Arthurlie 18/19 season.

1874_MTL

2 hours ago, john-m- said:

Would love to see the wee man back but I would doubt we could afford the fee required to get him 

Even if we could afford him. Do you think he would be willing to drop down a league?   I would have him back in a heartbeat but i can't see it.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 1874_MTL said:
2 hours ago, paul wright scores said:
Thankfully you are not the manager then.  I have already seen Arthurlie more times this season than I have the previous 3 or 4 years and I can see a continued improvement from the start of the season.   There is now a half decent squad and competition for places, and I think there will be continued improvements in the coming months. 
As Arthurlie1981 highlights Hall has been s a good addition, and I suspect Reid will be too (I only saw him as a substitute against Darvel, where he did fine), so I am surprised neither of them feature in your team. 
I am not convinced either with your defence - the only one I would play from your choice at present is Gummy, (assuming he is Bradley).   Hal had a good game on Saturday but currently I wouldn't play him at right back ahead of Reynolds. 
As for your comments about Jamie Doc, Cotter and Satori sum it up better than I could.   He does a lot of the unseen hard work, making runs and space for others.  I think we are a better team with him in it than not. 

I just dont see what jamie doc does tbh hes scored a few goals 

Aye, Kris Boyd never did much for Kilmarnock or Rangers as well, other than scoring a few goals.  Maybe Saturday wasn't his best game, but did you watch Jamie Doc against Darvel?

He had an excellent game, doing so much running and link play with others.  I'll go with the manager's decision to pick him thanks.

I had Jamie Doc at Maryhill and his football brain, movement and experience was a main factor in us staying up in my 1st season. He moved on and scored lots of goals last season for Renfrew and helped them get promoted, Top player, top trainer and great in the dressing room.

Aye, Kris Boyd never did much for Kilmarnock or Rangers as well, other than scoring a few goals.  Maybe Saturday wasn't his best game, but did you watch Jamie Doc against Darvel?
He had an excellent game, doing so much running and link play with others.  I'll go with the manager's decision to pick him thanks.
The full team against darvel were excellent im only saying up until now for me the guy hasnt been that good hes forever offside he cant pass a ball 10 yards and loses possession alot. I do hope he plays great the rest of the season and proves me wrong.

17 hours ago, 1874_MTL said:
18 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

The full team against darvel were excellent im only saying up until now for me the guy hasnt been that good hes forever offside he cant pass a ball 10 yards and loses possession alot. I do hope he plays great the rest of the season and proves me wrong.

Just aswell your not the manager then 

14 minutes ago, Carilly said:

Due to lack of game time I’m hearing 

He has been on the bench for the last couple of matches,tbh. He's a cracking wee player,& the Buffs' fans love his pace & energy! He's scored a couple of cracking goals too! Can see where  the wee man's coming from,& as I posted earlier,on another thread, Buffs' manager Strain's inconsistent tactics,starting line-ups,& formations baffle us Buffs supporters!!

1 hour ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

He has been on the bench for the last couple of matches,tbh. He's a cracking wee player,& the Buffs' fans love his pace & energy! He's scored a couple of cracking goals too! Can see where  the wee man's coming from,& as I posted earlier,on another thread, Buffs' manager Strain's inconsistent tactics,starting line-ups,& formations baffle us Buffs supporters!!

Exactly why he would be unhappy I guess 

On a good run recently, what’s changed down at Arthurlie from the stop start beginning to the season?
Less difficult run of games or playing better?

Bit of both really, plus we have a pretty settled team right now, who are playing some nice footy.

I admit to being a bit worried for most of the 1st half and felt we were fortunate to go in at half time holding a lead.  We really struggled to get going but the 2nd half we were much better . In the end we were well deserving of the 3 points.  Nice to see Doc and Slick in amongst the goals. 

With due respect to our last few opponents, i think we would have expected to win those games.  Dundee Violet and Rossvale are the next games. Let's see how we perform in them and use that as a guide to how far we have come.

