How did you meet your friends and/or partners?

Asked my (now) missus out in January 1990, got engaged in April, married in August. Still together nearly 28 years later. We met doing voluntary work in Bristol, living with people with learning disabilities. Both still involved in health and social care and support and bickering on a daily basis...   

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolutely not.

I think you seem a guid c**t, Miguel.
I have a lot of very good friends but most I’ll go weeks without seeing. Most days I won’t see anyone from finishing work until I go in the next day. There’s pros and cons of this in my experience.

1 hour ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Does the speedy wedding does explain your username ?

:lol: No, I paid attention in biology class so I know how carpetmonsters happen. Still only dogs in Shotgun Manor.

A friend got married in London but I was one of only two Scottish pals who made it down so he had a second reception up here.  I had agreed to drive three friends to this second reception and one of them asked if a female friend could squeeze in.  I said yes, the other three pulled out for different reasons and so I met my future wife for the first time alone in my car.  I have to say that I'd spoken to her on the phone to say she could get a lift and the phone call lasted an hour or more so we had actually "clicked" mentally before confirming the attraction physically.

As for friends, I'm a bit of a social butterfly with lots of casual friends but no best mate.

Met my present partner 20 years ago ( I call her my present partner just to keep her on her toes) in a chippy in Fife. She actually owned the chippy and I very quickly fell in love with her fish suppers and mushy peas. Persuaded her to pursue an alternative career after a short courtship - much as I like the smell of fish and chips I wasn't too happy sleeping with it.   

Hadleys-fish-and-chips.jpg

Workmate of nearly 13 years finally retired (70 years old, male). Was replaced with attractive (and significantly younger:)) female member of staff, who I had met a couple of times before and thought 'Oh - she's nice'.

My previous relationship had recently broken up, so asked the nice new girl out for a date a few weeks later.

Celebrated our (official) 9th anniversary 2 weeks ago. Still love her to bits. Who says office romances never work out?

Best mates are still folk I was at school with or in the scouts with in the late '60's early '70's

Met my current bitch in a pub watching football. Start as you mean to go on and at least she can't moan about me going to the pub to watch football, as some bitches previouly have.

Majority of my close mates are slightly older and met during various escapades at football, partying and all the usual shite. Workmates are exactly that and i like to keep them at arms length, less they know about my goings on the better :lol: Schoolmates? Still friendly with loads but more like acquaintances now.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Met my current bitch in a pub watching football. Start as you mean to go on and at least she can't moan about me going to the pub to watch football, as some bitches previouly have.

Majority of my close mates are slightly older and met during various escapades at football, partying and all the usual shite. Workmates are exactly that and i like to keep them at arms length, less they know about my goings on the better :lol: Schoolmates? Still friendly with loads but more like acquaintances now.

Anyone who refers to any female as a bitch deserves to end up a sad middle-aged loner.  I reckon that’s where you’re heading.

11 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Met my present partner 20 years ago ( I call her my present partner just to keep her on her toes) in a chippy in Fife. She actually owned the chippy and I very quickly fell in love with her fish suppers and mushy peas. Persuaded her to pursue an alternative career after a short courtship - much as I like the smell of fish and chips I wasn't too happy sleeping with it.   

Hadleys-fish-and-chips.jpg

Does she like her job in the abattoir?

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyone who refers to any female as a bitch deserves to end up a sad middle-aged loner.  I reckon that’s where you’re heading.

:whistle

On 4/8/2013 at 13:31, Granny Danger said:

A horrible, anti-social bitch.

:o

On 6/5/2013 at 22:27, Granny Danger said:

Yeah, imagine a bride wanting to enjoy her wedding day! Selfish bitch. :angry:

:blink:

On 2/9/2017 at 20:01, Granny Danger said:

The despicable bitch!  I hope they flog her within an inch of her life before sending her back.

:shutup

On 4/23/2017 at 19:14, Granny Danger said:

There will be enough support from all sides to get the centrist elected and keep the fascist bitch out.

:unsure2:

On 6/19/2018 at 11:55, Granny Danger said:

Her actions, or rather lack of actions, following the Grenfell disaster made her look like a heartless bitch.

:wacko:

'Progressive' in virtue-signalling pearl clutch in 'do as I say don't do as I do' shocker :lol:

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

that’s a complete telt to old man danger, the dottery old racist that he is. 

:whistle

On 6/5/2018 at 19:25, ali_91 said:

Scotland is too white. 

:shutup

Archived