West Region AGM outcome

glensmad

2 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

IMG_0155.jpg
Here are all the groups here

Sections 1 and 2 are now an 8 team group.  Sections 3 and 4 are now an 8 team group etc etc. 

This list was the original management proposal but Johnstone Burgh's amendment to it was voted through as a way of sharing around, within a slightly wider geographical region, the fixtures.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Roberston is an absolute cluster f**k can't even do the fixtures instead of being sacked he's been given a promotion and probably more money........unbelievable Jeff

The overall amount for the office bearers is unchanged so each will receive a bit less than at present.

Sections 1 and 2 are now an 8 team group.  Sections 3 and 4 are now an 8 team group etc etc. 
This list was the original management proposal but Johnstone Burgh's amendment to it was voted through as a way of sharing around, within a slightly wider geographical region, the fixtures.

Slightly wider
I'm totally baffled at why rob roy has been put in with st rochs petershill and Ashfield while shire are in with Kilsyth cumbernauld and I think gartcairn
Not even close never mind slightly wider

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:
10 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:
Are Clydebank not using Maryhill?

Yes, but it would appear that although the region knew that they withheld that information from the candidates for fixture Secretary.

Groundshare now confirmed on club website - Bankies will start the new season at Lochburn as work on Holm Park is due to start soon.

http://www.clydebankfc.com/bankies-to-groundshare-at-maryhill/.

2 minutes ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Groundshare now confirmed on club website - Bankies will start the new season at Lochburn as work on Holm Park is due to start soon.

http://www.clydebankfc.com/bankies-to-groundshare-at-maryhill/.

So Kennie turns up, fixtures all prepared, hears this then has to bin the lot.

Will be interesting to see if the usual Marymass debacle can be avoided this year.

Details of ground sharing and also availability of certain grounds on certain dates/days were only intimated at last night's meeting, leaving the new Fixture Secretary no option but to take another look at his proposed fixture list allowing him to make any necessary alterations before issuing it. Surely this is better than issuing his  original list and than having to change it.

12 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Slightly wider
I'm totally baffled at why rob roy has been put in with st rochs petershill and Ashfield while shire are in with Kilsyth cumbernauld and I think gartcairn

Kirkintilloch to Ashfield or Petershill is only about 6 miles is it not?  No matter how you group the West Region teams, there will always be discrepancies.  Our clubs don't all sit in neat wee pockets.  Your original group was tighter but the Johnstone Burgh proposal widened the groups.

Our group now instead of being in only with Arthurlie, the Bens and the Ants could now include Port Glasgow and Greenock in future years.  Years ago they were in our sectional group anyway.

18 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Slightly wider

It's because Section 5 contains all the teams you mentioned. A draw placed them in 2 groups and that is what you have.

2 minutes ago, Brig O'Lea said:

Kirkintilloch to Ashfield or Petershill is only about 6 miles is it not?  No matter how you group the West Region teams, there will always be discrepancies.  Our clubs don't all sit in neat wee pockets.  Your original group was tighter but the Johnstone Burgh proposal widened the groups.

Our group now instead of being in only with Arthurlie, the Bens and the Ants could now include Port Glasgow and Greenock in future years.  Years ago they were in our sectional group anyway.

Our group (Kilsyth) has all teams relatively close although we would have liked the derby match v Rob Roy to be retained. Many years ago in its earlier format we had Duntocher Hibs and Vale of Leven in our group. Can't remember any moaning about excessive distance then.

Maybe but rob roy play in cumbernauld so there is no logic to them being in our group tbh

If we are going down that road then may aswell just have an open draw with all the club's rather than just randomly throwing in teams to make up the numbers
Vale of clyde shettleston Rossvale Maryhill glasgow perthshire Ashfield petershill and st rochs that's your 8 teams for that part of the region it's not rocket science

8 minutes ago, eaglelok said:

Bloody hell the guys had the job less than 24 hours and already he's getting moaned at . No wonder we got stuck with Robertson for so long. No one wanted the job .

I don't think people are moaning at Kennie, at least they shouldn't be.

The clubs made the decisions last night, not Kennie. It's up to Kennie now to apply the rules which the clubs have voted for, which his predecessor simply refused to do. Hence him no longer doing the job.

46 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

If we are going down that road then may aswell just have an open draw with all the club's rather than just randomly throwing in teams to make up the numbers
Vale of clyde shettleston Rossvale Maryhill glasgow perthshire Ashfield petershill and st rochs that's your 8 teams for that part of the region it's not rocket science

Personally quite happy with the new format but as said it would have been an impossible task - even with your good example GOTW - at a glance it looks ideal however someone from Maryhill could easily say  - why are we going to Tollcross (14 miles) when Yoker is closer (5 miles)

It is completely unworkable to be "ideal"

Looking forward to the change and playing KRR and Ashfield - oh and another King of the North battle :)

23 hours ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Personally quite happy with the new format but as said it would have been an impossible task - even with your good example GOTW - at a glance it looks ideal however someone from Maryhill could easily say  - why are we going to Tollcross (14 miles) when Yoker is closer (5 miles)

It is completely unworkable to be "ideal"

Looking forward to the change and playing KRR and Ashfield - oh and another King of the North battle :)

The small print says no changes for two years.

18 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

The small print says no changes for two years.

Again I think this is sensible as the teams will then rotate home and away then back in the mix with a draw for the next two years - keeps it quite fresh and everyone gets an equal turn at their shops etc - my understanding is that the gates will be shared - which again makes sense

Too much sense happening here - what about the pyram.......

The whole revamp, in my opinion, hasn't made it any better. Our group before hand was a good group with all local derbies, EK, GLENS, BLANTYRE, VOC. That's all gine now. No local derby just devalues it and makes the games even more pre season friendlies than they already were. There are no matches where I can say, oh that's a mouth watering match. I totally get why they tried to revamp it but it's not done what I'd hoped it would.

8 minutes ago, thelangonline said:

The whole revamp, in my opinion, hasn't made it any better. Our group before hand was a good group with all local derbies, EK, GLENS, BLANTYRE, VOC. That's all gine now. No local derby just devalues it and makes the games even more pre season friendlies than they already were. There are no matches where I can say, oh that's a mouth watering match. I totally get why they tried to revamp it but it's not done what I'd hoped it would.

Nice to see you're missing us.

7 minutes ago, thelangonline said:

Fair point

although some of the previous groups were not exaclt derbys

in our case we had Bellshill, Thorniewood and Shettleston with Peasy (no idea how that came about)

At least with the new set up 75% of teams will be finished in the League Cup Section allowing the league to start much earlier - As I had suggested we are never going to get an ideal scenario

Archived