Arthurlie 18/19 season.

1874_MTL

Beginning to dislike this thread more and more, if I’m not correct there was talk of Arthurlie plummeting through the divisions the state they were in last season but this season they’re actually battling for a promotion place.
I think the squad are over achieving and people should be getting behind them. Not half behind them. “They’re doing well but..”

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

Beginning to dislike this thread more and more, if I’m not correct there was talk of Arthurlie plummeting through the divisions the state they were in last season but this season they’re actually battling for a promotion place.
I think the squad are over achieving and people should be getting behind them. Not half behind them. “They’re doing well but..”

I don't know if you are an Arthurlie fan  but if you were you would feel the positive atmosphere surrounding our club now compared to last season.  I do not think the squad are over achieving one bit. In fact i feel there is even more to come from them.  You may be happy to stay exactly where we are but i want to see us back in the top league but only when we are ready. At the moment we are far from ready. In fact i don't think there is a team in our league capable of going up and staying there. 

I don't know how you can be half behind a team. You either are or you aren't.  To finish your sentence " They're  doing well but if we want  promotion we need to improve further".  If you don't think the same then thats fine but don't criticise supporters for being realistic and wanting better.  

On 29/11/2018 at 13:39, Satori. said:

I don't know if you are an Arthurlie fan  but if you were you would feel the positive atmosphere surrounding our club now compared to last season.  I do not think the squad are over achieving one bit. In fact i feel there is even more to come from them.  You may be happy to stay exactly where we are but i want to see us back in the top league but only when we are ready. At the moment we are far from ready. In fact i don't think there is a team in our league capable of going up and staying there. 

I don't know how you can be half behind a team. You either are or you aren't.  To finish your sentence " They're  doing well but if we want  promotion we need to improve further".  If you don't think the same then thats fine but don't criticise supporters for being realistic and wanting better.  

Well said 100% agree.

I’m not an arthurlie fan, I follow cambuslang but I do like arthurlie as I view them as a strong traditional junior club.
Just going by the hearsay of the squad from last season to the massive turnover this season that’s all.
The team are doing well that was my main point not criticising supporters.
So do not be offended by what I say it’s not personal.

You say there’s a positive feel around the club at the moment, it just doesn’t look like it reading this.

Your post contradicts itself also, the team is sitting fourth but not over achieving at all. Infact there’s more to come from them.

But your not ready

So really your saying they are a team that should be in this league so by actually competing at the right end of the table surely that means the team is over achieving? As you said they are not ready.

Please don’t take any of this in argumentitave manner, I’m not criticising. It’s just on observation

There are no contradictions in my post. I watch this team most weeks. They are not ready to make the step up. They are not good enough to go up yet. I said there is a more positive feel compared to last season.  To say we are over achieving you would need to see the teams we are playing week in week out. If we were sitting where the Bens are i would say we were over achieving.  Even if we were sitting top, that would not mean we were ready to step up. It would only mean we were better than teams around us.  

I am saying we are sitting exactly where we should be.   If a club like Larkhall or Kello were in our position, That would be over achieving. I mean no disrespect to either of those clubs

Every team in our league will need to strengthen if they want to make an impact if they are promoted.  That is what i mean about not being ready. Another season in this league will do some of our younger players the world of good.  

I couldn't say if the Lang were over/under achieving as i haven't seen you this season or any of your opponents but i know its a helluva tough league and one i would like Arthurlie to be ready to face when we eventually get back in.  Winning your league does not mean you are ready and neither does sitting 4th.  

There are no contradictions in my post. I watch this team most weeks. They are not ready to make the step up. They are not good enough to go up yet. I said there is a more positive feel compared to last season.  To say we are over achieving you would need to see the teams we are playing week in week out. If we were sitting where the Bens are i would say we were over achieving.  Even if we were sitting top, that would not mean we were ready to step up. It would only mean we were better than teams around us.  
I am saying we are sitting exactly where we should be.   If a club like Larkhall or Kello were in our position, That would be over achieving. I mean no disrespect to either of those clubs
Every team in our league will need to strengthen if they want to make an impact if they are promoted.  That is what i mean about not being ready. Another season in this league will do some of our younger players the world of good.  
I couldn't say if the Lang were over/under achieving as i haven't seen you this season or any of your opponents but i know its a helluva tough league and one i would like Arthurlie to be ready to face when we eventually get back in.  Winning your league does not mean you are ready and neither does sitting 4th.  

What this means is....we are a different kind of shite than the rest.....

2 hours ago, Satori. said:

100% correct

6 hours ago, veedub said:

What this means is....we are a different kind of shite than the rest.....