I admit to being a bit worried for most of the 1st half and felt we were fortunate to go in at half time holding a lead.  We really struggled to get going but the 2nd half we were much better . In the end we were well deserving of the 3 points.  Nice to see Doc and Slick in amongst the goals. 
With due respect to our last few opponents, i think we would have expected to win those games.  Dundee Violet and Rossvale are the next games. Let's see how we perform in them and use that as a guide to how far we have come.
You don't play Rossvale till 17th November. It's Glencairn v Rossvale after the cup weekend.

31 minutes ago, glensmad said:
50 minutes ago, Satori. said:

You don't play Rossvale till 17th November. It's Glencairn v Rossvale after the cup weekend.

Cheers Glensmad.  I had forgotten we had Craigmark still to play before the Rossvale game.  Anyway my point is we can't really assess how we are doing until we come up against stronger opposition.  

Cheers Glensmad.  I had forgotten we had Craigmark still to play before the Rossvale game.  Anyway my point is we can't really assess how we are doing until we come up against stronger opposition.  

I agree, we need good results against the teams in the top half of the league. We have played the top two away from home so hopefully get something in the home games. The Rossvale game will be a good indication of how we are doing.

You have Craigmark and Cumbernauld to play before Rossvale.

Here the 4 game run in guys 

27th Dundee Violet at home (looking for a win)

3rd nov  Craigmark Burntonian at home (looking for a win) 

10th Nov Cumbernauld at home (looking for at least a draw) 

17th nov rossvale away ( a draw would suit me) 

7 minutes ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Here the 4 game run in guys 

27th Dundee Violet at home (looking for a win)

3rd nov  Craigmark Burntonian at home (looking for a win) 

10th Nov Cumbernauld at home (looking for at least a draw) 

17th nov rossvale away ( a draw would suit me) 

Cheers megaspinneret.   I agree with you a draw at home would be decent against Cumbernauld .   I think we should beat Violet although i don't know a lot about them.  We are on a wee bit of a roll at the moment and confidence has returned.  I still feel promotion is a step too far .  Long way to go but its looking good for the Bens and the Glens to occupy two of the promotion places with an almighty scramble for the remaining one.  

Fair assessment Satori. Someone else posted on another thread that you didn't start for the first 20 minutes and then it was all Arthurlie after that, which I totally disageed with. I thought we were unfortunate to be two goals down at halftime, your first shot on target was from the dubious penalty award after almost half an hour. I felt our equaliser was the least we deserved but we lost two sloppy goals in quicktime which basically killed the game for us.needed to score the first goal in the second half but unfortunately never looked like doing so and you guys ran out worthy winners.
Enjoyed the banter yesterday, you brought a good bunch down and they boosted the coffers in the clubhouse. Much appreciated.
T

20 hours ago, tombo said:

Fair assessment Satori. Someone else posted on another thread that you didn't start for the first 20 minutes and then it was all Arthurlie after that, which I totally disageed with. I thought we were unfortunate to be two goals down at halftime, your first shot on target was from the dubious penalty award after almost half an hour. I felt our equaliser was the least we deserved but we lost two sloppy goals in quicktime which basically killed the game for us.needed to score the first goal in the second half but unfortunately never looked like doing so and you guys ran out worthy winners.
Enjoyed the banter yesterday, you brought a good bunch down and they boosted the coffers in the clubhouse. Much appreciated.
T

Glad you made a few quid Tombo.  Unfortunately i wasn't able to have a drink as i was designated driver but still enjoyed my day.   In all honesty i thought the penalty looked dodgy from where i was standing.  Hopefully your lads get a few victories and start climbing the table.  Even this early i think 2 of the relegation and promotion spots are all but decided and its going to be an almighty scramble to avoid one and win the other.  I can't see Kello or Larkhall getting too many points or the Bens or Glencairn losing many.  

Archived