Arthurlie 18/19 season.

1874_MTL

By the sound of it Glencairn have made some good singings, and for me could be early favourites, I know it’s early but I think you are looking good.
Fingers crossed, but one game at a time.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/06/2018 at 09:20, Arthurlie1981 said:

I didn’t excuse them from criticism. When I said that last seasons team is the worst Arthurlie in my lifetime i am talking about the collective. Basing on what I saw over the whole season, in Mick’s case prior to your arrival and the previous season in Chizzys case, that is what I based my comment in.

I am disappointed that Mick is on the transfer list and those that want to stay that’s there good for them. I’m not going to get into a slagging match with you over this. I made my point and stand by it.

The best way to show that I was wrong is to go out on the park and show me that you are better than you were last season. If you do that I will be happy because we should then be having a good season!!

Good luck to you next season and I will be standing in my usual spot at Dunterlie next season as I have for the past 20 odd years.

The boy Hal has it  in him to be a very good player at junior level. I saw him on at least 5 occasions for Cambuslang and was really surprised they let him go. He is a strong lad with plenty of pace and importantly a big heart.  If you get him fit he will be an asset for Arthurlie. 

12 hours ago, Viewparker said:

The boy Hal has it  in him to be a very good player at junior level. I saw him on at least 5 occasions for Cambuslang and was really surprised they let him go. He is a strong lad with plenty of pace and importantly a big heart.  If you get him fit he will be an asset for Arthurlie. 

To be fair to the boy , anyone could see he was being played out of position and wasn't comfortable but you could also see there is a player in him. Ogilvie did the big guy no favours and seemed to be on his back quite often. Im sure Hal will flourish under the new manager.  Still stand by what i said about the other two though. Hopefully i am proved totally wrong.

To be fair to the boy , anyone could see he was being played out of position and wasn't comfortable but you could also see there is a player in him. Ogilvie did the big guy no favours and seemed to be on his back quite often. Im sure Hal will flourish under the new manager.  Still stand by what i said about the other two though. Hopefully i am proved totally wrong.

What is Hal’s preferred postion?

Where did Arthurlie play him? 
In my opinion he is a very good right back, although I saw him play really well as a wing back. 

He played everywhere but upfront and in goals I think. Not consistently in one position, I did feel for him as you could see him getting more frustrated by the game. I glad he stayed, he can be a big player for us.

4 minutes ago, iaind said:

He played everywhere but upfront and in goals I think. Not consistently in one position, I did feel for him as you could see him getting more frustrated by the game. I glad he stayed, he can be a big player for us.

I really hope he had a good year. Good luck to him and your team except when your playing mine. 

1 hour ago, iaind said:

What is Hal’s preferred postion?

To be fair im not sure.   Ogilvie played him in a few positions. He did play right back V Medda but got slaughtered. He got no help whatsoever from anyone in front of him and was constantly left exposed.  Personally i think he would do a great job centre mid.  Big strong lad with power and a good engine.   Whatever happens im sure the new manager will know where to play him to get the best out of him.

To be fair im not sure.   Ogilvie played him in a few positions. He did play right back V Medda but got slaughtered. He got no help whatsoever from anyone in front of him and was constantly left exposed.  Personally i think he would do a great job centre mid.  Big strong lad with power and a good engine.   Whatever happens im sure the new manager will know where to play him to get the best out of him.

I thought he was a centre mid when he came, he should get a fair chance with the new manager.

Just read through the thread there. Have to admit I’m laughing away. It started off all “woe is us” until Hal chipped in. Suddenly he was hard done by by the manager. Imagine Wilson and O’Halloran had also posted giving you a row? You’d all be saying you’ve got a good nucleus at the start of the season.

Either way I hope it goes well for you. Always liked Arthurlie.

Just read through the thread there. Have to admit I’m laughing away. It started off all “woe is us” until Hal chipped in. Suddenly he was hard done by by the manager. Imagine Wilson and O’Halloran had also posted giving you a row? You’d all be saying you’ve got a good nucleus at the start of the season.
Either way I hope it goes well for you. Always liked Arthurlie.

It was hard to judge any player in that team last season, and I would never slag a player off on here. They need all the support they can get, hopefully they can compete and give us a good season.

Archived