A-League 2018/19 & FFA Cup 2018

Eednud

Great day out in Melbourne for the Glory. Women through to the Grand Final winning 4-2 a.e.t. with hat trick for Sam Kerr. Men half as good winning 2-1. 7 points ahead with 9 games to go.
Was not expecting for the Glory to walk away with the 3 points. Our away form this year has been sensational. Its hard not to get carried away and think about winning this year but fully expect for the bottle to crash at some point.

Kerr has been brilliant for the woman's team and has dragged the team over the line more than once this season already.

"Western Athletic", I mean WTF? an awful nothing name.

My guess is they avoided Melbourne in the name to avoid alienating potential fans in Geelong where they are playing for first two seasons before moving to the Melbourne suburb of Tarneit in 2021.

Just now, GNU_Linux said:
11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
"Western Athletic", I mean WTF? an awful nothing name.

My guess is they avoided Melbourne in the name to avoid alienating potential fans Geelong where they are playing for first two seasons before moving to the Melbourne suburb of Tarneit in 2021. Western Pride would however have been a much better name imo however.

I'm a firm believer that a new club like this needs identity with a city/area, this is nothing.  Disappointing.

I spoke too soon. Seems the Western Athletic thing wasnt true & instead it's the uber generic 'Western United'.

Home kit is seemingly going to green & black stripes. Think Celtic away circa 2006 or Sassuolo home. Away kit is white. At least thats something different.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/western-united-new-melbourne-a-league-side-to-confirm-name-colours-20190212-p50xcb.html

2 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

And there’s the equaliser..... is this going to be another Brisbane vs Ceres-Negros?

No, the numbers stayed on the back of the shirts. Jets made hard work of it and as you said earlier their unlikely to get past Kashima.

After all the work Craig Foster has done in getting Hakeem home (while the FFA stayed silent on the matter), inconjunction with the Matilda's debacle the FFA have decided maybe Gallops position should be reviewed.

How you may ask? Another fucking survey...

5 hours ago, XIII said:

After all the work Craig Foster has done in getting Hakeem home (while the FFA stayed silent on the matter), inconjunction with the Matilda's debacle the FFA have decided maybe Gallops position should be reviewed.

How you may ask? Another fucking survey...

Gallop should have gone at the same time as Lowey. 

40 minutes ago, XIII said:
1 hour ago, Swarley said:
They were pretty shit before, now they've lost their best player.

Even better for me, Brissy play Glory on Saturday and Tags has scored in the previous two meetings between the two teams.

Tags? Mods please! ;)