A-League 2018/19 & FFA Cup 2018

Eednud

Two fantastic goals from Goodwin. Well deserved win for Adelaide.

Certainly were and certainly was. Great atmosphere at the game. That’s 3 out of 3 Finals Adelaide have won in Adelaide (1 A-League Grand Final and 2 FFA Cup Finals).

Seems odd, especially after turning down Valetta, hes 32 with no pro experience with a club willing to give him a go.

Ive determined he suffers from delusions of grandeur, hes been to the top of the Athletics world and he seems to really rate himself as a footballer, despite his only golas came against a hastily put together side of amateur/ semi pro footballers.

He won't get a gig in any meaningful league, id expect him to turn up in the Indian or Chinese league

If it was his dream to be a pro footballer as he's said then he'd have snapped up the first decent opportunity that came along.  In fact he could actually have paid a club to take him on if he was that keen! It's obviously just been another publicity stunt. Who'd have thought it.  :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Top of the league, Cmon Glory!!

To be fair we were very lucky with the VAR yesterday

You were but overall there was no way Glory were going to lose yesterday. Adelaide play some good passing football but are suspect as ever at the back and ineffective near goal. Popovic was a good choice and good shout for the finals. First league game of the season for me and why I hate 4.30pm kick-offs. Unless you’re in the stand there is almost no shade at Hindmarsh. Looking across at the only part of the ground with shade to the right of the stand.
IMG_0668.jpg Made my way over eventually. IMG_0669.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Glory - CCM game tonight was a belter. Really enjoyed that.

Sydney look like a proper transition team just now, still need to move players on I think.

Season shaping up nicely.

Glory does it at the death again! 4 points clear and yet to play to our best.

Hopefully Davidson and Ikonimedes are in contention for a national team callup for the preliminary squad, both have been sensational for Glory so far.