Clydebank F.C. 2018/19

holmparkheroes

Omg do people only come in here to be confrontational. What a waste of a post. 
So if I say black you say..........
just fill it in and send it back. 

Im not being in the slightest bit confrontational? Think you’re being really sensitive here. Just the lack of parking can cause issues, I know some folks who are doubting their ability to go to see them at Maryhill due to this, but thats life, im sure its the best solution for Clydebank though.

If people with disabilities have access problems to Lochburn, im sure dropping a line to either Maryhill or Clydebank will suffice. The Bankies value their disabled fans very highly and im sure would be happy to help. Im confident Maryhill would also adopt a helpful attitude

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im not being in the slightest bit confrontational? Think you’re being really sensitive here. Just the lack of parking can cause issues, I know some folks who are doubting their ability to go to see them at Maryhill due to this, but thats life, im sure its the best solution for Clydebank though.

I replied to a thread with a solution.  Maybe that’s what you should have done to a problem you have identified. 

Edited by Viewparker

2 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

If people with disabilities have access problems to Lochburn, im sure dropping a line to either Maryhill or Clydebank will suffice. The Bankies value their disabled fans very highly and im sure would be happy to help. Im confident Maryhill would also adopt a helpful attitude

Well done a solution focussed reply

From what I gather its a lack of parking and difficulty for persons on wheelchairs seeing the games, which is fair enough. Its not Maryhill’s fault or Clydebank as they have to play where they can and on the whole Maryhill is a great place for most to watch football. Certainly think the Bankies have picked the right venue, but ultimately every ground has its drawbacks.
I hope Clydebank/Yoker keep their disabled fans in mind when redeveloping Holm Park as grounds with high perimeter fencing and all fans on 1 level etc results in something thats hard for disabled supporters to see.

Didn't bsc Glasgow share with Maryhill? I'm pretty sure they did. That would mean the ground was licence compatible and would have had everything in place for all fans, like disabled access, parking and viewing areas. (required for a ground to be licenced for the LL). Unless this has been allowed to disappear, but wouldn't require much to put right. 

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Maryhill is a cracking wee ground maybe not been maintained 2 the ground it was 15-20 year ago but 1 of my favourite grounds. Has a bar in it which is always a plus for me lol

Mon the papers

Alchy!! :blink:

Didn't bsc Glasgow share with Maryhill? I'm pretty sure they did. That would mean the ground was licence compatible and would have had everything in place for all fans, like disabled access, parking and viewing areas. (required for a ground to be licenced for the LL). Unless this has been allowed to disappear, but wouldn't require much to put right. 

The ground is licence compatible, its a great ground for spectators, its just not great for folks in wheelchairs etc, that said there are several grounds in the juniors and seniors with the same problem however that plus the difficulty with parking makes it harder for folks. Im in no way attacking Maryhill, its one of my favourite junior grounds, I go quite regularly when im looking for a game in Glasgow to watch, just with the spectator area being narrower and the higher perimeter fence its difficult to see the game and that was a concern i’d heard from some Bankies fans who depend on wheelchairs. I’m sorry if thats annoyed the viewparker guy was only a fair observation.

It’d be great to see every club make a point of improving accessibility with their grounds, there are several which in my opinion already do that really well, like Cumnock, Meadow, Petershill and Port Glasgow to name a few. If the SJFA continues it’d be great to appoint an accessibility officer who could help clubs improve, which would hopefully help boost clubs crowds in the process!

8 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

From what I gather its a lack of parking and difficulty for persons on wheelchairs seeing the games, which is fair enough. Its not Maryhill’s fault or Clydebank as they have to play where they can and on the whole Maryhill is a great place for most to watch football. Certainly think the Bankies have picked the right venue, but ultimately every ground has its drawbacks.
I hope Clydebank/Yoker keep their disabled fans in mind when redeveloping Holm Park as grounds with high perimeter fencing and all fans on 1 level etc results in something thats hard for disabled supporters to see.

id like to see a safe area set aside and am confident this will happen

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The ground is licence compatible, its a great ground for spectators, its just not great for folks in wheelchairs etc, that said there are several grounds in the juniors and seniors with the same problem however that plus the difficulty with parking makes it harder for folks. Im in no way attacking Maryhill, its one of my favourite junior grounds, I go quite regularly when im looking for a game in Glasgow to watch, just with the spectator area being narrower and the higher perimeter fence its difficult to see the game and that was a concern i’d heard from some Bankies fans who depend on wheelchairs. I’m sorry if thats annoyed the viewparker guy was only a fair observation.

It’d be great to see every club make a point of improving accessibility with their grounds, there are several which in my opinion already do that really well, like Cumnock, Meadow, Petershill and Port Glasgow to name a few. If the SJFA continues it’d be great to appoint an accessibility officer who could help clubs improve, which would hopefully help boost clubs crowds in the process!

Obviously there's such a wide range of disabilities to potentially take into account that it would be impossible for any club at non-league level to second-guess every eventuality that could arise - even the most recentIy opened new build junior stadiums tend to feature hard standing with a perimeter fence at wheelchair user eye level. If you're specifically talking about wheelchair users in this instance, in the past we've found the best viewing areas are the level area more or less as you come in the gate on the social club side or at the top of the ramp leading down to the pitch as you walk round to the shed - both are wheelchair accessible.

Like someone said - phone ahead and a solution will more than likely be found for most issues...for example either last season or the one before we arranged for some kids with autism who were likely to get freaked out by the shouting which is part and parcel of both watching or playing to attend a game by opening up the far end seated stand to them for the day.

Obviously there's such a wide range of disabilities to potentially take into account that it would be impossible for any club at non-league level to second-guess every eventuality that could arise - even the most recentIy opened new build junior stadiums tend to feature hard standing with a perimeter fence at wheelchair user eye level. If you're specifically talking about wheelchair users in this instance, in the past we've found the best viewing areas are the level area more or less as you come in the gate on the social club side or at the top of the ramp leading down to the pitch as you walk round to the shed - both are wheelchair accessible.
Like someone said - phone ahead and a solution will more than likely be found for most issues...for example either last season or the one before we arranged for some kids with autism who were likely to get freaked out by the shouting which is part and parcel of both watching or playing to attend a game by opening up the far end seated stand to them for the day.

I completely understand your point, I was just expressing an opinion from previous experience. My friends did try to stand at the bit beside the social club but as is common in many grounds folk just stand infront. It’d be great to see every club be as proactive as you’ve been here and your point about new builds is entirely accurate.

11 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Not great for disabled punters though.

Talbot have a great wheelchair facility at the front of the stand with access ramp. I agree if clubs want to progress then they should put disabled fans high on the agenda.