Clydebank F.C. 2018/19

holmparkheroes

Those who have left:

Reece Pearson

Josh Watt

Ryan Deas

John Cunningham ( who was on loan from Alloa and has joined Albion Rovers)

Johnny Allan

Calum Gow has joined Irvine Meadow

In:

Nicky Little

Del Hepburn

Sean Higgins ( Player/Coach)

Marc Waters- has signed 2 year deal

Matt McLean has re-signed

Adam Asghar has re-signed

as has Andy Paterson , Jamie Darroch think Alan Vezza has re-signed

Phil Johnston possibly back too

Jordan Shelvey and Steven Higgins were already signed

Lochburn is a strange looking ground but what it will do is allow big crowds when the Pollok et al visit. Good pint in the club and plenty of pubs about if you fancy sampling the Maryhill hospitality.  Hope it goes well up there for possibly your last year in the Juniors. 

19 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

Lochburn is a strange looking ground but what it will do is allow big crowds when the Pollok et al visit. Good pint in the club and plenty of pubs about if you fancy sampling the Maryhill hospitality.  Hope it goes well up there for possibly your last year in the Juniors. 

I would have thought Holm Park would hold more people than Lochburn. It's certainly a better ground for viewing than Lochburn when it's busy.

9 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I would have thought Holm Park would hold more people than Lochburn. It's certainly a better ground for viewing than Lochburn when it's busy.

I was in Holm Park for the first time in years towards the end of the season. It was delapidated to see the least. I’m not here to criticise the ground as I’m sure knowing a big refurb was due a lot had been neglected. 

I’m not sure of the capacities but Lochburn is far better situated. 

Maybe a Bankie could advise. 

For some reason Clydebank vs Pollok is a midweek fixture, suppose someone has to have it but that probably would have been their biggest gate of the year. Maybe it’ll still draw a crowd on a wednesday night, perhaps if that sectional cup wasn’t still in then there would have been no need for midweeks at that stage.

8 hours ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Those who have left:

Reece Pearson

Josh Watt

Ryan Deas

John Cunningham ( who was on loan from Alloa and has joined Albion Rovers)

Johnny Allan

Calum Gow has joined Irvine Meadow

In:

Nicky Little

Del Hepburn

Sean Higgins ( Player/Coach)

Marc Waters- has signed 2 year deal

Matt McLean has re-signed

Adam Asghar has re-signed

as has Andy Paterson , Jamie Darroch think Alan Vezza has re-signed

Phil Johnston possibly back too

Jordan Shelvey and Steven Higgins were already signed

Dooley and Black also signed up for another year, also when McClair signed I am sure it included this season too.

So I am thinking the following are all signed for next year, maybe someone from club can confirm...

GOALKEEPERS :Waters , Morrison

DEFENDERS : Dooley, Darroch, McLean, Paterson

MIDFIELDERS : McClair, Asghar, Vezza,  Little, Black

FORWARDS : Hepburn, Sean Higgins, Steven Higgins, Shelvey

Apologies if I have missed anyone.

Always look forward to our games against you, and see you travel to Beechwood early season on August 18th. Programme shop will be open of course, and Bankies fans more than any other club patronise it well. Hope to reacquaint with those who've been before.

On 02/07/2018 at 16:07, glensmad said:

Little doubt that Holm Park will hold more spectators but I would think Lochburn can easily take at least 1000 so should be adequate. Parking is the biggest issue for visituing fans; bearing in mind tthat both are "visitors". Maybe 20 cars in the area just outside the entrance, most of which will be taken up by players and officials. The road heading up to the canal (Lochburn)  allows for some parking but not really enough for a club with perhaps a couple of coaches as well as more than a few in cars. Never found it a problem to find a parking space at Holm Park.

1 hour ago, garrellburn said:

Little doubt that Holm Park will hold more spectators but I would think Lochburn can easily take at least 1000 so should be adequate. Parking is the biggest issue for visituing fans; bearing in mind tthat both are "visitors". Maybe 20 cars in the area just outside the entrance, most of which will be taken up by players and officials. The road heading up to the canal (Lochburn)  allows for some parking but not really enough for a club with perhaps a couple of coaches as well as more than a few in cars. Never found it a problem to find a parking space at Holm Park.

Parking is a problem but a couple of solutions are that Lochburn  has excellent bus links with numerous busses passing within a 100 yards of the park. Individuals could also park in Tescos leaving a 5 minute walk with 3 pubs on route for the non drivers.