Dundee United v St. Johnstone Colts

Either way, Dundee United supporters are ecstatic about scoring a last-minute winner in a first-team fixture against St. Johnstone's Under 21s.

They really aren't though and as a Dundee fan that lack of euphoria on show at squeaking past a youth side is disappointing to me. The salty tears of the Saints fans at seeing their youths lose a nothing game is providing me with some sustenance however.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

If you think I'm a fucking loser, you clearly haven't looked at my signature and browsed through my Pie & Bovril achievements to date. What have you ever achieved on Pie & Bovril? 

This is the worst thing I have ever read in my life.

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

This is the worst thing I have ever read in my life.

You should just be grateful that I don't have a job. Otherwise, I wouldn't have enough time to tell you about my Pie & Bovril achievements and you'd probably assume that I was a loser.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

You should just be grateful that I don't have a job. Otherwise, I wouldn't have enough time to tell you about my Pie & Bovril achievements and you'd probably assume that I was a loser.

Are you old enough to be mortified by that song you wrote yet?

31 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Are you old enough to be mortified by that song you wrote yet?

Nah, I associate it with one of the best days of my Saints-supporting life. I'll always think of it fondly.

27 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

By no definition could you call the team United fielded last night as senior/first team. 

Completely at it. 

Agreed. That's why nobody has referred to the team as senior/first team.

15 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Nah, I associate it with one of the best days of my Saints-supporting life. I'll always think of it fondly.

Agreed. That's why nobody has referred to the team as senior/first team.

You called it a first team fixture at the end of your post. 

All over the place. 

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

You called it a first team fixture at the end of your post. 

All over the place. 

Yes, it was a first-team fixture. There's no denying that. Your manager decided to select a weakened side for a first-team fixture.

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Yes, it was a first-team fixture. There's no denying that. Your manager decided to select a weakened side for a first-team fixture.

Maybe you’re letting this meaningless fixture in this meaningless competition concern you too much.  Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe you’re letting this meaningless fixture in this meaningless competition concern you too much.  Just a thought.

As it's such a meaningless competition, I fully expect to see you field the exact same starting line-up in the next round against Alloa. It means nothing to Dundee United and I'm sure that there will be no regular senior players in the XI.

BTW just so TRS doesn't avoid this any more. 

But just so you are aware the development squad and development squad coaches are the only team and management that will be participating in the challenge Cup this year from United. 

Can't see him letting this fact get in the way of a good heads gone though :thumsup2

19 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

BTW just so TRS doesn't avoid this any more. 

But just so you are aware the development squad and development squad coaches are the only team and management that will be participating in the challenge Cup this year from United. 

Can't see him letting this fact get in the way of a good heads gone though :thumsup2

You're telling me that Dundee United would still field a reserve team if they reached the final of the Challenge Cup, the only competition they stand a chance of winning? What a terrible attitude. No wonder your club has deteriorated to such an extent. :(

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

You're telling me that Dundee United would still field a reserve team if they reached the final of the Challenge Cup, the only competition they stand a chance of winning? What a terrible attitude. No wonder your club has deteriorated to such an extent. :(

You are really trying hard here aren't you dude :lol:

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

You should just be grateful that I don't have a job.

The mining industry is always looking for folk of your stature, chief. Could also be back-up inside the canary cage, singin tunes :whistle

Archived