The Scourge of Amateur Football

Area 51

Once again we have lost two players this season, to so called better sides. Basically I don't have a problem with that, if a player believes he may be going to a better side/club , then so be it ,but when that said Club offer financial incentives, it really sticks in my craw . Now before anyone says "prove it", what I can say, is that I have saved the message a player gave, saying he was going to Club ABC.

When asked if he would reconsider, he stated that he had been made a good offer, one that would cover all his expenses. The other player was offered a more lucrative deal, but turned it down.

I have one piece of the evidence, but I know it will require absolute corroboration. Does anyone have any ideas on how this can be stamped  out of the amateur game ? or am I just being a hopeless optimist  ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

Once again we have lost two players this season, to so called better sides. Basically I don't have a problem with that, if a player believes he may be going to a better side/club , then so be it ,but when that said Club offer financial incentives, it really sticks in my craw . Now before anyone says "prove it", what I can say, is that I have saved the message a player gave, saying he was going to Club ABC.

When asked if he would reconsider, he stated that he had been made a good offer, one that would cover all his expenses. The other player was offered a more lucrative deal, but turned it down.

I have one piece of the evidence, but I know it will require absolute corroboration. Does anyone have any ideas on how this can be stamped  out of the amateur game ? or am I just being a hopeless optimist  ?

Feel for you champ. The team i help out with is in a similar situation. One boy got offered a lot of money and has went, one has refused at the moment but I have no doubt a counter offer will be made and the third guy is quitting the game due to the fact he is moving away. Being an Ayrshire man I am sure that everyone reading this will no the club involved. Our manager also has a message detailing the money offered but we know the player won't back it up if we take it further as he will lose the cash. It's discussed on this forum at length and their is simply nothing that can be done about it it seems 

3 hours ago, Area 51 said:

Are you saying you have a message saying he's going to a certain club but he told you over the phone or in person he had been made a financial offer to go?

I have a message saved, on our WhatsApp Group Chat, telling the Club that he had been made an offer by a certain Club, that he  couldn't afford to turn down. H e wished us all the best for the coming season. Our other player, approached by the same Club, was made an even bigger offer, he turned it down.

I have a message saved, on our WhatsApp Group Chat, telling the Club that he had been made an offer by a certain Club, that he  couldn't afford to turn down. H e wished us all the best for the coming season. Our other player, approached by the same Club, was made an even bigger offer, he turned it down.

Yea crazy not to or even take it to your association

I would take a photo of it and put on this chat mate 

Don’t really think this would be evidence to be honest Mick. I could start a group chat with some randomers under a group name of Generic FC and then get people to post saying “Club X offered me £500”. Posting the photo will only tell us what we already know.

I 100% believe the OP I’m just saying that it wouldn’t be actual evidence.

19 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

It would be enough for his association to cite the player to explain his comments

I agree. The player would have to be cited and perhaps the player who turned it down would be willing too corroborate and explain how much he was offered? It would certainly be enough too get the ball rolling you would think 

I have read with interest all the allegations regarding money flying around and you have 3 options.
1/ Get a rich backer and do the same - which there are very few around and goes against the concept of Amt football
2/ Make a collective stand and refuse to play the offending team.
3/ Start a new league and refuse them entry.
There may be another few options, but the crux of the story is. Do something about it or stop whinging !!!!!

Fair point. Teams in Caley League kicked out Larkhall so why don't rest of Ayrshyre if they all hink their cheets

I have read with interest all the allegations regarding money flying around and you have 3 options.
1/ Get a rich backer and do the same - which there are very few around and goes against the concept of Amt football
2/ Make a collective stand and refuse to play the offending team.
3/ Start a new league and refuse them entry.
There may be another few options, but the crux of the story is. Do something about it or stop whinging !!!!!
Can't help but agree with this. Every week someone comes on and moans about Hurlford paying players. Everyone has proof apparently.
It's not that hard to do something about it. Refuse to play them would be the most obvious, quickest and easiest solution. Ok disciplinary action may get taken by the league but realistically are they going to discipline every team every week? Let Hurlford win the league by default and see then what happens. I'm sure then the players who play for them would get fed up pretty quick not playing and go elsewhere and force them to disband. Otherwise the AAFA would have to act because their league would become a farce. It's not hard to contact all other teams in the league to agree to a communal stand.

Otherwise just stop moaning about it.

These allegations fly about not only in the Ayrshire league. There was another association that a league was won and on atleast 3 occasions teams gave the eventual champions the points in the second half of the season and they were also handed a tie in a cup game also. 

These teams said they couldnt field a team but its more a case of they couldnt compete with the side in question and saved thereselves the embarresment of a possible heavy defeat. 

Said team have tried to move into a better standard of league but have been refused which will probably mean more of the same for them next season.

Yes they will win trophies but how enjoyable will it be for these players not getting challenged and im sure they will be targetting major trophies again which without proper domestic competition will be very difficult as u need to have the edge about ur game to challenge the best teams.

For me its a problem but it hapens and i dont see it changing anytime soon and at the end of the day its 11v11 on that park regardless of who got what from who. As a player it shud make u raise ur game and as a team it should give u that wee bit extra determination to beat any team that bends/breaks the rules to gain success.

This 11 v 11 argument really sticks in my craw. Teams work hard season upon season to try compete. Get their teams too a position where they are almost competing then the cheats come in and take their best players by offering them cash which they aren't in a position too refuse. So how can teams keep competing 11 v 11?  If they want too spend money and bring junior players in then fill your boots. And let the amateur boys have a go 11 v 11. But they don't instead they just go take the best players from amateur by illegal means. Cheating end off story.

I do agree that teams should refuse too play them. It was spoke about two seasons ago but didn't go anywhere as simply the teams wouldn't do it collectively.  One or two doing it is no use and won't change a thing. Has to be all or nothing 

Once again we have another post started with a valid point may i add  But some how it becomes about Ayrshire and HT 

ffs guys dose it not seem obvious to everyone it's not just HT that's doing it !! (if its true lol) but teams from all over the country and in every 

ammie league  

So lets try and fix it and not just go over the same shit on every post 

If people have evidence and more than 1 corroboration then take it to ur association and present it. the nxt action is then on ur association to do something about it within a set time frame or you can escalate ur evidence to the SAFA who cannot ignore it. Other than getting all other clubs together in the one room to decide on an action against the so called cheating team there is nothing else that can be done.

Archived