Arthurlie 18/19 season.

1874_MTL

Glad you made a few quid Tombo.  Unfortunately i wasn't able to have a drink as i was designated driver but still enjoyed my day.   In all honesty i thought the penalty looked dodgy from where i was standing.  Hopefully your lads get a few victories and start climbing the table.  Even this early i think 2 of the relegation and promotion spots are all but decided and its going to be an almighty scramble to avoid one and win the other.  I can't see Kello or Larkhall getting too many points or the Bens or Glencairn losing many.  
Agree the league is split in two pretty early. One half chasing Glencairn and Benburb with I think Rossvale catching third spot, the other half looking to avoid relegation. we need to get a few more points on board pretty soon or we are going to be part of the dog fight at the bottom. Bottom two are only a couple of victories away from dragging another four teams into the mix. We need to beat Larkhall on Saturday and hope they can improve enough to unsettle the other teams about us.
T
Looking forward to my our trip to Dunterlie later in the season as it will be my first visit.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way too early to say for certain who will be in the promotion and relegation places. We have started very well, but we are very conscious that it could all collapse around us at any point. I remember Cambuslang Rangers starting the past two seasons like a steam train before hitting really dodgy spells in both seasons. There is a lot of football to be played and we are taking nothing for granted.

Way too early to say for certain who will be in the promotion and relegation places. We have started very well, but we are very conscious that it could all collapse around us at any point. I remember Cambuslang Rangers starting the past two seasons like a steam train before hitting really dodgy spells in both seasons. There is a lot of football to be played and we are taking nothing for granted.

Yet you constantly posted on that thread that they were certain league winners throughout the season ?

Ref had a nightmare today completely one-sided. Dont think the lie were that great today either not enough commitment to get back cost us the second goal. Not enough passing and moving either alot of the time we had players standing still and not looking to get on the ball. Hope we improve for the next week we were on a good run of wins hopefully back to the same. Mon the lieeee [emoji838] [emoji836] [emoji838] [emoji836]!!

Well done to Dundee Violet today, worthy winners, we were absolutely atrocious today. We defended poorly and were punished for it.................absolutely no qualms about the result. However a special mention goes out to the worst referee I have seen all season, the game was all about him and his ego.................embarrassing!

The ref was easily the worst I have seen in Junior football. An arrogant twat with no knowledge on how a game should be officiated.  We were poor but credit to Violet . They soaked up the pressure, hit quickly and skilfully on the break and thoroughly deserved their win.  Good luck to them in the next round.  For Arthurlie, it's not quite back to the drawing board, it's a wake up call. Still a lot of hard work to be done at Dunterlie yet. 

11 hours ago, Satori. said:

The ref was easily the worst I have seen in Junior football. An arrogant twat with no knowledge on how a game should be officiated.  We were poor but credit to Violet . They soaked up the pressure, hit quickly and skilfully on the break and thoroughly deserved their win.  Good luck to them in the next round.  For Arthurlie, it's not quite back to the drawing board, it's a wake up call. Still a lot of hard work to be done at Dunterlie yet. 

Would echo this. Back to the drawing board it is....!

I think the manager has to take a fair share of the blame. We had 2 midfielders on the bench but started with Barrowman in midfield. We came out at the start of the 2nd half poorly yet he didn’t try and change it and waited till almost 10 mins after the 3rd goal to make a change. Lastly, this isn’t the 1st time that we have lost goals by the opposition pinpointing Reynolds and Mushet with the ball in behind, yet we don’t adapt. Dunterlie isint the biggest surface it shouldn’t be that easy for teams to do that. If the manager doesn’t rate some of the players at his disposal the. He needs to let them go and bringing in players that he wants or play them. To be beaten 3-1 in the Scottish and only to make one change and no tactical changes (putting mushet up front with 5 to go was a joke) is not good enough. Let be honest we haven’t beaten any team of note in our league this season.

