty much evreything, couple of gifts to let them back in it and it only looked like one team was the winner from then on. We are a relatively young team and passing the ball is all well and good but there is a time to play and a time not to take any chances. We need to sharpen up or we will be looking at another early exit from the junior cup like last season next week.

Thought the ground at cumnock was immaculate, if/when we could produce something half as good at holm park i would be delighted. 

We threw it away today, 2 really good goals and looked like we would run riot but the big man up front for cumnock bullied us all game, he won pretty much evreything, couple of gifts to let them back in it and it only looked like one team was the winner from then on. We are a relatively young team and passing the ball is all well and good but there is a time to play and a time not to take any chances. We need to sharpen up or we will be looking at another early exit from the junior cup like last season next week.
Thought the ground at cumnock was immaculate, if/when we could produce something half as good at holm park i would be delighted. 
The big boy is Scott Anson, he is a strong bullish type of player. For a chunky lad he packs a lot of quality and can score goals. Old style forward.

That’s an a real compliment regarding the ground. I’m sure those involved will appreciate the comments [emoji106]

It's crap just listen to players if it wasn't a 'community ground, : and belonged to Cumnock Juniors then fair enough, Cumnock used to have one of the best parks in the land but chased the money wae the plastic, fair play tae them but certainly no for me,!

I think your “chased the money” comment shows a lack of knowledge of why the new set up was necessary .

Like most junior clubs, Cumnock find it difficult to survive financially and to ensure we didn’t end up as a statistic in football history books only, the “Community Enterprise “ came about to benefit the “ Community” , while it allows our club to survive which may not have been the case by now if things had continued under the old situation

Ask yourself a question, if it was a straight choice between ensuring your team continues to be part of the current Junior set up with a Community facility , dreaded plastic and all, OR possibly cease to exist, which would you chose????

Bul, Cumnock Juniors, should be the biggest team in our district, Talbot and Glens were always looked doon on when we were boys, and now we have probably overtaken them in terms of success (Glens), ah just think Cumnock should be able to stand alone in a toon that size, and yes, I agree wae a lot of folk, plastic no for me!
L

At two nil we certainly feared the worst, first twenty minutes or so was all Bankies but as you say a couple of gifts let us back in to the game. However, credit to the players for digging in and forcing the mistakes and getting the goals.

Bankies look a decent team with some cracking players and have had a decent start to the season, the game could have went either way.

With Burns missing I would have taken a draw at the start of the game. Big Anson is handful and again yesterday had a superb game.

Your comments and appreciation of the set up will be well received given the usual negativity when it comes to the cooncil plastic pitch diatribe.

All the best for the season

Big anson takes a lot of stick but if he gets the service he will score you a lot of goals. Dan Carmichael playing alongside him is a class act he gave the Clydebank lb a torrid time. Clydebank look a decent team this season big improvement from last year so to come away with the 3 points is very pleasing. As for the park a lot of work has been done and the place is looking well but in no way have Cumnock gained anything financially by it. Townhead sports Hub is run by the Cumnock juniors enterprise not Cumnock juniors so any the money made from the hiring of the park and events etc goes to the enterprise which they use to maintain the ground. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Guest Nocknosh1988

Who was the tall lad number 7 for yous ? He looked a good prospect. Definitely the best Clydebank team I’ve seen in many years . All the best for the season .