How did you meet your friends and/or partners?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My missus worked in the same place as me when we got together, but in a completely different area so any interaction between us had been minimal.

One Friday a few of us been up to the hospital to see a mate's wife who had just had a kid and had gone out directly from Yorkhill to wet its head. Meanwhile, my good lady had been on a works' do, so we were both in a similarly alcoholically disadvantaged state when we got talking at the bar at the Solid Rock and discovered we got on great.

I remember a comedian (Ed Byrne maybe) doing a routine about how remarkable it is a significant proportion of people make the most important decision of their life - who they're going to spend it with - in a state where you wouldn't trust yourself to successfully go out and buy a toaster.

7 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I remember a comedian (Ed Byrne maybe) doing a routine about how remarkable it is a significant proportion of people make the most important decision of their life - who they're going to spend it with - in a state where you wouldn't trust yourself to successfully go out and buy a toaster.

Who gets pished the morning of their wedding?

18 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Who was the poster who posted about having a 16 year old girlfriend when he was in his 30s? Look forward to his contribution on this thread.

Turboshandy. And he never posted again.

It was Turboshandy, who actually told the story in a bragging sort of way.

After the nonce was rightly slaughtered for it, he attempted to defend his actions before disappearing for good.

The wife was an internet friend of my then-girlfriend. She came over to visit with a friend, who then hooked up with my girlfriend, the cheating mare. I got left alone with the wife, who was more interesting than the woman I was used to, so we got close and then she ruptured one of my internal organs. Pretty standard stuff.

Met her in a pub and chatted briefly, nothing major. 2 months later she messaged me on Facebook and we took off from there. Now living together.

Same group of mates since I was 14.

On 02/07/2018 at 03:08, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The wife was an internet friend of my then-girlfriend. She came over to visit with a friend, who then hooked up with my girlfriend, the cheating mare. I got left alone with the wife, who was more interesting than the woman I was used to, so we got close and then she ruptured one of my internal organs. Pretty standard stuff.

tenor.gif

Piture the scene.

1975, guys on one side of disco, girls on one side off room. Us guys on the other looking cool, even smoking and with your half  bottle of wine.

Some Girl came over and said She wants to go out with you.

I looked, thought yes I know her, she's nice.

Walked over and said do you want to dance?

Yes was the answer and we went on to date and then got married 3 years later.

Only thing is it was the girl beside her wanted to meet me.

We ended up getting divorced so maybe  if  I had went to the right Girl ....

Though no regrets.

Met my ex-wife at a rock concert in Kelvingrove Park in 1994. Got married 1995, I left her 2005, divorced 2006.

Met my last gf in 2007 on a bus. She was with a friend of mine & we got to know each other for a few months before we started going out. With her for nine years before breaking up after a blazing row on my birthday two years ago. Still miss her but c'est la f***in vie!!!!

On 02/07/2018 at 03:08, BigFatTabbyDave said:

A bit of pegging gone wrong, was it?

Archived