West Region SJFA Sectional League Cup

Kennie

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 moan . I know it’s a new set up but we were at Beith in this last season & also home to Dalry . A wee bit of tinkering can sort that though

Next season you will be home to beith and away to Dalry with new groups impossible not to have same fixtures as last it’s a new set up and every team get the reverse fixture next season

1 moan . I know it’s a new set up but we were at Beith in this last season & also home to Dalry . A wee bit of tinkering can sort that though
1 question. Why you bothered ? After all it's just a diddy cup is it NOT?[emoji848]

1 hour ago, qwerty said:

1 question. Why you bothered ? After all it's just a diddy cup is it NOT?emoji848.png

Put it along side the ayrshire cup in fact the scottish and West are like ayrshire cups these days anyway.

Aye but al go to the home game . Mind you I’m hearing that the gate is getting split now so that makes it a bit of a poser for me
C'mon just admit it your desperate to end the boycott, plus the games are on a grass pitch which is a bonus [emoji41][emoji41]

Really looking forward to the escalation in bubbling about the final venue for this new cup as it was bad enough with Ayrshire/ Central only teams. 

"How come we have to travel from X to Y on a Sunday when there's a Scotland game/ my cat's birthday, etc." 

3 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Really looking forward to the escalation in bubbling about the final venue for this new cup as it was bad enough with Ayrshire/ Central only teams. 

"How come we have to travel from X to Y on a Sunday when there's a Scotland game/ my cat's birthday, etc." 

If neither of them in the final then pollok or medda park would do me perfect . Greaf surfaces and capacity with good public transport links .

Just now, Jimmy Gentles said:

If neither of them in the final then pollok or medda park would do me perfect . Greaf surfaces and capacity with good public transport links .

I agree, but I suppose it's a discussion for another day nearer the time. It always ends in tears. :lol:

57 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Aye but al go to the home game . Mind you I’m hearing that the gate is getting split now so that makes it a bit of a poser for me

As per the West's constitution all Cup gates should have been shared.
The group stages of the Sectional League Cup used to be played under league rules, i.e. trialists were allowed and home teams kept their own home gates.

Are trialists still allowed in the groups this year ?

Trialists have been and will continue to be available for all games prior to quarter finals as previously and similarly all gates should continue to be shared as per Constitution.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

The group stages of the Sectional League Cup used to be played under league rules, i.e. trialists were allowed and home teams kept their own home gates.

No - shared gates in the league section.

Last year Largs had a home game on a Saturday against Kilbirnie as well as Wednesday games at home to Beith and Winton. We kept all the gate money.

This year we have a Monday night home game against Saltcoats where we have to share the gate money and we'll receive half the gate from a Saturday game at Ardeer and Kilwinning on a Wednesday.

Not a gripe about the fixtures - a gripe about the format. I was happy with the old format. It's also officially the end of Ayrshire Junior football now the Ayrshire Junior Cup and Jackie Scarlett Cup have gone. (I know it hasn't officially been called the Jackie Scarlett Cup for nearly 20 years - people still call it that though).

13 minutes ago, Chis said:

Trialists have been and will continue to be available for all games prior to quarter finals as previously and similarly all gates should continue to be shared as per Constitution.

Sectional games weren't shared gate money previously.

Archived