Clydebank F.C. 2018/19

holmparkheroes

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I completely understand your point, I was just expressing an opinion from previous experience. My friends did try to stand at the bit beside the social club but as is common in many grounds folk just stand infront. It’d be great to see every club be as proactive as you’ve been here and your point about new builds is entirely accurate.

You'd like to think that most folk would have the self-awareness to realise they're blocking the view of chair users behind them, but there's no accounting for some punters' obliviousness.

As a matter of interest what has been the setup at Holm Park for them previously? Not having a dig, but apart from the social club end it certainly doesn't strike me as being amongst the most accessible grounds at the moment , although I'm sure that's one of the things that'll be addressed in the renovations.

You'd like to think that most folk would have the self-awareness to realise they're blocking the view of chair users behind them, but there's no accounting for some punters' obliviousness.
As a matter of interest what has been the setup at Holm Park for them previously? Not having a dig, but apart from the social club end it certainly doesn't strike me as being amongst the most accessible grounds at the moment , although I'm sure that's one of the things that'll be addressed in the renovations.

Well its pretty terrible to be honest from what i’ve seen, there are some positives like views (there are good perches behind the goals at the social club end and at the start of the terracing there), the pie hut is accessible for Clydebank games. There is no accessible toilet however there are two toilets for those who can walk short distances (which are on the ground level). I hope Clydebank do make those improvements.
I completely agree re folk not having the self awareness, its not even just standing directly in front its when people stand in front at either side, with someone sitting on a chair etc they cant see beyond directly in front so keeping up with play is nigh on impossible. The area behind the goal at Maryhill would be absolutely fantastic if the fence wasn’t so big!
I have to admit the best grounds i’ve ever seen for supporters with disabilities are Petershill, Port Glasgow and Cumnock.

• 4 weeks later...

Another good win last night. 6 points in the league after the opening two games. Amazing return when you consider it took us until March of this year to pick up our second league win of last season.