Joined up writing

nsr

An elderly friend of my aunt shared this

image.png

Liz Smith makes a very good point. I was forever reading old documents from the 1800s for school projects and I was thankful for being able to read joined up writing. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

• 1 year later...

Whilst my handwriting has never been very sexy I was pretty good at the joined up letters etc when I was at school.

Since I’ve started working though and using computers for 95% of tasks the short bits of writing I have to do are now done in capital letters. When I started working I thought writing everything in capital letters was, as it was at school, the work of mouth breathers. But I can’t stop myself doing it.

Even worse - if I’m writing a birthday card or something I am aware of the block capital plague I seem to have. I set out to write it “properly” but halfway through (the 8 or so words you would write) go into auto-pilot and the recipient gets a jumbled mess of capital and “wee” letters.

50 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Whilst my handwriting has never been very sexy I was pretty good at the joined up letters etc when I was at school.

Since I’ve started working though and using computers for 95% of tasks the short bits of writing I have to do are now done in capital letters. When I started working I thought writing everything in capital letters was, as it was at school, the work of mouth breathers. But I can’t stop myself doing it.

Even worse - if I’m writing a birthday card or something I am aware of the block capital plague I seem to have. I set out to write it “properly” but halfway through (the 8 or so words you would write) go into auto-pilot and the recipient gets a jumbled mess of capital and “wee” letters.

"lower case" is the preferred term.

On 30/06/2018 at 14:10, The Gypsy King said:

I am left-handed and have Dyspraxia, so naturally my handwriting is shite.

My sons dyspraxic and dyslexic......his handwriting is awful. He uses an iPad or like for some writing tasks at school.

Hes not being taught to touch type, going to try over summer holidays to get some websites and him practicing.

13 hours ago, Doctor said:

My jobs pish, I don't have enough to do and I've got to the point where I can't even be bothered pretending I do. It's a big contrast because it was the polar opposite a year ago when I felt like I couldn't take lunches and had to stay past 5pm every night.

Now I get to go for a walk every lunch hour which is great and I get to go home at 5 and get 30 sets of beady eyes judging me for daring to embrace my free time. 

Keep getting told it'll pickup in the next 3 months but man pretending you are busy 3 and a half days a week is way more draining than I'd ever thought 

boastin b*****d

14 hours ago, RH33 said:

My sons dyspraxic, dyslexic......even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Thanks for unintentionally reminding me of that episode  :P