West Region AGM outcome

glensmad

I'm hearing that Kennie Young won the vote for Fixtures Secretary.

I also hear that Kennie and Robert withdrew from the vote for General Secretary, leaving Scott Robertson to be appointed unopposed to do whatever is left of the General Secretary role.

Hopefully somebody will confirm later.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
7 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Why did they withdraw and leave his appointment unopposed

Can only be that they didn’t actually want the secretary job as it will be a lot of work and appears young has the job he wants 

be interesting to see how the fixtures go this year 

10 minutes ago, catakoom said:

If that's true then it's a disgrace and do these blazer boys have no shame so i wonder if any of them are brave enough to come on here and defend this decision.

Democracy is a b*****d so it is

Roberston is an absolute cluster f**k can't even do the fixtures instead of being sacked he's been given a promotion and probably more money........unbelievable Jeff

Still in the same role less responsibility

14 minutes ago, CCC loyal said:

It’s certainty that people will be moaning about the new fixture guy before the seasons out 

It's one of those invidious jobs where there is absolutely no chance anyone will ever be able to please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

Anything's got to be an improvement or what's been going on for the last few years though...at times watching last season's fixtures unfold was like watching Helen Keller play snooker.

At least Kennie will stick to the agreed parameters of the job - congratulations to him on his appointment.

I share the astonishment of many on here though that the previous incumbent has seemingly had a paid makework post created for him.

6 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Ayrshire and Central scrapped. Evening Times Cup played the following season. Johnstone Burgh proposal for Sectional League Cup.

EDIT : Shared gates in the sectional games.

Please don't tell me they've kept the fucking Sectional...

It’s certainty that people will be moaning about the new fixture guy before the seasons out 
I can't believe the fixtures aren't up on the West Region website yet. Bring back the old Fixtures Man.

Archived