West Region SJFA Sectional League Cup

Kennie

Well, I didn't think I'd be doing this with my first Topic as the new Fixtures Secretary, but I've got a big apology to make.

Last night after arriving home from a very late meeting at Hampden, I thought I could at least sort out the groups in the sectional league cup before I headed to bed.

I then noticed on here that some posters were more or less begging for something to be published from me and so in my haste to oblige I published the groups as I had them.

I have since found out an error in 2 groups. (Places Tin Hat on head) 

Group 3 and 4 have Muirkirk and Talbot in the wrong place.

Group 3 is - Cumnock, Kello, Muirkirk and Lugar

Group 4 is - Glenafton, Talbot, Darvel and Hurlford.

Not as previously posted.

All other groups are as they should be.

I can only apologise and say that it's a lesson learned. Double check everything then check it again.

The fixtures for the Sectional League Cup have been compiled and will be published soon.

I'm now away to compile the League Fixtures.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kennie said:

Well, I didn't think I'd be doing this with my first Topic as the new Fixtures Secretary, but I've got a big apology to make.

Last night after arriving home from a very late meeting at Hampden, I thought I could at least sort out the groups in the sectional league cup before I headed to bed.

I then noticed on here that some posters were more or less begging for something to be published from me and so in my haste to oblige I published the groups as I had them.

I have since found out an error in 2 groups. (Places Tin Hat on head) 

Group 3 and 4 have Muirkirk and Talbot in the wrong place.

Group 3 is - Cumnock, Kello, Muirkirk and Lugar

Group 4 is - Glenafton, Talbot, Darvel and Hurlford.

Not as previously posted.

All other groups are as they should be.

I can only apologise and say that it's a lesson learned. Double check everything then check it again.

The fixtures for the Sectional League Cup have been compiled and will be published soon.

I'm now away to compile the League Fixtures.

Sack him, bring back our beloved Fixtures Man. :thumsup2

I'd just like to offer a bit of clarity with the new set-up of the Sectional League Cup as some folk seem to be a bit confused by it.

The Regions 63 clubs were divided into 8 sections. Sections 1 - 7 have 8 teams and section 8 has 7 teams.

The Sections were agreed by the clubs at the AGM and are -

Section 1 - Annbank, Craigmark, Girvan, Maybole, Irvine Meadow, Irvine Victoria, Troon and Whitletts.

Section 2 - Cumnock, Glenafton, Kello, Muirkirk, Talbot, Darvel, Hurlford and Lugar

Section 3 - Ardeer, Ardrossan, Kilwinning, Saltcoats, Beith, Dalry, Kilbirnie and Largs

Section 4 - Greenock, Johnstone Burgh, Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Arthurlie, Benburb, Neilston and St Anthony's

Section 5 - Clydebank, Maryhill, Vale Of Leven, Yoker, Pollok, Rossvale, Shettleston and Vale Of Clyde.

Section 6 - Ashfield, Glasgow Perthshire, Petershill, St Roch's, Cumbernauld, Gartcairn, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch

Section 7 - Cambuslang, Rutherglen, Thorniewood, Bellshill, Blantyre, East Kilbride, Larkhall and Royal Albert

Section 8 - Forth, Newmains, Shotts, Wishaw, Carluke, Lanark and Lesmahagow.

The Section teams were all numbered from 1 through to 8.

A draw was made to split the sections into 2 groups. These groups will remain in place for 2 seasons.

After 2 seasons the Sections will be put back together with the same 8 teams and a fresh draw will be made. Should that draw result in the same 4 teams being in the groups it will be re-drawn to ensure that there is a change in the line-up.

Round 2 of the competition will see the Group winners of each section meet in a play-off for Section Winners. (Odd numbered groups have home advantage)

Round 3 - Quarter Finals.

Round 4 - Semi-Finals

Round 5 - Final

Round 2 of the competition will see the Group winners of each section meet in a play-off for Section Winners. (Odd numbered groups have home advantage)

Is this fixed or is this for year 1 and then in year 2 the even number groups get home advantage?

11 minutes ago, GBC21s said:

Is this fixed or is this for year 1 and then in year 2 the even number groups get home advantage?

As all aspects are swapped over for year 2, this would also be done in the interests of fairness.

18 minutes ago, snoots said:

Perhaps you would like to keep redrawing the groups till you get the ties you dear wish. What a shambles junior football has become. Corrupt as f**k.

My argument last night that the drip feeding of information before due diligence was complete stands and it allows the likes of  “snoots” the opportunity to fire off criticism. He won’t be the only one as the Juniors have many detractors who appear to have an axe to grind. I’m blown away by the amount of work Kennie has done but it needs to be right every time to keep snoots and co off our backs. 

14 hours ago, Viewparker said:

My argument last night that the drip feeding of information before due diligence was complete stands and it allows the likes of  “snoots” the opportunity to fire off criticism. He won’t be the only one as the Juniors have many detractors who appear to have an axe to grind. I’m blown away by the amount of work Kennie has done but it needs to be right every time to keep snoots and co off our backs. 

No it doesnt. All thats required is best efforts, a willingness to learn from mistakes , not have perceived favourites and for honest and easy 2-way communication between Kennie and the clubs. That way trust is built and i must say its a pretty good start. 

If I were Kennie id not be on here every 5 minutes explaining myself to all the trolls but where there is some important decision made then it would be welcome as not all clubs are particularly forthcoming with information. 

Wouldn't bother my arse with tubes like this Snoots guy. He's basically accusing someone of corruption for no good reason and doesn't deserve to have his snidey pish validated. 

Which one of us has hit the ground running in a new job and not made the odd mistake, especially with a completely new competition?

The vast majority are clearly happy with how things are going with this. 

3 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Wouldn't bother my arse with tubes like this Snoots guy. He's basically accusing someone of corruption for no good reason and doesn't deserve to have his snidey pish validated. 

Which one of us has hit the ground running in a new job and not made the odd mistake, especially with a completely new competition?

The vast majority are clearly happy with how things are going with this. 

spot on

28 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

No it doesnt. All thats required is best efforts, a willingness to learn from mistakes , not have perceived favourites and for honest and easy 2-way communication between Kennie and the clubs. That way trust is built and i must say its a pretty good start. 

If I were Kennie id not be on here every 5 minutes explaining myself to all the trolls but where there is some important decision made then it would be welcome as not all clubs are particularly forthcoming with information. 

I've been blown away with the messages of support so far and it really is appreciated. I don't have a problem either when people point out something to me that I may have missed.

I'm NOT the enemy.

I want to help the clubs not hinder them.

I am NOT the ENEMY

I want the clubs on my side, that way I'm sure we can get things done better.

I am NOT THE ENEMY

I strongly believe that communication and open-ness are the keys and I'm not going to hide away from criticism. If a point is put to me in a reasonable and civilised manner, I will do my best to answer it. Mistakes - yes, I will make some, but I'll face the music when I do. 

I AM NOT THE ENEMY

There will always be those that have a hidden agenda, those that are too busy moaning to allow happiness into their sad wee lives, those that just don't like me for whatever reason, (maybe I pulled out in front of them at a junction or something). 

Did I mention - I am not the enemy.

Archived