Arthurlie 18/19 season.

1874_MTL

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many players are still there 3, 4 ?
Staying in the league would be an achievement considering we're behind every other side in terms of signings.
Iv heard there are 4 atleast from last season still there 3 new players and i know of 2 on trial.

4 from last season?  Not a good start in my opinion. All the decent players from last season have departed.  I doubt very much we will figure in a promotion battle.  Consolidation will do for me to be honest after last season's debacle.  

I dont know who they are but i have faith in the new manager to create a squad good enough to bring them up!

The players left over (as I understand it) are

Mick Daly (on the transfer list)
Jordan Chisholm
Mickey Wilson
Dom OHalloran
Hal Bohmme

Other than the 1st two who have good experience and served us well in the past, the rest were extremely poor last season.

The manager will have to put all that experience to the test. I agree with other I think consolidation should be the aim and if we can push on then great. But get off to a poor start and all the negativity surrounding the club at the moment will come to the fore.

I know the diehards will be there but we have to put something good on the park to bring others back.

I admire your faith and positivity but I think for many fans (myself included) a lot of it was sucked out of us last season watching the worst Arthurlie team in my (and many others) lifetime.

Jordan Chisholm
Mickey Wilson
Dom OHalloran
Hal Bohmme

Other than the 1st two who have good experience and served us well in the past, the rest were extremely poor last season.

The manager will have to put all that experience to the test. I agree with other I think consolidation should be the aim and if we can push on then great. But get off to a poor start and all the negativity surrounding the club at the moment will come to the fore.

I know the diehards will be there but we have to put something good on the park to bring others back.

I admire your faith and positivity but I think for many fans (myself included) a lot of it was sucked out of us last season watching the worst Arthurlie team in my (and many others) lifetime.
Keep positive!! We need barrhead boys to bring in some more support and it should meen more to them playing for there local team. I know of 2 lads on trial that are from barrhead they are good players but i also know they have other options so arthurlie need to tie them down and quick.

Jordan Chisholm
Mickey Wilson
Dom OHalloran
Hal Bohmme

Never thought I’d be posting on this but feel like I should after reading this.
You mentioned 5 players there including me that have stayed, two you have excused from criticism? (Who were there from start of season)
U do realise the other 3 have actually decided to stay at the moment and do our best for the club?
I joined in January and played every single outfield position and played through injury cos there wasn’t enough players to start games some weeks with only 7 -10 people bothering to be at training most being 16-20 year olds from boys clubs or the 21s it was an actual joke. Inside to out.
So to make the decision to stay and help the club and not just ask to go on transfer list and bail a sinking ship should be meriting a bit more respect from people who support the club.

another poster - Satori - says that all decent players have left?? Some way to get behind the boys who have stayed.. positive support there.

You mentioned 5 players there including me that have stayed, two you have excused from criticism? (Who were there from start of season)
U do realise the other 3 have actually decided to stay at the moment and do our best for the club?
I joined in January and played every single outfield position and played through injury cos there wasn’t enough players to start games some weeks with only 7 -10 people bothering to be at training most being 16-20 year olds from boys clubs or the 21s it was an actual joke. Inside to out.
So to make the decision to stay and help the club and not just ask to go on transfer list and bail a sinking ship should be meriting a bit more respect from people who support the club.

another poster - Satori - says that all decent players have left?? Some way to get behind the boys who have stayed.. positive support there.

I think you've probably took a risk staying at the club and think you deserve praise for doing so and i hope you can stay injury free and have a good season at dunterlie in the position you are ment to play. Keep the heads up no matter how hard it might get and i hope at the end ofthe season we are fighting for promotion. Mon the lieeee [emoji838] [emoji836] [emoji838] [emoji836]!!

I didn’t excuse them from criticism. When I said that last seasons team is the worst Arthurlie in my lifetime i am talking about the collective. Basing on what I saw over the whole season, in Mick’s case prior to your arrival and the previous season in Chizzys case, that is what I based my comment in.

I am disappointed that Mick is on the transfer list and those that want to stay that’s there good for them. I’m not going to get into a slagging match with you over this. I made my point and stand by it.

The best way to show that I was wrong is to go out on the park and show me that you are better than you were last season. If you do that I will be happy because we should then be having a good season!!

Good luck to you next season and I will be standing in my usual spot at Dunterlie next season as I have for the past 20 odd years.

11 hours ago, Hal93 said:

In my opinion all the decent players did leave.  You were like a fish out of water most games i saw you in.  It was obvious you weren't in your favoured position.  You deserve the chance to prove yourself.  Daly wants away,, I don't believe Chisholm is interested and the other 2 aren't good enough.   You played with them last season and you must have seen what the rest of us saw.  

If they are staying it's because nobody else is daft enough to sign them not because they have feelings for Arthurlie. 

How do you rate him?
Del is a reliable player who can play on either wing or up front. He's a hard worker and will score a few goals each season. He's not the most spectacular player but he's fairly consistent and just about always available for selection. Del wasn't offered a new deal at Glencairn, probably a natural casualty of the signings which we have brought in.

Del is a reliable player who can play on either wing or up front. He's a hard worker and will score a few goals each season. He's not the most spectacular player but he's fairly consistent and just about always available for selection. Del wasn't offered a new deal at Glencairn, probably a natural casualty of the signings which we have brought in.

Sounds like what we need right now, solid reliable player that know the juniors with a mix of youngsters.

Sounds like what we need right now, solid reliable player that know the juniors with a mix of youngsters.
Del would be a decent signing for Arthurlie, he's not a superstar but he has a very good attitude, will run all day for you and can do a more than decent job in a number of positions. A few of our supporters were surprised that we let Del go, but we had signed Esplin, Simeon, Porter and Mitchell to add to Fraser, Leyden, McGuire and McArdle as our midfield options, so somebody was bound to be a casualty in that department. That turned out to be McNab and McCall.

Del would be a decent signing for Arthurlie, he's not a superstar but he has a very good attitude, will run all day for you and can do a more than decent job in a number of positions. A few of our supporters were surprised that we let Del go, but we had signed Esplin, Simeon, Porter and Mitchell to add to Fraser, Leyden, McGuire and McArdle as our midfield options, so somebody was bound to be a casualty in that department. That turned out to be McNab and McCall.

By the sound of it Glencairn have made some good singings, and for me could be early favourites, I know it’s early but I think you are looking good.

Archived