The Scourge of Amateur Football

Area 51

These allegations fly about not only in the Ayrshire league. There was another association that a league was won and on atleast 3 occasions teams gave the eventual champions the points in the second half of the season and they were also handed a tie in a cup game also. 
These teams said they couldnt field a team but its more a case of they couldnt compete with the side in question and saved thereselves the embarresment of a possible heavy defeat. 
Said team have tried to move into a better standard of league but have been refused which will probably mean more of the same for them next season.
Yes they will win trophies but how enjoyable will it be for these players not getting challenged and im sure they will be targetting major trophies again which without proper domestic competition will be very difficult as u need to have the edge about ur game to challenge the best teams.
For me its a problem but it hapens and i dont see it changing anytime soon and at the end of the day its 11v11 on that park regardless of who got what from who. As a player it shud make u raise ur game and as a team it should give u that wee bit extra determination to beat any team that bends/breaks the rules to gain success.

Are they paying a lot of money or just Pennies?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These allegations fly about not only in the Ayrshire league. There was another association that a league was won and on atleast 3 occasions teams gave the eventual champions the points in the second half of the season and they were also handed a tie in a cup game also. 
These teams said they couldnt field a team but its more a case of they couldnt compete with the side in question and saved thereselves the embarresment of a possible heavy defeat. 
Said team have tried to move into a better standard of league but have been refused which will probably mean more of the same for them next season.
Yes they will win trophies but how enjoyable will it be for these players not getting challenged and im sure they will be targetting major trophies again which without proper domestic competition will be very difficult as u need to have the edge about ur game to challenge the best teams.
For me its a problem but it hapens and i dont see it changing anytime soon and at the end of the day its 11v11 on that park regardless of who got what from who. As a player it shud make u raise ur game and as a team it should give u that wee bit extra determination to beat any team that bends/breaks the rules to gain success.

Pennies?

10 minutes ago, xnxx said:
22 hours ago, Redondo said:

Pennies?

We all know the teams who r branded with the tag so I dont need to be name dropping because without concrete evidence im only going on what the majority are and that is hear'say. 

Theres no smoke without fire tho and in all honesty teams like that have no place in the amateur game and they will inevitably fall away when there sugar daddy gets bored and moves onto something else to spend his money on.

I have never mentioned teams, does it really matter what league/division the team are in??

If ur paying players ur paying players thats what this thread is about. The main thing that is dragging the amateur game down, not all teams r playing by the rules and the teams in question can dress it up whichever way they want but as soon as u cross that line ur forever tarred with that brush!!!

Guest Mick Kennedy

I think it’s unfair to start to say it’s that team or that team. I’m sure it will all come out in the coming weeks 

Listen, Mick firstly i never mentioned any names when posting. 

Bawsoot, r u for real ? Jealous ... who wud be jealous of guys that are trying to fast track success by attracting players through financial gain!! 

The team u mention were formed when, 2/3 years ago so obviously started in the 3rd division and u just need to look at the players playing for that team since there forming to realise somethings no rite there. 

Best of luck to them , im sure there proud of there achievements.

Guest Mick Kennedy
1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Listen, Mick firstly i never mentioned any names when posting. 

Bawsoot, r u for real ? Jealous ... who wud be jealous of guys that are trying to fast track success by attracting players through financial gain!! 

The team u mention were formed when, 2/3 years ago so obviously started in the 3rd division and u just need to look at the players playing for that team since there forming to realise somethings no rite there. 

Best of luck to them , im sure there proud of there achievements.

Mate I’m not talking about you I mean in general. 

On 29/06/2018 at 10:03, Dindeleux said:

Don’t really think this would be evidence to be honest Mick. I could start a group chat with some randomers under a group name of Generic FC and then get people to post saying “Club X offered me £500”. Posting the photo will only tell us what we already know.

I 100% believe the OP I’m just saying that it wouldn’t be actual evidence.

^^^^^

Exactly this. The saved message proves that the player says that he was made an offer,it doesn't prove that he was made such an offer.

Surely there is enough for an association to at least start an investigation. Everyone sitting on the committee in Ayrshire knows HT do it. They are not stupid. They are within their rights too check a clubs financial status at any time. This isn't just a rumour as it's been spoke about for years and years. Even if it comes too nothing I am pretty sure it would be enough to put the wind up their sails 

Surely there is enough for an association to at least start an investigation. Everyone sitting on the committee in Ayrshire knows HT do it. They are not stupid. They are within their rights too check a clubs financial status at any time. This isn't just a rumour as it's been spoke about for years and years. Even if it comes too nothing I am pretty sure it would be enough to put the wind up their sails 

Where I do agree with ur point I have to say I don't think it would help much, I just can't see the ht accounts saying

Mullen £6000
Love £6000
Currie - his job

6 grand for an amateur player!! Come on , whoever is paying this needs to be looked at by more than the league association. Ludacris!! To win what the scottish?? Never heard the likes of that 6 grand. 

14 minutes ago, Redondo said:

6 grand for an amateur player!! Come on , whoever is paying this needs to be looked at by more than the league association. Ludacris!! To win what the scottish?? Never heard the likes of that 6 grand. 

The thing is mate. They still didn’t win no Scottish or any other national trophy.  So the money man has “allegedly” wasted  his cash on these players only to win local cups. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived