Arthurlie 18/19 season.

1874_MTL

Pure and simple, like I would imagine every other team is aspiring to. one of the promotion places.

Of course that would be great, but you need to be realistic it’s basically a brand new team. The management got the job late so most players were signed up.. I would say top half table finish is realistic then get more players in next season for a promotion push

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three teams go up I think, so a promotion push would be great, I fancy Glencairn, Cumbernauld and Darvel to be up there. But would be happy with a top half finish and push on next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Arthurlie 6 v 1  St. Rochs.  Some start for the Lie.  Due to work commitments i haven't seen the new look side yet but hope to get up in the next few weeks.  Few would have predicted that result especially Combineharvester.  I haven't heard too much about the game.  Were the Lie that good or the Candy very poor ?  

Which of the new signings look as if they can make a real impact?   I know it's only one game but are we feeling reasonably confident of having a decent season.

1 hour ago, Satori. said:

Arthurlie 6 v 1  St. Rochs.  Some start for the Lie.  Due to work commitments i haven't seen the new look side yet but hope to get up in the next few weeks.  Few would have predicted that result especially Combineharvester.  I haven't heard too much about the game.  Were the Lie that good or the Candy very poor ?  

Which of the new signings look as if they can make a real impact?   I know it's only one game but are we feeling reasonably confident of having a decent season.

Was honestly so shocked with result  

candy usually very street wise team and very attacking minded 

and wat a seen from the wed nite lie were very shakey at back 

but fair play to them proved a lot of doubters wrong probably even proved some of there own fans wrong 

very decent result 

From a candy point of view

We started the game well and after scoring we were comfortable until some kamakazi defending for the equaliser and the penalty .

In the second half we could have conceded more than 6 if big starky had not made some brilliant saves as absolutely collapsed as a team which we don't do very often the last time was when Wishaw thumped us early last season .

All that said Arthurlie punished every mistake we made and looked very good up top so well done on a well deserved victory

4 hours ago, Satori. said:

Think I've been to more Arthurlie games over the past 2 seasons than you have Satori......2!!!

Been to far more than that but I've got this thing called a job. Look it up in the dictionary. Unfortunately i have to work, that should be in the same dictionary, Sometimes you need to prioritise ,look it up in,  ach never mind. You get my point which is something i didn't get from your post.

12 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Was honestly so shocked with result  

candy usually very street wise team and very attacking minded 

and wat a seen from the wed nite lie were very shakey at back 

but fair play to them proved a lot of doubters wrong probably even proved some of there own fans wrong 

very decent result 

To be fair mate i know many Arthurlie fans thought we would get pumped too. I also heard Neilston should have beaten us quite easily too so i was very surprised when i saw this result. 

11 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

From a candy point of view

We started the game well and after scoring we were comfortable until some kamakazi defending for the equaliser and the penalty .

In the second half we could have conceded more than 6 if big starky had not made some brilliant saves as absolutely collapsed as a team which we don't do very often the last time was when Wishaw thumped us early last season .

All that said Arthurlie punished every mistake we made and looked very good up top so well done on a well deserved victory

I phoned my cousin when he was at the game.  There was about 20 minutes gone and the Candy were 1-0 up.   He confirmed what you said.    He reckoned it was only a matter of how many for St. Rochs.   That is why i was so surprised when i heard the final score.   Anyway its only 1 game and im sure you will bounce back just as im sure Arthurlie will have some lapses during the season.    Good luck to St. Rochs, they are a cracking club. 

• 2 weeks later...

The lads played well yesterday especially in the first half. Took the foot off the gas in the second but held it out for a comfortable win. Hopefully they continue to improve and can get a result away to rutherglen. Mon the lieeee [emoji838] [emoji836] [emoji838] [emoji836]!!

10 minutes ago, 1874_MTL said:

The lads played well yesterday especially in the first half. Took the foot off the gas in the second but held it out for a comfortable win. Hopefully they continue to improve and can get a result away to rutherglen. Mon the lieeee emoji838.pngemoji836.pngemoji838.pngemoji836.png!!

A hard game v Rutherglen. 

I will have Rutherglen on my coupon.

On 21/07/2018 at 11:17, iaind said:

Three teams go up I think, so a promotion push would be great, I fancy Glencairn, Cumbernauld and Darvel to be up there. But would be happy with a top half finish and push on next season.

Darvel??

You want to rethink that one!

1 hour ago, 1874_MTL said:

The lads played well yesterday especially in the first half. Took the foot off the gas in the second but held it out for a comfortable win. Hopefully they continue to improve and can get a result away to rutherglen. Mon the lieeee emoji838.pngemoji836.pngemoji838.pngemoji836.png!!

My  1st game this season and to be honest im not too sure what to make of it. No doubt Arthurlie deserved the victory and could well have scored more but a very poor Girvan team contributed massively to their own downfall.  I haven't seen any of the teams in our league so far but i reckon the vast majority will be streets better than Girvan and Arthurlie need to step it up to compete against them. I liked the guy Molloy in midfield, the young guy Bradley looks a real prospect at the back, Docherty is a handful although wasn't on the scoresheet. Im happy to see Wilson has improved from last season and hopefully will continue to do so .  

As i say i haven't seen much this season but im certain if Arthurlie play like that next week they won't take anything at The Glens.  Big Gary Smith will take great delight in putting us to the sword as will the other ex Lie players. 

4 hours ago, Satori. said:

...Big Gary Smith will take great delight in putting us to the sword as will the other ex Lie players. 

Arthurlie have plenty of former Glencairn players who will be looking to do the same.

Archived