The Scourge of Amateur Football

Area 51

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Play amateur and train once a week and play local or play junior train twice a week and spend most of your Saturday away if it an away game i can see why players choose to stay amateur

If they have any ambition they should play highest level they can. Some amateur teams train twice a week

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting that back in my day 25 to 30 years ago it was almost suicidal to sign pro forms at any level as barring becoming a cripple it was impossible to get reinstated amateur.

Some junior players back then stayed on amateur forms.

I know of a couple earning huge money back then for a redundant junior team that also was run by the chocolate bar family.

Cash in the pocket on a Saturday night that lasted till throwing out time in fat sams.

I was making a quarter at a higher level [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

I must have been a crap negotiator

On 30/06/2018 at 19:32, xnxx said:
On 29/06/2018 at 21:15, Redondo said:
These allegations fly about not only in the Ayrshire league. There was another association that a league was won and on atleast 3 occasions teams gave the eventual champions the points in the second half of the season and they were also handed a tie in a cup game also. 
These teams said they couldnt field a team but its more a case of they couldnt compete with the side in question and saved thereselves the embarresment of a possible heavy defeat. 
Said team have tried to move into a better standard of league but have been refused which will probably mean more of the same for them next season.
Yes they will win trophies but how enjoyable will it be for these players not getting challenged and im sure they will be targetting major trophies again which without proper domestic competition will be very difficult as u need to have the edge about ur game to challenge the best teams.
For me its a problem but it hapens and i dont see it changing anytime soon and at the end of the day its 11v11 on that park regardless of who got what from who. As a player it shud make u raise ur game and as a team it should give u that wee bit extra determination to beat any team that bends/breaks the rules to gain success.

Pennies?

If it is Pennies then it never helped them against Westquarter, a team just started and in the division below.

Archived