What your post means is you are a total knob who shouldn't be allowed on this forum. We are having a serious discussion. When we want to trivialise things we will inform you

Everybody knows there are certain players not good enough... but when you start with 3 signed players and the manager is 3 months behind everybody is in starting to look for players what do you expect? Some players? He has brought it a full you team.. and to be were we are just now I think we are over achieving from we’re we were at the start... I agree 3/4 we need

I presume your either a coach/player/players dad as you seemed to watch larkhall when sinky was there so you are coming from a totally different place than me. My response would of been similar to Satori’s with one amendment that I feel the manager has made some tactical errors that have cost us games. And to the poster who said about half supporting the team, I presume that’s aimed at me. Well I go almost every week and whoever pulls on that jersey gets my full backing when there on the pitch but I won’t follow blindly and will always offer my opinion, as I did to Mark Cameron, Gavin Duncan, Craig McEwan etc who I worked closely with.

The only way any team can prove they are good enough for the premier division is to get there and stay there.  It is probably easier to do that now that it has sixteen teams, rather than twelve. You could also say some of the teams currently in it are not good enough either as a result of the six teams promoted last time. But at the very least three of them will still be there next season, probably more.   I think some people would like an elite group to constitute the top division and stay there for ever with no promotion of the so called lesser sides.  a bit like the english Premier with mammoth parachute payments that almost ensure a quick return for clubs like Aston Villa and Newcastle who have under achieved for years but can still attract huge crowds

3 hours ago, garrellburn said:

I think some people would like an elite group to constitute the top division and stay there for ever with no promotion of the so called lesser sides.  a bit like the english Premier with mammoth parachute payments that almost ensure a quick return for clubs like Aston Villa and Newcastle who have under achieved for years but can still attract huge crowds

I don’t think anyone would like that. One of the best things about the Juniors is the unpredictability of it. Since the early 2000s, Auchinleck are the only team in the Premiership that haven’t been relegated. I think it’s great that it is so competitive. On history and attendance, Arthurlie would be in the top 16 in the west of Scotland but you have to earn the right to be in the Premiership. Arthurlie were awful last year and deservedly relegated. It’s all about working hard over the next couple of years to get back up. 

This seasons premier does seem to be splitting in two with four of the bottom five last years promoted sides including Petershill who were champions. Perhaps this lends weight to the arguement that there is a gulf between the top half dozen and the rest.  But do we want a true superleague with these clubs playing one another four times and the rest just making up the numbers? I think not, and clubs like Arthurlie who do have decent facilities and support base should accept that they will hav e a poor season every so often and can regroup in a lower division.  The only club who have really bucked this trend are Auchinleck. My prediction? Hurlford will swiftly sink back to where they belong when the money man gets tired of his latest toy.

• 4 weeks later...

The boys played great yesterday i thought young lee in the middle was a diffrent class winning absolutely everything. Could have easily been double figures yesterday i thought we took our foot off the gas at 5-0 and would like to see us be more ruthless. I hope stuart and neilly's injuries arnt bad. Next a trip to the farmers hopefully we can get a result there in our current form. Mon the lieeee [emoji838] [emoji836] [emoji838] [emoji836]!!

Didn't like the look of either injury yesterday. Only had 3 on the bench yesterday so could do without injuries.  I agree we looked pretty good yesterday but Girvan were really poor.  The worst team i have seen us against this season.  I heard they were struggling to get a team together and it looked that way.  Their keeper had an excellent game and kept the score down.  Lee was excellent but so too were McNab, Slick,  Tiger, Etherson.  Too many to mention really.  Hopefully carry that form up to Brig o Lea next week.  Always enjoy games against Neilston hopefully this will be no different.  

Unfortunately couldnt make the game yesterday but great to see mcnab on the scoresheet again he's in goalscoring form just now looking foward to a trip to the port next weekend hopefully continue the cup run. Also seen gummy was back on the teamsheet yesterday great to see him back excellent player. Hopefully our winning run continues the rest of the season. Mon the lieeee [emoji838] [emoji836] [emoji838] [emoji836]!!

Seemingly we have signed a new striker. Loan deal from Clyde.  He was at the Neilston game at the weekend.  I haven't seen any confirmation of this anywhere.  Any fellow Arthurlie fans heard anything?

Got told by a committee man that the lad has signed until the end of the season. He played two trial games with the black and white shite and scored three goals but Mr McInally did not rate him.

18 hours ago, Ihp said:

Seemingly we have signed a new striker. Loan deal from Clyde.  He was at the Neilston game at the weekend.  I haven't seen any confirmation of this anywhere.  Any fellow Arthurlie fans heard anything?

Got told by a committee man that the lad has signed until the end of the season. He played two trial games with the black and white shite and scored three goals but Mr McInally did not rate him.

Thanks mate.  Someone messaged me and said his name was Aaron Miller.  

Archived