West Region SJFA Sectional League Cup

Kennie

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Not arguing that but all I am saying is that the Sectional/Pre Season Friendly Cup Unless You Win it dates could have been used for league games and we could have retained a KO cup for the spring.

I tend to agree, and I was very surprised that the Sectional was retained and the late season League Cups scrapped instead of the other way round. I always felt the late season League Cups kept teams in with a wee chance of silverware late in the season and broke up the league schedule a bit. Now if teams go out of the Scottish and the West Cups in the early rounds (as many lower league teams will do) then all they will have to look forward to is league matches for the rest of the season.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be a few shocks next week when some of the section winners find out the next round is be being played 40/50 miles away. I'm guessing some of the delegates at the West Region meeting didn't bother reporting back to other committee members going by the conversations i've had the last couple of weeks.

Eh, all in league cup ties?

Nah, it's the Central Sectional League Cup!!!

As said to me this week at a friendly game.

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

I tend to agree, and I was very surprised that the Sectional was retained and the late season League Cups scrapped instead of the other way round. I always felt the late season League Cups kept teams in with a wee chance of silverware late in the season and broke up the league schedule a bit. Now if teams go out of the Scottish and the West Cups in the early rounds (as many lower league teams will do) then all they will have to look forward to is league matches for the rest of the season.

I suggest you ask the Club representatives who voted for such at the West A.G.M. as it was their decision and no-one else's.

7 minutes ago, Chis said:

I suggest you ask the Club representatives who voted for such at the West A.G.M. as it was their decision and no-one else's.

We all know that the clubs voted for it, but that doesn't stop me having an opinion that is different to what was decided.

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

I would much rather play a final in Oct/Nov than the middle of June(as it has been in previous years)Our recent final against Pollok we were down to the bare bones after a long hard season, ended up with a couple of serious injuries and had 3 weeks break before back to pre season,yes had the Central league Cup been kept at the expense of the Sectional no doubt the final would have been played earlier,however I still think the sectional allows teams to get up to speed prior to the league campaign and without it when would the first competitive final be May?As you say its all about opinions .

At the AGM the clubs were given the choice to vote in the new structure (with or without Johnstone Burgh's amendment) or keep the existing one as noone proposed any other alternative.

2 hours ago, ex-german exile said:
12 hours ago, Chis said:

At the AGM the clubs were given the choice to vote in the new structure (with or without Johnstone Burgh's amendment) or keep the existing one as noone proposed any other alternative.

Where you at the meeting?

I notice that, of the 31 Sectional League Cup ties being played tonight and tomorrow, only 9 of them have assistant referees allocated.

Does anybody know the reason for this ? In the past all Super League teams (Premier or Division One) at home were automatically assigned assistant referees regardless of the opposition, unless there is a shortage of officials for whatever reason.  That means that in previous seasons there were at least 13 matches covered by assistant referees on a full fixture card.

There are 16 Premiership or Championship sides at home tomorrow, and only 9 of them have assistant referees allocated.

Similarly, we have no assistant referees allocated for our home game on Monday night either.

I notice that, of the 31 Sectional League Cup ties being played tonight and tomorrow, only 9 of them have assistant referees allocated.
Does anybody know the reason for this ? In the past all Super League teams (Premier or Division One) at home were automatically assigned assistant referees regardless of the opposition, unless there is a shortage of officials for whatever reason.  That means that in previous seasons there were at least 13 matches covered by assistant referees on a full fixture card.
There are 16 Premiership or Championship sides at home tomorrow, and only 9 of them have assistant referees allocated.
Similarly, we have no assistant referees allocated for our home game on Monday night either.

It will due to availability of referee’s majority will still be on holiday

3 hours ago, juventus said:

It will due to availability of referee’s majority will still be on holiday

Something else that was probably never considered when the early start to the season was put forward.

On 30/06/2018 at 09:43, Jimmy Gentles said:

Beith and ladeside is becoming a strange fixture with both teams seeming to fare better in their away fixtures although there is no disputing who the kings of the valley are these days..............

Who would that be my friend.........

1 hour ago, the wee jags said:

Who would that be my friend.........

The club thats won two super premier league titles , the scottish cup , the west of scotland cup, ayrshire cup and evening times cup all in the last ten years my friend ........... while ladeside still live off 52 and 77:lol:worse than england ........,,as for dalry you are improving as we saw yesterday but will always be the third wheel in the valley :1eye

1 hour ago, Jimmy Gentles said:

The club thats won two super premier league titles , the scottish cup , the west of scotland cup, ayrshire cup and evening times cup all in the last ten years my friend ........... while ladeside still live off 52 and 77:lol:worse than england ........,,as for dalry you are improving as we saw yesterday but will always be the third wheel in the valley :1eye

But we are still kilbirnie so that makes us number 1 in the valley my man 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Gentles said:

Both finalists in the new sectional cup will have played about  12 games in 32 days , jeezo the season will only be about a month old and they will be burned oot ........... progress? If youre in the senior scottish cup you're  better out this nonsense .

true. should have scrapped it altogether. i'll never understand the junior obsession with cluttering the fixtures with trophies .

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

true. should have scrapped it altogether. i'll never understand the junior obsession with cluttering the fixtures with trophies .

Its mental and sheer fuckabouterry . Guys are still on holiday , players will always pick up niggles at this early stage ( we got two yesterday ) and the two successful teams get hammered with 12 games in 32 days - as said best out of it . 

Archived