Arthurlie 18/19 season.

1874_MTL

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

A good win after a very poor start. Starting to gel now i feel.  Very  poor opposition today.  Larkhall will need a miracle to survive. A young looking team but totally devoid of confidence.  Taking a pasting every week wont help these lads. 

A run of games coming up for us that give us a great chance to climb the league.

A good win after a very poor start. Starting to gel now i feel.  Very  poor opposition today.  Larkhall will need a miracle to survive. A young looking team but totally devoid of confidence.  Taking a pasting every week wont help these lads. 
A run of games coming up for us that give us a great chance to climb the league.
We will not survive in this league,going down is the best way forward for the club,also it has given the players a chance at this level and should hold them in good stead for league 1 and that is not me being negative,just honest as I always do

We will not survive in this league,going down is the best way forward for the club,also it has given the players a chance at this level and should hold them in good stead for league 1 and that is not me being negative,just honest as I always do

Credit to the young Larkhall players, they get the head down and keep playing. A lot of teams would lose their discipline, but they keep the head. Hopefully it will click soon and they can enjoy their football again.

• 3 weeks later...

4 wins on the trot now. I dont think were playing to the best of our ability yet grinding out some results but the 3 points is the main thing. I think when we play the ball on the ground we look really good. We are missing some excellent chances which will punish us when we play better teams but i think the team can finish top 6 quiet comfortably and push on for promotion next season. Still need a few decent players a creative midfielder and a decent striker but overall i think we have a decent squad. Hopefully we can continue our win streak at the vics next weekend. Mon the lieeee [emoji838] [emoji836] [emoji838] [emoji836]!!!

I agree with your point about not taking our chances. We could have had a few more yesterday. To be fair i thought it was a really good game and both teams were well and truly up for it.  We now have a team full of players willing to fight for the jersey unlike last season.  I think we have good strikers in Slick, Docherty and Barrowman.  We have a bit of competition in midfield and defensively we showed a big improvement yesterday.  As you say a top 6 finish is a distinct possibility with promotion a step too far this season.  I've enjoyed the start to our season .  Long may it continue.

I agree with your point about not taking our chances. We could have had a few more yesterday. To be fair i thought it was a really good game and both teams were well and truly up for it.  We now have a team full of players willing to fight for the jersey unlike last season.  I think we have good strikers in Slick, Docherty and Barrowman.  We have a bit of competition in midfield and defensively we showed a big improvement yesterday.  As you say a top 6 finish is a distinct possibility with promotion a step too far this season.  I've enjoyed the start to our season .  Long may it continue.
Personally i dont see what jamie doc has to offer hees slow makes bad decisions cant hold the ball up cant pass a ball 10 yards and is forever offside, barrowman i have to see a bit more of, and slick works hard can get goals but i think he makes some bad decisions alot of the time. What do you think our best starting 11 is and do you think we are playing the correct formation in a 3-5-2?

Personally i dont see what jamie doc has to offer hees slow makes bad decisions cant hold the ball up cant pass a ball 10 yards and is forever offside, barrowman i have to see a bit more of, and slick works hard can get goals but i think he makes some bad decisions alot of the time. What do you think our best starting 11 is and do you think we are playing the correct formation in a 3-5-2?

I agree. Don’t think everything is as rosy as satori portrays it. We have been and still are poor at the back and concede too many stupid goals. Midfield has got 3 good starters in it but not a lot of back up and I agree with you regarding the strikers.

We are grinding out results and that’s great but I think with 3 or 4 more additions to the squad we could push on for promotion if not then I think mid table is where we will end up.

Cmon the Lie.

I personally think the squad is coming together quite nicely the defense is starting to form a bit of shape with Reynolds Mushett Molloy and Bradley all proving to be an asset to the club especially Bradley and Mushett starting to show his leadership credentials in the team but I think another centre-half would be a great asset to half alongside the ones we have I also think the midfield is starting to take shape with the hall Payne and David Reid and Bohme and McNab  with the boy Reid being a major improvement since he arrived from Cumbernauld but I feel we need to also find a ball winning midfielder would help spread the ball out to the wingers and we got marks and Docherty who have good scoring records to there name but starting to come on a bit in age but can still do you a job and get you goals  and I think Barrowman need game time before you can actual asses who his abilities are so I think bring in another striker could be a benefit to the team 

I think promotion this year will be too much for the club to handle this year for the super premiership but would happily finish about 6-9 this year but seeing the foundation placed for a promotion winning team for next year  

Arthurlie are going about their business quietly and effectively. Fifth place in the league and only three points behind the promotion places, although they've played a game more.

The two boys you've signed from Glencairn (Del McNab and Stewart Hall) are both really good players and good guys in the changing room, both have a really good attitude.

