A-League 2018/19 & FFA Cup 2018

Eednud

13 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Happy 18th aniversary of scudding American Samoa 31-0

2 days earlier they beat Tonga 22-0, then on the 14th only 2-0 v Fiji finishing up on then16th 12-0 over Samoa. 

45 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

So going by Poppas time at his last club we can expect the Glory to win the ACL next year then?

But can he break his Grand Final hoodoo if Glory make it? Runner-up in 2013, 2014 & 2016.

Not commented much on the games I've watched this season, but I thought Kristian Popovic was worth a mention after his cameo appearance. He was... an interesting watch. Could pick a pass pretty well when he had space to do so, and played a couple of absolute belters, but absolutely fucked it every time he was under pressure. Obviously very young and very raw and there's something there for sure. But he really didn't look comfortable going in for challenges and seemed to buckle whenever folk approached. He'll need to pack that in.

Not commented much on the games I've watched this season, but I thought Kristian Popovic was worth a mention after his cameo appearance. He was... an interesting watch. Could pick a pass pretty well when he had space to do so, and played a couple of absolute belters, but absolutely fucked it every time he was under pressure. Obviously very young and very raw and there's something there for sure. But he really didn't look comfortable going in for challenges and seemed to buckle whenever folk approached. He'll need to pack that in.
He had a good opportunity which Sanatlab went for too and probably caused him to back off.

I agree though, he picked out some great passes.

Rumours Warren Joyce is getting a new contract. Warren bloody Joyce. I wouldn't be suprised if some City fans out west switch to Western United.
Ridiculous. City have been awful.

Rumours Warren Joyce is getting a new contract. Warren bloody Joyce. I wouldn't be suprised if some City fans out west switch to Western United.
As a Glory fan I am not complaining, Killkenny has been sensational since his move last Jan when Joyce froze him out. Hopefully. Fornaroli will have the same impact.