Yet again we wernt at our best this weekend but managed to take the 3 points. I thought with the early goal we would go on to score a few yesterday but it wasnt to be. I think we have to get the ball on the deck and play football alot more. when we show flashes of it in games we look really strong with teams struggling to hold us back. Definitely have to lift our game for the next two fixtures but currently sitting third is a good start to the season. Good to see lee back yesterday very hard worker in the midfield. I think we maybe need a couple of players still to be a really strong side in this league but getting results at the moment and long may it continue. Mon the lieeee [emoji838] [emoji836] [emoji838] [emoji836]!!

25 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Hows matt mclean doing for use? Is he getting a game?

He played the full 90 minutes yesterday, his first involvement for us since he arrived, and looked a good player, composed on the ball not scared to get wired in, he played left of a back three but I would like to see him left centre in a back four when Bradley is back.

He played the full 90 minutes yesterday, his first involvement for us since he arrived, and looked a good player, composed on the ball not scared to get wired in, he played left of a back three but I would like to see him left centre in a back four when Bradley is back.
Thats good he got 90 mins yesterday and hope he gets more minutes and experience of junior football for when he comes back 2 us. His long throw is a reall asset btw

Mon the papers

I think the manager has to take a fair share of the blame. We had 2 midfielders on the bench but started with Barrowman in midfield. We came out at the start of the 2nd half poorly yet he didn’t try and change it and waited till almost 10 mins after the 3rd goal to make a change. Lastly, this isn’t the 1st time that we have lost goals by the opposition pinpointing Reynolds and Mushet with the ball in behind, yet we don’t adapt. Dunterlie isint the biggest surface it shouldn’t be that easy for teams to do that. If the manager doesn’t rate some of the players at his disposal the. He needs to let them go and bringing in players that he wants or play them. To be beaten 3-1 in the Scottish and only to make one change and no tactical changes (putting mushet up front with 5 to go was a joke) is not good enough. Let be honest we haven’t beaten any team of note in our league this season.

How can he let players go and bring more in when any player of quality is signed until the end of the season?

• 3 weeks later...

Good result today could have been alot more if delivery was better. I thought jamie doc was excellent today held the ball up well. should have had his hat-trick was really unlucky not to get it. I think the decision making in the final third was poor at times. Were still missing that creative midfielder to controll the midfield but we have 2 good battlers in lee and tiger. Never the less another 3 points in the bag and hopefully the start of a win streak with a few tough games to come.

How can he let players go and bring more in when any player of quality is signed until the end of the season?

Only just seen your post. There are players available (he has already done a good job bringing in some during the season) but there are certain players that are not good enough that (IMO) he should be moving on. Sometimes you have to be creative to bring in better. I personally believe we are only 3/4 players away from giving ourselves a real shot at promotion.

Only just seen your post. There are players available (he has already done a good job bringing in some during the season) but there are certain players that are not good enough that (IMO) he should be moving on. Sometimes you have to be creative to bring in better. I personally believe we are only 3/4 players away from giving ourselves a real shot at promotion.

Everybody knows there are certain players not good enough... but when you start with 3 signed players and the manager is 3 months behind everybody is in starting to look for players what do you expect? Some players? He has brought it a full you team.. and to be were we are just now I think we are over achieving from we’re we were at the start... I agree 3/4 we need

3 hours ago, Bigjeffery said:

Everybody knows there are certain players not good enough... but when you start with 3 signed players and the manager is 3 months behind everybody is in starting to look for players what do you expect? Some players? He has brought it a full you team.. and to be were we are just now I think we are over achieving from we’re we were at the start... I agree 3/4 we need

I think most Arthurlie fans appreciate what the manager has done in the time he had available to build a squad.  Agree we need a few more players good enough to take us to the next level.  As much as there has been a massive improvement from last season i'm not sure how many of our present squad are good enough to play in the higher league.   We suffered horrifically last season with a  squad who were very poor.  Next season we can maybe start thinking of promotion but the squad is not ready for it yet.

Archived