I personally think the squad is coming together quite nicely the defense is starting to form a bit of shape with Reynolds Mushett Molloy and Bradley all proving to be an asset to the club especially Bradley and Mushett starting to show his leadership credentials in the team but I think another centre-half would be a great asset to half alongside the ones we have I also think the midfield is starting to take shape with the hall Payne and David Reid and Bohme and McNab  with the boy Reid being a major improvement since he arrived from Cumbernauld but I feel we need to also find a ball winning midfielder would help spread the ball out to the wingers and we got marks and Docherty who have good scoring records to there name but starting to come on a bit in age but can still do you a job and get you goals  and I think Barrowman need game time before you can actual asses who his abilities are so I think bring in another striker could be a benefit to the team 
I think promotion this year will be too much for the club to handle this year for the super premiership but would happily finish about 6-9 this year but seeing the foundation placed for a promotion winning team for next year  
They have tony etherson at the back aswell he is injured just now but an excellent cb along with mushet comfortable on the ball and winning it in the air. I think we need a young fast striker who can put the ball in the net but i think we have some improving to do. I personally think we should play a 4-1-4-1
Jiro
Hal Etherson Mushet Gummy
Tiger
Hoff Lee Del Jamie grey
Slick

With the current squad that for me is the best starting 11.

14 hours ago, 1874_MTL said:

They have tony etherson at the back aswell he is injured just now but an excellent cb along with mushet comfortable on the ball and winning it in the air. I think we need a young fast striker who can put the ball in the net but i think we have some improving to do. I personally think we should play a 4-1-4-1
Jiro
Tiger
Hoff Lee Del Jamie grey
Slick

Im sorry but that back 4 has absolutely nothing going for it .  Tony and Mushy aren't the quickest.  Young Gummy has been our best signing by a long way.  Hal had his best game for Arthurlie at the weekend playing in the middle .  A bit like the manager , im still not sure of our best starting 11.  As Cotter says, Jamie has a good football brain on him. Im not saying we could't have better strikers than we have but at the moment im quite happy with what we have at our disposal.  

To the point made about me making things look rosy. I said we looked stronger defensively at the weekend ,which we did. We have a bit of competition in midfield which we have. In my opinion these are basic facts. I am not going overboard. Of course there is room for improvement and i agree another 3 or 4 good additions are required for us to be promotion candidates.  Baby steps are what we are taking at the moment but what an improvement to last seasons impostors. 

As bad as the weather was i saw a few old faces under the shed who haven't been attending for a while.  Hopefully they enjoyed what they were watching and start coming a bit more regularly.

Jiro
Tiger
Hoff Lee Del Jamie grey
Slick

So you wouldn’t play Hall who has been our most consistent performer over the last 3 games? Why no Reid who has looked better than Jamie Grey (who I am a fan of but has gone off the boil?

We are better with a back 3 (the Whittlets games showed why) but the issue for me is that if you are going to play Mushet you need a more mobile centre half than Reynolds has shown to be.

There are definitely more promising signs than earlier in the season, but that said a test comes of where we are when we visit Rossvale in a few weeks.

5 minutes ago, Carilly said:

Hearing squib is unhappy at Kilwinning no chance of a return to dunterlie??? 

Would love to see the wee man back but I would doubt we could afford the fee required to get him 

16 hours ago, 1874_MTL said:

Jiro
Tiger
Hoff Lee Del Jamie grey
Slick

Thankfully you are not the manager then.  I have already seen Arthurlie more times this season than I have the previous 3 or 4 years and I can see a continued improvement from the start of the season.   There is now a half decent squad and competition for places, and I think there will be continued improvements in the coming months. 

As Arthurlie1981 highlights Hall has been s a good addition, and I suspect Reid will be too (I only saw him as a substitute against Darvel, where he did fine), so I am surprised neither of them feature in your team. 

I am not convinced either with your defence - the only one I would play from your choice at present is Gummy, (assuming he is Bradley).   Hal had a good game on Saturday but currently I wouldn't play him at right back ahead of Reynolds. 

As for your comments about Jamie Doc, Cotter and Satori sum it up better than I could.   He does a lot of the unseen hard work, making runs and space for others.  I think we are a better team with him in it than not. 

Thankfully you are not the manager then.  I have already seen Arthurlie more times this season than I have the previous 3 or 4 years and I can see a continued improvement from the start of the season.   There is now a half decent squad and competition for places, and I think there will be continued improvements in the coming months. 
As Arthurlie1981 highlights Hall has been s a good addition, and I suspect Reid will be too (I only saw him as a substitute against Darvel, where he did fine), so I am surprised neither of them feature in your team. 
I am not convinced either with your defence - the only one I would play from your choice at present is Gummy, (assuming he is Bradley).   Hal had a good game on Saturday but currently I wouldn't play him at right back ahead of Reynolds. 
As for your comments about Jamie Doc, Cotter and Satori sum it up better than I could.   He does a lot of the unseen hard work, making runs and space for others.  I think we are a better team with him in it than not. 

I just dont see what jamie doc does tbh hes scored a few goals but other than that he gives the ball away alot. Hall and reid is that the blonde in cm and the boy div that plays lb/lm? I thought our defence at the start of the season with 4 at the back in the sectional looked much stronger but the team are doing well just now and i have trust in the manager takin us back to the Premier league.

Archived